It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fix Is In

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Mein Kampf was just "words" also.

Trump wrote the "Art of the Deal", not Mein Kempf.

No, Trump did NOT write 'Art of the Deal' Read this and get a clue, please.

www.newyorker.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

If they actually tried to come after me for 1st and 2nd Amendment rights, then it'd only be under a police state.

If that happened, we'd have far more to worry about than silly rights.

Hillary is evil and she has shown that she doesn't care about people or freedoms or rights, but her hands are tied.

Too many are armed. Too many already have a voice.

Even someone as corrupt and as foul as Hillary couldn't remove all of that.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

a reply to: enlightenedservant

I was arguing that an impeached president, marred in scandal, will have influence in the White House again.

Being accused of something and being acquitted of it is bad now? If so, then what does that say about Trump and the numerous lawsuits against him? Sure, he hasn't been found guilty either. But simply having a trial is enough for you, right?

Yeah, wasn't Bill the real first black president? I forgot where I heard that before. But yeah you're right, he was popular, especially with the ladies it seems.

Edit: that's right it was Toni Morrison who called Bill the first black president.

I was going to respond more to this but there's no point. It has nothing to do with anything we're discussing. Remember, you're the one arguing that Bill being back in the White House is supposedly a bad thing. I'm just pointing out that most voters won't agree with you.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian

a reply to: spiritualzombie

Mein Kampf was just "words" also.

Trump wrote the "Art of the Deal", not Mein Kempf.

No, Trump did NOT write 'Art of the Deal' Read this and get a clue, please.

www.newyorker.com...

Everyone knows Trump is not a writer.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Being accused of something and being acquitted of it is bad now? If so, then what does that say about Trump and the numerous lawsuits against him? Sure, he hasn't been found guilty either. But simply having a trial is enough for you, right?

I never said that. I am saying the Clintons are marred in scandals and Clinton was impeached, all this while in public office. Trump wasn't.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I never said that. I am saying the Clintons are marred in scandals and Clinton was impeached, all this while in public office. Trump wasn't.

I get that. But I keep pointing out that simply being impeached isn't an issue. Being impeached and then being found guilty is where things get bad, because that's when actual consequences come up.

Instead, the Republican opposition controlled both Houses of Congress and used that power to impeach a President from their rival party. Then, the Senate (that was controlled by Republicans) still acquitted him of all charges. In other words, the Repubs themselves acquitted Bill of all charges during the impeachment process they initiated! So where's the scandal, except the point that Repubs couldn't even finish their own plans?

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I get that. But I keep pointing out that simply being impeached isn't an issue. Being impeached and then being found guilty is where things get bad, because that's when actual consequences come up.

Instead, the Republican opposition controlled both Houses of Congress and used that power to impeach a President from their rival party. Then, the Senate (that was controlled by Republicans) still acquitted him of all charges. In other words, the Repubs themselves acquitted Bill of all charges during the impeachment process they initiated! So where's the scandal, except the point that Repubs couldn't even finish their own plans?

Wait, you know he was impeached for "lying under oath"

Guess what, he lied under oath... 100%... on camera, in the news, caught red handed (or stained blue dress handed).

Give that man a cigar.... cough...

Guilty, not charged.... sound familiar?

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
It's so blatantly obvious that I honestly believe that once it's pull off, no one is going to be fooled, left or right. It's like we're all watching some sh!tty magic show and the rabbit's ears have been stickin out of the hat the whole time.

lol

Problem is it's not a rabbit.

The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach, but shows just how corrupt our system and MSM is.
edit on 7-8-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Get back to me when Trump has been in politics as long as the Clinton's have.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

But I'd still vote for her over Trump & the Repubs.

