It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Importing Clinton support to Kentucky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The Fancy Farm Picnic is the premier political event in the Commonwealth. This year the Democrats had to hire someone from 500 miles away to speak on behalf of their candidate for president. The event can be seen here:www.ket.org...

While the emphasis is on flipping our state house to the Republican side, the real news is the almost complete absence of Democrats on the agenda. The state Democrat party is broke after their disastrous, failed attempts to defeat Republicans challengers in the last two election cycles. They didn't even have the money to load up the buses in Lexington and Louisville. Even the Attorney General, son of the former governor and Chief Filer of Lawsuits against the Governor, refused to attend. The losing side had "scheduling conflicts." LOL

You can watch this party live at the above link. The imported Democrat is coming up.

Fancy Farm is a delightful place to visit. The food is great. The people are friendly.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure Kentucky is the most anti-democrat state in the union.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Poor Ms. Hagan should have done just a little bit of research before she took this gig. Poor thing.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
Take a look at the two sides. Which side is completely white?
Which side includes diversity in its office holders?
Even as an independent I can appreciate that diversity.
I found it interesting indeed to see that the folks at Fancy Farm actually shut up and listened to the Libertarian candidate.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Not even a swing state. Lol

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Isn't Kentucky a "Commonwealth"?

Don't know if that means anything. . . . .

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Even die-hard Al Cross can't defend the Dems in the aftermath of this debacle. Even he admits that it is the end of the party.
Poor things, they can't even bring themselves to champion their candidate.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Yep, we're a Commonwealth.
Poor Jim Gray....no support from the broke party.
Instead of buses coming in, they had a couple of minivans from Lexington.

ETA: Commonwealth, contrary to what the Dems in the state believe, doesn't mean that the office holders can collect the wealth from the common people and spread it to the politicians. Seems that the no-show Attorney General just wants to spend money suing the governor because the governor decided to use his executive power, you know, his pen. To attempt to abolish a bit of the crony, corrupt politics, he abolished a couple of failed boards (Kentucky Retirement Systems and University of Louisville Board) and appoint people who aren't looking to make money for their cronies via back door contracts.

edit on 6-8-2016 by diggindirt because: addition

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

What?

What's race got to do with this?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The Democrats have long claimed to be the champion of minorities while claiming the Republicans were a bunch of racists. The proof is in the pudding my friend, the Republicans elect minorities to statewide office. In case you missed it, our Lt. Governor is a black lady who served her country in Saudi Arabia during Desert Storm. Unlike the Democrats holding what few offices they still hold in the state, she wasn't born with a silver spoon in her mouth. She knows the value of hard work. The people of Kentucky rewarded her for holding to those principles and now she's a heartbeat away from being Governor.
I'm certainly no Republican, nor Democrat but I can appreciate and support those who actually walk the walk instead of just babbling on and on...The podium at the picnic today speaks volumes.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Some would say they would like to see one particular candidate in this race swing. You can't make war on coal in Kentucky and expect people to vote for you. You can't promise to raise taxes on the middle class and expect to win in Kentucky. Even the unions have deserted the party. That's one of the major reasons the party is broke. They spent all their slush funds last year trying to get an Obama sympathizer elected governor. Now the son of the former governor is using taxpayer dollars to sue the duly elected governor at the rate of about one suit every week. It would be really comical if we weren't paying the toll for the road he's traveling.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well I was not sure what the Op was taking about so I had to do some reading. It seems the Kansas GOP just had some primaries where the conservatives were voted out and moderates in. It seems everybody hates the Governor there. The moderate Republicans and Democrats are moving to take over the states agenda. Who knew Kansas even had Democrats and moderate Republicans. It seems the victory of the moderates a few days ago have the DNC national party looking at putting money into Kansas something they never do. The DNC is already making moves on Georgia, Arizona and Utah where Trump is weak I do not know if they should waste their time a place like Kansas. That would be like putting money into Alabama or Mississippi.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Kentucky is a pretty white state though. 90.1 percent as a matter of fact.

It's expected that most would be white attending the event.

I get what you're saying, and I don't disagree. I just don't think it's necessarily relevant in this case.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Apparently you don't "get" what I'm saying. I'm not talking about the people attending the event as observers. I'm talking about who we vote for our leadership. Those people sitting on the podium are candidates or office occupants. There are only whitebreads on the Democrat side of the podium. Not a minority to be seen. The smart, honest minorities have gone over to the Republican party because they know they have a chance at getting elected and being able to serve their fellow citizens.
The Democrats were too busy attempting to build political family dynasties. The voters of the Commonwealth finally got enough and voted them out. They're the ones crying in their kool-aid and filing lawsuits at taxpayers' expense.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Imported speaker notwithstanding I would say that the people on stage, if they are from Kentucky, are also representative of their constituents.

I do GET what you're saying. I know dems play the race game and manipulate race issues to their favor. That isn't lost on me. What is lost on me is how it applies to a state that is over 90% white.
edit on 6 8 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Kansas isn't Kentucky.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Perhaps you should do some more reading. Kentucky is a goodly distance from Kansas.
Just so you know.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I am at home this weekend! Standing in my mom's backyard in Kentucky as we speak. I can vouch for the fact, that Democrats are not very welcome here.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64 Well,don`t send them down to East Tn,they aren`t welcome here either...come to think of it ,Cumberland gap is only 36 miles away so maybe that might mean something about culture.Maybe why I feel right at home in Kentucky.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
When you look at their legacy in the Commonwealth, can you blame us? They've managed to make us #1 in something other than basketball fans---the biggest pension deficit in the states. They took care of the "pill mills" and now we have the highest rate of heroin overdoses in the states as well. Now Lit'l Andy Beshear is trying to set some sort of record for the most lawsuits filed by an Attorney General against a Governor. I honestly hope he enjoys his tenure as AG because he'll have to depend on Daddy Steve for his next job.

It seems that we've been spinning our wheels for over a century now. Not much has changed since Goebel took on the railroads and became the only US governor to be assassinated. His gravestone has this inscription: "The question is: Are the corporations the masters or servants of the people?" blogs.loc.gov...

You would think that in 116 years we could have figured it out, eh?

new topics

top topics

join