It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fix Is In

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: -Blackout-

I would think Hilary has a strong lead, but only because people are easily swayed by a biased media and their own tribalisms, as has been proven, and rarely for any legitimate reason.

The only thing I've heard from NeverTrumpers is that they dislike Trump's mouth and words, and therefor a politician who has polished their political speech into doublespeak is right up their alley. The demigoguery and sophistry of Clinton is more sophisticated, appealing to identiterian tribalisms and emotions, that any lacklustre experience in rhetoric is bound to be swayed by it.

Sadly I'm relegated to foreign lands, and the Internet, and cannot understand what's happening on the ground in the US. But from the outside peering in, the fix is in.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: TonyS

Jeb Bush oversaw the election in Florida back in 2000 and we all know how that turned out.

Remember peasants, Presidents are selected not elected.

It doesn't have to be this way. Americans need to get more involved starting locally.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: lordcomac

She hides her evil deeds well enough that the average person just doesn't see them, I guess.

My guess would be the average person doesn't care about her evil deeds. They fully expect that anyone who's sufficiently ambitious and successful to want to run for POTUS has already committed evil deeds and will continue to commit evil deeds. In a sense, I'd guess the average voter thinks being able to cover up and escape the consequences of the evil deeds is what qualifies them to be POTUS.

If being an evil, slippery corrupt puppet is what it takes to run the country, than this country is completely doomed and I hope someone wastes no more time in unleashing all of the dirt on every level of government- so we can watch the whole thing come crumbling down overnight.
The sooner we tear it down, the sooner we can start rebuilding it- I suspect the wisdom of the founding fathers would shine through at that point, and the next version of government would be just a little less tolerant of this sort of behavior.
(which I understand that would, in turn, breed a more terrible political criminal in the end- but maybe if there was a standing monetary reward for exposing corruption they wouldn't get this far...)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I'm still not voting for her but I understand why a lot of Sanders supporters are. I still don't get people that were all Hillary from the get go. Sorry if that applies to any of my favorite posters lol.

Something that (we've seen this the last two elections) Far-Right Conservatives don't seem to get is that they're very unpopular. Trump may be a blessing in disguise for highlighting, with neon lights, the difference even among Conservatives, bigotry is out. Of course it probably doesn't hurt that Hillary is Right of Center in a whole lot of ways or that Trump flip flops mid sentence sometimes and behaves like a psycho. I'm pretty well convinced that he does indeed have Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I would think Hilary has a strong lead, but only because people are easily swayed by a biased media and their own tribalisms, as has been proven, and rarely for any legitimate reason.

Women are overwhelmingly for her (and I do see this on my Facebook and Twitter feeds.)

The only thing I've heard from NeverTrumpers is that they dislike Trump's mouth and words,

...and actions and behavior and financial doings. Even as a "boss" on the reality show, "Apprentice" (where film scenes were heavily edited) it was pretty clear that he was a poor strategist who believes that money will overcome anything (and it was clear that he tends to be abusive, turning on people to attack wildly with verbal Gish Gallop techniques.)

We need someone capable of strategy, not ineffective split second tactics.

And then there's the whole finances thing...

...and his treatment of women (women are accessories for him... they must be beautiful and sexy so that men envy him. Very few women like being accessories - some do, but most feminists loathe it.)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Women are overwhelmingly for her (and I do see this on my Facebook and Twitter feeds.)

See...this is what I don't get.
I don't see her as a particularly good role model for women at all.

Going back as far as her "standing by her man" when he done her wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I can't cite this because I don't remember, but on TV one day, I think it might have been Crimea and Russia he was talking about -- he said "It's about money, and that is the heart and soul of the matter".

So money is the heart and soul? I thought that was very telling. I like money as much as the next guy, but I don't think I would ever call it "the heart and soul" of ANYTHING. I don't know many people who think that way and frankly I'm glad I don't.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

"If being an evil, slippery corrupt puppet is what it takes to run the country, than this country is completely doomed"

Yes..............in a long enough time line............this country is completely and irrevocably doomed.

And the new Boss will be just like the old boss.

In other words........quit worrying about it; enjoy your time here as best you can.........Fugitaboutit!

Have a beer...........or 3.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

"Sadly I'm relegated to foreign lands, and the Internet, and cannot understand what's happening on the ground in the US. But from the outside peering in, the fix is in."

Well, if what I just experienced on a visit to the small west texas town is indicative, you're better off being relegated to foreign lands. As to what I just witnessed as to what's happening on the ground, the "rich" people in this area are purely and simply madder than hell. Its a very tense situation and one you wouldn't want to be caught up in. They're not only madder than hell, they're increasingly aggressively madder than hell to the point its hard to stay outa their way.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

"If being an evil, slippery corrupt puppet is what it takes to run the country, than this country is completely doomed"

Yes..............in a long enough time line............this country is completely and irrevocably doomed.

