It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vape Improvement! (pic)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It's amazing how much difference a good tank makes on a box mod e-cig! That, and some quality E-liquid.

I've got 2-3 box mods, including the Kangertech sub-box mini and the evic VTC mini. Both are 60-75 watts, but I've been struggling to get them set up properly (it's a big learning curve). The Kangertech had the Kangertech tank on it which is great, but I fried some coils on it and they were out of them so I swapped it out for a Joyetech VT atomizer (total crap). After that I was pretty much hating all my set ups. Between harsh and dry, nothing was working. Back to the books. I read up on tanks and found they make all the difference. So I went out and bought a decent Tobeco Super Tank. I also bought some Khali Vapors premium e-liquid. WOW...what a difference!

I had been at 1.2%...now I'm down to 0.3% with fantastic taste and no dry hits. I'd read about how the Joyetech VT's didn't wick very well and boy were they right! This Super Tank works awesome!

Here's a pic (on the Kangertech Kbox)...

edit on 8/6/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Nice.

I have the exact same kangertech. I like it ok.

Gonna try this.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Razmijix

It really works well! I'm running it at about 45W with a .5 ohm coil and it's really smooth. This thing has a massive honking coil in it with a lot of mass. I'm really glad to see the trend moving away from the sub-ohm coils. I kind of figured this would be a flash in the pan. I bought a couple 1.0 ohm coils for it. With those I should be able to turn the wattage down with the same quality...and better battery life.

I'm pretty pleased with this set up. More so than I have been for quite a while.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Never tried the super tank, been vaping over a year now so i've lost my shinyitus. I dont generally buy new gear now unless i need it or i really really want it (it has to be pretty epic for me to want it).

Last piece of gear i bought from my brother for $80 was a Reuleaux RX200 and his velocity rda.

I have three tanks, Subtank mini (my first), was awesome for my first upgrade. Then i nabbed the smok tfv4 from a friend for dirt cheap. Then again nabbed a Bellus for dirt cheap too, by far my favourite tank i've owned to date. Been on 3mg almost all year though aha, no plans on going down anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AzureSky

Yeah, those Smok tanks are nice!

I've got a Uwell Crown Plus coming inbound to put on my other box. That's supposed to be pretty good as well. I'm ditching the joyetech VT's. They can just ruin the whole experience!

Learned something.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
YEah the joytech vt is garbage.
I hear great things about the crown though.

I enjoy dripping more than anything, at first i got heavy into it, building coils and all that stuff. Now a days i'll run the same coils for months (just clean them up once every couple days). Tonight is actually the first night in 2 months i've built some new coils, looking forward to installing them in the morning.
edit on 7/8/16 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I'm running with a Reuleaux rx200 and a tfv4 micro I'm about to get soon an original tfv4 so I can finally use my Reuleaux to its potential. Max 40 watts on a 250watt mod seems kind of overkill right now haha I guess the tfv4 can go up to 150w so I would be a bit more happy.

Prices here in California are plummeting since the new smoking age hit. Couldn't be a better time to vape, well except that companies are going to stop making new mods and tanks because of a 2 year hiatus period from the new fcc regulations

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
I stopped vaping on June 23rd. I'd vaped for two years, smoked now and again as well- completely stopped smoking on March 25th (birthday) and kept reducing nicotine in my home-made juice.

I was down to 0% nicotine and vaped that for a few weeks, then just tipped all my juice out on referendum day.

That's after unsuccessfully trying to stop for thirty years. It really does work.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It's not a true vape if I can't vape solid herbs without any liquid base. Anyone tried to vape tobacco? I have experience only with the green herb but I've heard vaping pure tobacco without additives is awesome too. You'd say you don't get enough juice and enough smoke when it's not burning but if the temp is high enough to release harmala alkaloids and nicotine you can hold the toke much longer in the lungs. It absolutely makes sense.
Remember the harmala alkaloids is the spirit of Tobacco plant not the nicotine.

