It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanist Opens City Council Meeting.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Just found this and was amused
It is at a Pensacola City Council meeting.

Did you hear someone say "this is not a constitutional right"...I think it is.
Oh and nice voice also a good message If you listen to the words.

He did it to show that prayer doesn’t properly belong in politics. He returned to the podium later during Thursday’s meeting, the radio station reported, and condemned the council for giving religion such a prominent role in its proceedings.

www.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 6-8-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Some of us can't watch videos.

Can you find an article to go with this.

Or break it down for us please.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
added to op.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Here we go.

www.washingtontimes.com...

He sang it all also.

That was quick.

Thanks buddy.

Edit:
To the topic at hand...

If this was a Christian or a Muslim there'd be outrage no doubt.

I don't know if they're endorsing a religion, but it borders on infringement of the 1st.

Seems childish to me.
edit on 6-8-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Noted.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

My Google Fu is strong

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Better than islam.

And far less evil.
edit on 6-8-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

He is just saying religion has no place in politics and that a moment of silence where people pray in private would be better.
At the moment anyone can apply to open the meetings with prayer yes even Muslims, Hindus, Christians, Followers of the White Monkey, Jews any.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Does the black robe come with some sort of membership kit? Do you have to send away for it?

Pentagram necklace and black robe sown by the dark lord himself.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: slowisfast

He is as we say in the UK "Taking the piss". He is attempting to show that any religious service in the meetings is absurd. Mind you I wonder If I could open a meeting with my religion? that could be fun.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Better than islam.

And far less evil.

It's nice to see a happy person nowadays. Because after all ignorance is bliss.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This what happens when you don't keep church and state separate. Devolves into a religious conflict.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

He is as we say in the UK "Taking the piss". He is attempting to show that any religious service in the meetings is absurd. Mind you I wonder If I could open a meeting with my religion? that could be fun.

What's more absurd is a state sanctioned church with a Queen at it's head. Or any state sanctioned church, for that matter.
I'm sure that guy thought he was clever. And while I don't disagree with his core point, he makes himself a fool.

Except to people like you, I guess.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Oh we will get rid of the state sanctioned religion (not that any of us bother with it many of the churches are pubs now).
The Queen? just a mascot which costs me 50p a year not including the tax they pay to our governments.

You think he is a fool why? because he made a powerful message which has been reported in many places? do you understand what he is saying? he even came up with a solution that would please all and he is a fool?.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

from the article

“I did not come to criticize him, or judge him; Christ does not give me the right to do that,” said attendee Dennis Tackett, according to WUWF public radio. “Instead, as I said to Mr. Suhor, I’ve come tonight to pray for the council. We’ve come to pray for one another, and most importantly, I came to pray for Mr. Suhor.” Mr. Suhor said, however, prayer doesn’t properly belong in politics. He returned to the podium later during Thursday’s meeting, the radio station reported, and condemned the council for giving religion such a prominent role in its proceedings.

Pretty noisy christians...nice to see god needs a "speaking in loud tongues"/Babel moment to drown out one voice - yep -
democracy at work.

Demonstrably absent was lighting striking down the Satanist - their god must work in mysterious ways

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

If this was a Christian or a Muslim there'd be outrage no doubt.

Did you even read the article - the Christian prayer was done in the past - where was the outrage?

The Pensacola city council traditionally begins its meetings with Christian prayer, but it had agreed to give Mr. Suhor the podium after President Charles Bare determined that refusing his request to make the invocation would lead to possible litigation.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Yes I think he's foolish.
His actions will only entrench people more firmly into their beliefs.
They won't hear what he has to say, they'll only see a caricature.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Followers of the White Monkey

We FOTWM's resent that - we would never stoop that low and preside over a council meeting

At the moment anyone can apply to open the meetings with prayer yes even

And whats wrong with that?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Well some will some won't If we all had the same opinion it sure would be boring.
I think his solution is a good one everyone has a few moments in silence praying to whatever they want.
Then we will not see guys with pasta dishes on their heads opening the meeting because it will happen.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Church and state are over rated - anarchy and agnosticism is the way

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

The tone of how I meant even doesn't come across in type. lol. taking the mickey a bit.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join