It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to make your own teeth whitening toothpaste. According to Colgate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
So i was reading www.colgate.com...
And I happened upon this recipe for teeth whitener (2 parts apple cider vinegar 1 part baking soda). Colgate is a maker of toothpaste so obviously they know what they are talking about. They also say to use peroxide.

I know there are many uses for Apple cider vinegar, but I've never tried brushing my teeth with it. Have any of you tried it?

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SpecialSauce

hi Special, no i haven't tried it but my friend has, her teeth are super white now.

My only concern is enamel erosion.

However the baking soda is alkaline so it should cancel out the acid from the lemon juice.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Vinegar is universal destroyer of everything, why not even plaque. But I personally hate Colgate, they are like coca cola. I use L'ANGELICA French toothpaste.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Lemons are acid when out if the body but become alkaline with consumed......but I'm not sure if that happens in the mouth or when it happens in the stomach. If you rinse after should be fine? Maybe.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Yes i know, but i was thinking the baking soda being alkaline, cancels out the lemonjuice before you use it on your teeth. I don't like putting anything near my teeth like that if at all possible.

I know if you want to make a glass of water more alkaline, put a pinch of baking soda in your water.

I'd definitely recommend rinsing your teeth after using it though, lemon/vinegar/baking soda.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This thread is super confusing to read- the OP doesn't mention lemon juice at all, and the source itself says to keep away from lemon juice...

...and then the thread goes on to talk about lemon juice

I've also not tried it- but vinegar is my go-to for cleaning things, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if it worked a treat.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I just read about (activated) carbon being a good teethwhitener besides making a good waterfilter.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Do you know what happens when you mix baking soda and vinegar? It is volatile.

I question that combination.

but go ahead put a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass then add two tablespoons of vinegar. add red food coloring and you have a lava flow for your kids volcano.

be prepared to do a little cleaning where the glass is, it will overflow the glass.

edit on 7-8-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Exactly, if Colgate suggested that they probably want to show you how bad homemade toothpaste can be for your health. And they probably do that because more and more people understand the crap used in their toothpaste.

Soda Bicarbonate is enough to whiten your teeth. No need for any type of vinegar. Just put soda on your toothbrush and brush. You can add some coconut oil and voila you have almost perfect homemade healthy toothpaste for white teeth.

Or you can go for this toothpaste: www.naturaltoothpastebrands.com... it is coconut oil toothpaste that contains some other oils combined, and it is one of the healthiest toothpaste on the market. If you check the price, it is not even so expensive. Because if you go and buy all that oils on your own and mix together, it will cost you somewhere like that toothpaste. Coconut oil if it is an extra virgin is not cheap. And if you combine other special essential oils prices goes up. So even if you make your own toothpaste, it will cost you more than you buy some ordinary toothpaste in store. But if you want the natural product in your mouth money is not the concern.

For white teeth Soda Bicarbonate is enough and don't be afraid that you will hurt your enamel, you won't, because Soda Bicarbonate hardness is lower than those of enamel. But don't overdue, since soda is alkaline and is bellow 7.5 PH that means it is not too wise to drop your mouth PH below normal levels for too long. Also, some people say you can drink soda bicarbonate, and I know some people who have cancer that started to drink soda bicarbonate. But IMO once you get cancer it is too late, you should start drinking alkaline water before. As well don't overdue it.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I've been brushing my teeth baking powder for about 12 - 18 months now and a lot of the soreness has gone out of my teeth.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I was actually fed up of trying all teeth whitening procedures like baking powder and vinegar. It would show up some results but they were not satisfactory and I had sensitivity also. Later on, I took an appointment with my family dentist in Toronto and he gave in home tooth whitening kit where he took an impression of my teeth and made some custom tooth pieces.
cityoasis.dental...
There was a slight sensitivity soon after the procedure but it subsided within few weeks and the results were amazing.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Here is how it should be:

Apple cider vinegar and baking soda

In a small bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar and baking soda to the toothpaste consistency.
Put this substance onto the teeth .
Leave for 5-10 minutes.
Rinse your mouth with warm water .
Then brush your teeth as usual.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The best toothpaste ever is a combination of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Use about 1/2 teaspoon, and enough drops of hydrogen peroxide to moisten it into a paste. Since you don't swallow it, the hydrogen peroxide you get at the drugstore is fine. But if you are going to swallow it, you need food grade hydrogen peroxide as the other kind has stabilizers in it that can harm your liver.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
www.mom4real.com...
I think the above link can help you.

top topics

join