I've heard there is a strain of Indian (native American) ceremonial tobacco which is told to have thrice as much nicotine (and possibly other alkaloids) than other common commercial strains. Perique is very strong too. Too strong to be smoked pure - ideal for vaping

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Just stop this bad habbit

You can live a happy life without propylene glycol. It still has the potencial to cause a stroke. Nicotine still constricts your blood vessels. Not to mention erectile dysfunction.
With a proper smart drugs mixture you can balance the vasoconstriction and make do with modicum of tobacco.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
What a shame the hi-tech still costs a fortune. A custom made infrared LED vaporizer is on my top ten must have list right after reverse osmosis sytem and a 600$ press juicer. Along with watermelons' L-Citrulline, Damiana, Ginkgo and Tribulus I'd be able to maintain a 12 year old me's erection level for another 20 or 40 years.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Same mod here. (KBox 70) Have one in each color actually. I use the tobeco super tank mini though. Very happy with it. Running 1.8 ohm triton coils, because sub ohm coils were sucking up too much liquid and battery. I vape all day and only go through about 2 ml or less, and only have to recharge once a week.

Loving virgin vapor for my liquid needs. 100% VG and they claim no artificial ingredients high quality ingredients, and as far as I can tell it's true. Tastes "real" especially the Thai mango.
edit on 7-8-2016 by BadBoYeed because: ...

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

You should check out the cleito. It's a guzzler but the taste and vape is awesome. The coils are priced decently and the RTA recently came out. It's been my favorite tank.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

Natural aroma liquids sound good. Actually I was able to enrich such a liquid with other alkaloids into a smokable batch + there is even a "WTA - Whole Tobacco Alkaloids liquid" but I have usually failed to keep the aroma untouched. Butane extraction is the way but it's laborious.
...and the VG/PG issue remains
edit on 7/8/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: filled out

I'm starting to feel that you may not be the right sort of poeple to have this conversation with
but I like the education of the public. You should accept that your brain/state of mind is addicted to alkaloids not the aromatic disco steam effects. Sooner rather than later
edit on 7/8/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: some more content

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's been a while since I vaped this stuff...let me ask you.
Replacing the coil? The Kangertech Kbox has not a variable voltage?

Does the Super Tank have the wire inside of porous ceramic like the Vaporesso cCELL?
I was hating a presence of any plastic (seals) in a tank and also the metalic aftertaste from the wire. My low-end ecig produced fumes without any liquid and I bet it happens from time to time that not a whole wire is covered with the more expensive models.
Is the ceramic the hi-end tech?
Thanks

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If you engage any vape while dry, it will burn the cotton/silica wicks inside and give you a nasty taste and fumes. As far as i know, a dry herb vape and an e-cig are two totally different machines. Ceramic coils are relatively new, never even heard of them until now.

Most e-cig tanks use medical grade stainless steel for their components, along with either crystal or pyrex glass and silicone o-rings for sealing (heat resistant). Other insulators on the inside of tanks/rdas are made of peek, a high temp rubber/plastic that is practically impervious to melting. Coils are generally made with a stainless steel casing, silica or organic cotton as a wick, and kanthal/nichrome/stainless steel for a coil material. Most dont have a metallicy taste, but some cheaper ones might. I build my own, i always pre-fire them to vaporise any materials on the metal so i never get a nasty taste from it.

Coils need to be replaced on at least a bi-weekly basis, or whenever it tastes weird. And the kbox is variable wattage.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AzureSky

..no, I mean the e-cig head. I think it's been around for a while. Check this guy. He says it's suitable for lower wattages like 30W / 0.7 ohms which should be saving the battery life while giving a decent smoke. I'm not sure about a replacement interval but I believe as long as it's conducting electricity the ceramic won't give you any taste IF it's not reaching the wire through the pores...which it probably does. It would be cool to have the wire completely isolated
edit on 7/8/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: filled out

edit on 7/8/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: nothing to see here

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Tried the vapresso coil. Did not like it. The vape seemed "dry". There was concern at one point about it being unsafe as well.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

Thanks. The guy is actually speaking about the safety tests in the beginning. It was ok. It still could be cracking when the liquid touches a dry hot spot. It's a stone.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I've heard a lot of good things about the supertank, but I hesitate to spend over $10 on any atomizer..

I currently run my NarDA on everything (mainly noisy cricket and a vt133). I get 40-50 hits, which still completely boggles my mind. By far the most efficient atty I have, and it also gives the best flavor (though, I only have ~15 to compare).

Should be "interesting" to see how things change after Monday.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join