It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fix Is In

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
So what has Trump "actually" said that has upset you all so much?

Really.

His words have triggered a nation.

Yet Hillary's words fall on deaf ears.

I wish people would just admit that they are partisan and they don't care who it is, just as long as they have the appropriate letter after their name.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Really.

I wish people would just admit that they are partisan and they don't care who it is, just as long as they have the appropriate letter after their name.

So I ask again, should voters not take Trump seriously when he says things?

Is he a joke candidate?

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

So voters shouldn't listen to what Trump says? Or should they give him the benefit of the doubt because most of the time he doesn't really mean what he says? Wouldn't that make him a liar?

You should be glad that voters are going by what he says, because if they sat down and looked at his non-existent policies, Clinton would make the LBJ - Goldwater election look close by comparison.

They should listen to what he says, but they don't. Evidence of this is your immigrants remark.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Really.

So I ask again, should voters not take Trump seriously when he says things?

Is he a joke candidate?

Most don't listen to what he actually says.

What they do is listen to their favorite pundits who interpret what Trump says.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Not many Presidents have had to face a Congress that both shut down the government against them and held the nation hostage over an affair, either. Plus, Bill won't be President if/when Hillary wins, so what's the problem?

The first lady doesn't have official duties, but it would be nonsense to suspect she has no influence on the president.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Mein Kampf was just "words" also.

Trump wrote the "Art of the Deal", not Mein Kempf.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Hell, they want to silence people for saying things they don't agree with, do you honestly see this as much of a stretch?

No they don't, Just have some honor and man up when you ****up and don't whine and blame the media for reporting what you said.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

No they don't, Just have some honor and man up when you ****up and don't whine and blame the media for reporting what you said.

Stacking the deck is not honorable. Quote-mining is not honorable.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Not many Presidents have had to face a Congress that both shut down the government against them and held the nation hostage over an affair, either. Plus, Bill won't be President if/when Hillary wins, so what's the problem?

The first lady doesn't have official duties, but it would be nonsense to suspect she has no influence on the president.

Huh? What exactly are you arguing? I know that Hillary had an influence on Bill's policies. Their books have made it rather clear that she was always the brains of the operation while he was the charismatic face (even back when he was Governor of Arkansas). But you mentioned the impeachment. Bill was impeached over charges of perjury and obstruction of justice and he was acquitted of both charges. What does that have to do with Hillary's influence over Bill?

As for Bill's potential influence over Hillary if he becomes the first "First Gentleman" in US history (most likely this will be the official title): I think you're forgetting something very basic. Bill has always been more popular than Hillary lol. I think far more people would be happy to have him giving her tips and making some decisions than not.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I will answer this as honestly and sincerely as I know how.

1. He has asked the question, why do we have nukes if we aren't going to use them? and also stated he thinks several other countries should have them.

Sincerely, this one thing is enough to scare me away from him. I mean, DB, really? What monster? Has he SEEN the picts of Japan? Does he truly understand what they do? Does he not care if not even a cow or an apple tree survives? Again, what monster?

2. He has said he believes HE is the one best suited to make an individual woman's decision about her personal life and her health -- more than her, more than her family, more than her doctors. He will do so be repealing Roe vs. Wade. It's none of his business, and not his decision to make. Do you see? He sees himself better suited to make those decisions, rather than the people whose life it's affecting?

3. He has actually said he will continue to give tax breaks to the wealthy, (such as himself). I ACTUALLY disagree with that.

4. He has actually commented that he would do "a lot more than waterboarding". I don't want this for our country.

I could list other things too, but these are off the top of my head. These are sincere responses, and I don't care who you are, or what party you belong to - if you support any of things, my alarms go off, for unfit.

You asked. : )

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

So he asked about nukes, is against abortion, wants people to keep their money, and wants to torture terrorists for information.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Not even remotely accurate.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Not even remotely accurate.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I was being honest with you, and you are being simply dismissive.

You asked a question, but you didn't really want a sincere answer, then.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I was arguing that an impeached president, marred in scandal, will have influence in the White House again.

Yeah, wasn't Bill the real first black president? I forgot where I heard that before. But yeah you're right, he was popular, especially with the ladies it seems.

Edit: that's right it was Toni Morrison who called Bill the first black president.
edit on 7-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

If those are the issues that concern you, let me put your mind at ease.

Abortion is legal.
Taxes will still be levied.
Torture is against the Geneva Convention.

And there is such an elaborate protocol for deploying nukes that there really isn't any "button".

I wish abortion was illegal. I hate the barbaric practice of killing unborn people.
I hate paying taxes, but I know I have to.
I wish I could torture the bastards because maybe we could save some lives down the road.
Nukes? Only in sci-fi movies and the wet dreams of ISIS.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

If those are the issues that concern you, let me put your mind at ease.

Abortion is legal.
Taxes will still be levied.
Torture is against the Geneva Convention.

And there is such an elaborate protocol for deploying nukes that there really isn't any "button".

I wish abortion was illegal. I hate the barbaric practice of killing unborn people.
I hate paying taxes, but I know I have to.
I wish I could torture the bastards because maybe we could save some lives down the road.
Nukes? Only in sci-fi movies and the wet dreams of ISIS.

And those things are true, because why?
Because Donald Trump is not President.

Anyway, I realize now you really didn't have a discussion in mind, and you seem to be uninterested or unwilling to give much thought to it. At least not with me. soo,
Adios amigo.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: -Blackout-

My money is on the Bilderberg Group attendee to win.

You bet the fix is in.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
maybe the U.N. should send election monitors to america like they do for 3rd world country elections to make sure everything is being done honestly.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

a reply to: -Blackout-

If Hillary gets elected, then people will say that she bought the election.

If Trump is elected, then people will say that he bought the election.

People will threaten to move to (Canada, North Korea, Europe, ISIS-held territory) in protest.

The damage to our economy, our foreign policies, didn't start with Obama and won't end with Hillary or Trump.

Just my opinion.

Your gun rights and free speech will be devastated after she stacks the Supreme court. Hello hate speech laws (for anything the progressives disagree with) and weapon bans. Now that is DAMAGE!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join