It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts locking my doors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Something keeps locking me out of my own house. Twice in the last two weeks. Just bought the house two months ago. Love it. No problems. But when I'm here by myself, if I go out to smoke, doors locked when I go back in. We're talking old doors that you have to push to lock. I'm not mentally distressed, it's not me. I have vocally challenged spirits. I am not afraid but hate getting locked out. Get a real ghosts

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

Either your ghosties have a sense of humor or they're sending a not so subtle warning. Perhaps you guys can sit down to talk it out and see if you can come some kind of understanding.

Or, you may just want to keep a key on hand at all times in the event negotiations break down.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I think it's certainly possible. Have you had anything else happen?

This happened a couple of times when I lived in a haunted house. I would stand out on the deck to have a smoke - right next to the kitchen door. The door had a large glass window on the top half, and I could see from the deck all the way through the house. So I'd be standing there smoking and the doorknob would jiggle.

I had a lot of other activity too, though.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Did you ever stop to think that when you open the outside door it cause's a powerful draught through the house and that's what is closing the doors?

Think about it, Why would the ghosts only "lock" the doors when you happen to have the outside door open to go for a smoke...

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Run a test.

1) Buy a 'No Smoking' paper sticker and leave it on a table.
2) Put a boot in the door leaving it ajar.
3) Have your smoke and listen for the slam of the door.
4) Then take note of where the spirit stuck the 'No Smoking' sticker.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Tell 'em to start scaring up some rent money or hit the bricks! Why do ghosts get free room and board while we bust our buttocks.

edit on 6-8-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry so much about getting locked out of the house by ghosts.

Getting locked in is entirely worth another thread though.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
did you ever think that maybe the house is sitting on top of an event horizon for a time vortex that is shifting you between alternate realities when you use that particular door?

Perhaps leaving a key outside (under ashtray maybe?) will help solve this. I f key does not exist when you attempt to go back inside, then it must be a time shift, unless of course a ghost stole/moved the key too.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Find a place to hide a spare outside, or start taking keys with you outside. I used to have a bad habit of locking the door behind me! I would do it without even thinking about it.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
did you ever think that maybe the house is sitting on top of an event horizon for a time vortex that is shifting you between alternate realities when you use that particular door?

Perhaps leaving a key outside (under ashtray maybe?) will help solve this. I f key does not exist when you attempt to go back inside, then it must be a time shift, unless of course a ghost stole/moved the key too.

You've had one of those too?

It's bad enough locking yourself out of your flat. Even worse when you end up time shifted as well.

Perhaps your door is on a slight angle so that it will close beyond a slight angle?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

If it's an old door knob, try buying a new one. That one might have a defect due to its age.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Those ghosts dont like you to smoke, ghost's health matters!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Two things...I would post a picture of the locks so that we know what you're talking about, and like someone else said, I'd invest in a new door knob or deadbolt to replace what is being locked and see if that fixes it. It's absolutely possible that even old locks malfunction.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It's great that everyone just makes jokes and says post a picture like I'm some dumb# that doesn't understand how knobs work. I'm just glad my shoulder is stronger than my door frame

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Did you see my post above?

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

You have a cell? Video tape it...

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Trying to record it is a good idea. But I can tell you that - at least in my case - you never know when it's going to happen. It doesn't happen every time. I would have had to record video every time I stepped out onto my deck. Hard habit to get into.

In my case, things usually moved or fell over when I wasn't watching. It usually happened when my back was turned. I did see a salt shaker get launched across the kitchen, but that was one of the very few times I actually *saw* something happen.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
Something keeps locking me out of my own house. Twice in the last two weeks. Just bought the house two months ago. Love it. No problems. But when I'm here by myself, if I go out to smoke, doors locked when I go back in. We're talking old doors that you have to push to lock. I'm not mentally distressed, it's not me. I have vocally challenged spirits. I am not afraid but hate getting locked out. Get a real ghosts

I would caution you in challenging any spirit. This can back fire. Normally ghosts are harmless UNTIL you make them angry and then things COULD change to a poltergeist and if that happens your hands will be full.

Sounds like a ghost and sounds like "it" either does not like you and/or your way of life or that you are a smoker.

Live in harmony with it and it will leave you alone. Its your choice.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Sounds like a ghost and sounds like "it" either does not like you and/or your way of life or that you are a smoker.

It seemed like mine, more than anything else, just wanted to be acknowledged.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join