Why? She is a known failure and liar and Trump is a smart business man who doesn't have the professional politician filter.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The fix has been in for many years but i don't think it will be election rigging or even the biased media that will be responsible. At some point not so long ago America reached a demographic tipping point whereby enough low income citizens and also those exclusively on welfare reached such a high number that the state effectively gained control of a massive population - enough to almost guarantee ongoing power.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

No I get it, and you're right. But I think impeachment is a big deal. It doesn't change the fact that he committed perjury, had extra-marital affairs, settled out of court against a charge that he exposed himself to women, lied to the american public, only that a majority of the senate voted against conviction.

You obviously know more about his impeachment than I, but I think it does say something about Clinton and how he handles public office. The charges against him were not without foundation, and his lies are there for anyone to take a look. Hilary has also been proven to be a liar and incompetent in positions of public office.

The Clinton political career just reeks of corruption, their rhetoric is sophistical, and their business dealings the worst of crony-capitalism. I really see no reason to want this dynasty to take public office once again, and the argument that Hilary should be voted for to keep Trump out, is specious at best, but without any objective merit, only feelings.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I will. Until then, the notion that Trump will be a bad president is without evidence.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

As if Trump has more political experience than Obama or Hillary. LOL

Nice point, how has all that vast political experience gotten you or America lol. The nice point you bring up is both Obama and Hillary have done nothing in their lives BUT politics. Hillary failed the bar then once finally passed she was already on her grandiose political path, but oops got fired by her own side during Water Gate investigations. Well I guess Bill was her backup plan... lol. Obama was a "community organizer" as a career, what the hell is that BTW...lol. Lots of skill sets from both of them.

That is the problem, you all want professional politicians, as if somehow they are smarter or better than people who have actually made it in the private sector. These professional politicians don't need to actually accomplish anything successfully EVER they just need to talk good..lol. Try that in the private sector and see what that gets you..geez

Pres Obama was an elected Illinois State Senator and then an elected US Senator (like his eventual opponent Sen John McCain).

Illinois... ya the most politically corrupt state.. Obama is a charismatic and articulate black man who was backed by old George Soros and crew. Obama wasn't even done with his first term as senator and America paid that first four years while he did his OJT. McCain at least has a career in the military first, actually did something other than politician.

And Hillary's been both the Secretary of State and an elected US Senator.

Ya, what did she do as a New York Senator.. She isn't from there doesn't live there ...lol Got voted in on name recognition...ignorance of the people lol. Oh and ya... I might keep the part of her at Sec quite, she didn't do very well.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I will. Until then, the notion that Trump will be a bad president is without evidence.

Saying really stupid stuff to the wrong person as a world leader.

I can just see Trump blurting out some kind of insensitive insult to a North Korean representative.

But, who cares about North Korea - - - right?

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Have we become such a pussy-nation that we're now afraid of insulting leaders from other nations?

Maybe we can export safe spaces in case feelings get hurt overseas.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Saying really stupid stuff to the wrong person as a world leader.

I can just see Trump blurting out some kind of insensitive insult to a North Korean representative.

But, who cares about North Korea - - - right?

You could see it in your imagination, but in reality, Trump has proven his skill in making deals and leading people.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Do you consider that good? I would like smart people who have shown they have been successful in their lives do a short period of political service. Both Obama and the Clinton have done nothing in their lives but politics and that is nothing but warning flags for me. Do you really think Obama would have been more successful with the economy than Romney? Well as much as Obama has failed I guess that wasn't a fair question...

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Do you consider that good? I would like smart people who have shown they have been successful in their lives do a short period of political service. Both Obama and the Clinton have done nothing in their lives but politics and that is nothing but warning flags for me. Do you really think Obama would have been more successful with the economy than Romney? Well as much as Obama has failed I guess that wasn't a fair question...

At this level - - Yes, actually I do support career politicians.

If I needed brain surgery, I'd hire an expert - - - not the local MD.

Politics is not a business where you can hire and fire. You're stuck with who you have to negotiate with.

Am I naive that I don't believe "dirty deals" happen? Of course not.

edit on 7-8-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join