And the new Boss will be just like the old boss.

In other words........quit worrying about it; enjoy your time here as best you can.........Fugitaboutit!

Have a beer...........or 3.

Sometimes I think the same thing tony. I'll just live my small life in the happiest and most productive way I can, and not think about it. There is not much I can do anyway, I can only contribute small things in my daily life.

But then I think I want to preserve the wonderful things our country does have to offer, for future generations, and maybe the fight will be worth it someday. But still, there are days when I become very ambivalent about it.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Trump has no chance. He never had a chance to win this thing. He threatens to turn the apple cart over of the status quo and slay the sacred cow of DC and the elites. They aren't having this. Hillary is within that "elite" and she is their hand picked President and that is exactly what will happen. It wouldn't matter if you replaced Trump with Ted Cruz either. Hillary is winning. Its rigged completely in her favor. Just ask Bernie and his supporters. This thing is over before it started and once Trump sniffs that its going that way, he'll drop out and I wont blame him.
edit on 7-8-2016 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Trump's female executives would beg to differ. According to this article, he hires women for the highest positions in his company, and women in his company make more than the men. What’s up with Donald Trump and ‘the women’? Not what you might think.

Yes, he does like good-looking women, and often hires them for window dressing. Whether that is sexist or ineffectual makes little sense in comparison to his hiring of women for their skills and merit and not their gender.

His financial doings is indicative of a successful billionaire and businessman. This is only proof that he knows what he's doing.

Trump is a branding genius, a master deal maker, and will only hire the best for the purposes of strategy. It's true, he is learning as he is going along, basically winging it, but his only goal is the success of the country, and the branding of America, which, from the outside, looks particularly corrupt and weak.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

The time to worry about future generations is long since past for me. I did manage to get one kid out of the country to Switzerland.

Future generations will have to hop, skip and dance for themselves if they're going to survive.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: -Blackout-
Can you see that the FIX is in?

but most of the crap slung at her doesn't stick

This happens when you're above the law and untouchable.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

"Sadly I'm relegated to foreign lands, and the Internet, and cannot understand what's happening on the ground in the US. But from the outside peering in, the fix is in."

Well, if what I just experienced on a visit to the small west texas town is indicative, you're better off being relegated to foreign lands. As to what I just witnessed as to what's happening on the ground, the "rich" people in this area are purely and simply madder than hell. Its a very tense situation and one you wouldn't want to be caught up in. They're not only madder than hell, they're increasingly aggressively madder than hell to the point its hard to stay outa their way.

Strangely enough I was just in Texas and Arizona last month for business. Unfortunately I didn't get a good feel for the political buzz, though it appears many there have a dislike for Obama. I find it's best to steer clear of politics when wheeling clients. Also unfortunately, I couldn't find a MAGA hat in time.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I think the opposite. I don't think it's rigged, and I believe Trump has a good change of winning. If the election was rigged, I can assure you he would NOT be the nominee. The republicans hate him.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Women don't support her because she's a good role model, they support her because of her long standing concerns for women and children.

In my first marriage, I 'stood by my man' when he did me wrong... No one EVER has tossed it in my face, as though it were an insult. It's a good thing, too. I've heard this said about Hillary, as if it's a bad thing to be understanding of a partner's failings and give them another chance. Yes, Bill has his issues, but for some marriages, sexual fidelity isn't as important as the partnership and companionship.

I have always thought that the people had NO BUSINESS judging Bill's infidelity or their marriage. But people continue to do so.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

originally posted by: Byrd

See...this is what I don't get.

Don't forget that these are the words of the candidate Hillary's running against:

Plus the Republican Party is traditionally against women's reproductive rights, equal pay legislation, and other women's rights issues. It's not a coincidence that so many women are supporting Hillary, whether they personally like her or not.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Can you see that the FIX is in?

but most of the crap slung at her doesn't stick

This happens when you're above the law and untouchable.

It also happens when most of the things being slung are crap.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: olaru12

I agree. I think that Hillary is the worse possible Democratic candidate to place against a moderate Republican. If Bernie or Elizabeth Warren were the nominees, they'd will by an even bigger landslide (maybe Michelle Obama, too).

However, Repub's have completely rejected "compassionate conservatism" and doubled down on that by nominating the ultimate alienating candidate. I don't think Repubs could mend the fences with those other demographics even if they dumped Trump (not to mention that Trump's supporters still wouldn't want to work with us, anyway).

I hope you get her, enjoy...lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join