It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any musicians in the house? I challenged myself.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Sorry to hear you're sick, hope you are getting better. Do you pick out parts from songs by ear? That's how I've always done it even though I learned to read music back in the early '80s. Been playing for well over 40 years and played and sang The Rover in several bands for many years. You can find the tab for it I'm sure but I could also send it to you.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Hope you get better soon! Less stress and more creativity could be the road to recovery. Not everyone is blessed to be able to do so and I'm hoping you are the exception.

Looking forward to you vids. As an aspiring guitar learner with a love for music, I can vouch that the giving and receiving of your creativity is very cathartic!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Damn man, whatever you need that I can give is yours..I'll PM you my email address.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Then your hubby must be some kind of nice wizard.

Good job!

I would endure a long, cramped and tedious bus ride anywhere to get this thing dealt with.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Sorry to hear you're having some issues and hope things improve quickly for you. Learning some tunes would be good medicine.

I used to play this song with a band back in HS. It's a fairly easy song for the most part, a phaser/flanger or chorus pedal would help you nail the tone. The VH version is something you would need to figure out by ear, but EVH follows the original very close albeit a few of his own riffs. I would start by watching some YT "lesson" vids and if you need further help, tabs would be easy to find. I just started with a new band that plays some classics I've never played, YT cuts my learning time down considerably. It will at least give you some foundation for the tune.

Stay positive and get well.

edit on 9-8-2016 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join