It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Poll for the Boards Please

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Old Poll

Dear Masters of TAN,

May we please have a new poll? Hillary -vs- Trump.

I wouldn't ask until we know who all the 'contenders' are ... But, with the MSM polls going haywire, we'd do better trusting the readership here.

Thanks for your consideration,
Snarl

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

If they do one now, they'll have to one later after the debates, and after the October surprise....

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Great idea!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It should include Gary Johnson and Jill Stein too.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: primespickle
It should include Gary Johnson and Jill Stein too.

That's what I was thinking. Might come down to that In Real Life.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

If they do one now, they'll have to one later after the debates, and after the October surprise....

Why not? I'm not sure how hard they are to set up.

They are a lot of fun to watch right here. This is about the only place I would trust to not put one over on us and rig it. LOL

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Been a long day and I'm drawing a blank on the acronym. Before I make myself look dense(r), what is TAN?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Only if it includes a "none of the above" option.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornShucker

Been a long day and I'm drawing a blank on the acronym. Before I make myself look dense(r), what is TAN?

The Above Network ... ATS' parent company.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think it would say more about the demographics of this site than be predictive of the election outcome.

That being said, it would be interesting nonetheless!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: CornShucker

The Above Network ... ATS' parent company.

Thanks!

I'd like to see at least the first debate or two include candidates besides just D & R. Here in Indiana, that's the only two choices you have in the primaries. It would be nice to see alternative candidates get the forum where they could have a chance for the voters to get to know them a bit.

I don't know if Jessie Ventura was just talking about state debates or not, but I saw a video within the last couple of weeks in which he talked about reaching 10% and griping that now they've raised it to 15%.

In The Green Book, Muammar al-Qaddafi wrote:

All political systems in the world today are a product of the struggle for power between alternative instruments of government. This struggle may be peaceful or armed, as is evidenced among classes, sects, tribes, parties or individuals. The outcome is always the victory of a particular governing structure – be it that of an individual, group, party or class – and the defeat of the people; the defeat of genuine democracy.

Political struggle that results in the victory of a candidate with, for example, 51 per cent of the votes leads to a dictatorial governing body in the guise of a false democracy, since 49 per cent of the electorate is ruled by an instrument of government they did not vote for, but which has been imposed upon them. Such is dictatorship. Besides, this political conflict may produce a governing body that represents only a minority. For when votes are distributed among several candidates, though one polls more than any other, the sum of the votes received by those who received fewer votes might well constitute an overwhelming majority. However, the candidate with fewer votes wins and his success is regarded as legitimate and democratic! In actual fact, dictatorship is established under the cover of false democracy. This is the reality of the political systems prevailing in the world today. They are dictatorial systems and it is evident that they falsify genuine democracy.

It would take some of the sting out of the "Day After" if we didn't have these crappy 49.9/50.1 elections!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Would be more interesting than MSM polls.

But wouldn't be scientific.

But might cause more hack attacks.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

In order to make this accurate and in keeping with how the incoming government wants to roll on voters rights, can you also make the poll anonymous, without the necessity for ATS identification and such that you can vote as many times as you want?

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

In order to make this accurate and in keeping with how the incoming government wants to roll on voters rights, can you also make the poll anonymous, without the necessity for ATS identification and such that you can vote as many times as you want?

Oh you bast***. AugustusMasonicus put you up to that, didn't he?

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Honestly tempted to say screw off with your 2 party pole BS.

A lot of places have Johnson and Stein on the ballot. If you won't at basic include them at a minimum...

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

.. But, with the MSM polls going haywire, we'd do better trusting the readership here.

Would you?

I could vote in the poll on ATS but will not be voting in the Presidential election.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
I could vote in the poll on ATS but will not be voting in the Presidential election.

Well ... we'll have some dead people casting votes over here. A cousin from England isn't going to skew the results by much.

If you vote for Trump though, you'll regain your right to own firearms.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

A poll would be interesting, for sure. A lot of members don't participate in the political threads, they can be a scary place, lol.

Great idea, Snarl

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The readership here is already decidedly trump. A poll would only confirm what every thread in any political forum shows and will not indicate what the general population is doing. You know that. So what are you looking for ? You guys need an award to hang on the fridge? A trophy for the mantle? Just ONE POLL that shows him ahead...It won't be a poll that indicates any kind of likely results come November. Not unless they only let ATS members vote LOL.
edit on 8172016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Are you scared you won't be able to rig yet another poll?

If I remember correctly, there was a official ATS poll back in 2012 between Obama and Romney, so I'm expecting the same thing this year

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join