It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resist Not Evil

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: irgust

Didn't Crist tell Peter to carry a sword and that's how he cut the ear off the palace guard?

It appears you've yet to read the account. Christ actually said "Put up again
thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with
the sword" He then proceeded to heal the person's ear whom Peter's rash
behavior had damaged.

The very foundation of Christ teachings is based upon THOU SHALT LOVE
THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF. The deterioration, disintegration, and the
destruction of the foundation of the Christian faith is accelerated in
direct proportion to the extent that people misrepresent and distort this Truth.

Christ truth is THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THOUSELF. Therefore any
law, idea or practice that intentionally, unwittingly, unwillingly dupes others
to contradict, and trample upon Christ Sermon on the Mount teaching that
his followers are to RESIST NO EVIL, is not of God, but is the spirit of anti-christ.

edit on 8/6/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

Damn you really want to get your point across, huh?

Ok, what about all the innocent Muslims killed in the Mid East? Do they not matter?

Christians need to stop the whole "I hate Islam" movement. the Middle east IS AT WAR because of the interference of "Christian" nations and Israel. Fact.

I know it hurts to hear but you are just absorbing hatred from propaganda designed to divide. Islam has no intentions of destroying Christianity or killing Christians who they have always known and lived near.

When you learn the difference between an intelligence network backed would be sovereign state at war and the religion of Islam you will be less confused and stop blaming the Middle East Muslims for the deaths of Christians.

A fraction of a minority of Muslims are in IS, a Militant group not a religion. IS is NOT Islam and Islam is NOT IS.

Cue vile spew of a reply about how evil Islam is:

(post by Muffenstuff removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muffenstuff
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I don't have to deduce anything
Jesus didn't violate the law, he did nothing against the law.
Jesus knew the law was made to protect mankind, not condemn it

I have no doubt as a gnostic you know everything, that secret wisdom makes you better than me.
I also kmow Jesus didn't contravene any laws

Maybe it's not my interpretation, I am not privy to your secret knowledge or you can't explain yourself very well

Research, research, oh wait, you know better
edit on Sun Aug 7 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

(post by Muffenstuff removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

edit on 7-8-2016 by Muffenstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq
If a Christian witnesses a robber jump through his house window
and tried to kidnap his daughter, how would you expect him to respond?

His response should match the teachings of Christ which commanded;

No his response should and would be one of protection and responsibility. (please don't forget the teaching of Christ in Matt 5 you quote is a preparation for the Kingdom teaching for ISRAEL. It is applicable to them while living in the millennial kingdom).

Matt 10 is a Great Tribulation teaching for ISRAEL as they are in dispersion at that time in the future.

Romans 12 you attached out of Context for Israel but is for all who believe this time of Grace. But the verse in Romans 12 you should have quoted was this one (I question while you left it out)

Romans 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
Now let's take your scenario and see how it works with this.

One, a Robber jumps through your window. Do you think that you are able to live peaceable with one who just violently entered your house?

No, I thro not.

2, Tried to kidnap your daughter. Do you think you are able to live peaceably with one who is attempting to kidnap your child?

No, I thro not.

3, How should a Christian respond?

A father is to act as one who cares for his family and provides for their safety as well. For if one cares not for their own they are worse than an infidel.

1Ti 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
I am sorry in no way would I just turn my cheek and wait for the modern Roman Guard (the Police) to come, No, I will violently fight for my home and child before any thief can take away. Anyone who turns a cheek to this so called scenario is a infidel.

For millennium men have confounded the teachings to ISRAEL in preparation for their promised kingdom rule over the Gentiles forever and the Church (the body of Christ), made of both Jew and Gentile today. In so doing they have created a monstrosity that is the mixed up so called Christian Teachings of today. This is how people can so blatantly see the Gospel of the Kingdom and the Gospel of the grace of God as being IDENTICAL even when they are not. Just like ISRAEL and the CHURCH are not identical.

You are following in the oldest lie in history, the blending of ISRAEL and the CHURCH as being the same. This is why your teaching is all messed up.

Lastly, there is a big difference to a thief trying to steal and kidnap your child than a Government sponsored persecution of ones faith. One is trying to take your goods and children. The other is trying to get you to deny God, the Lord who bought you with his own blood.

These two things you are trying to bind together are not the same. Therefore your whole OP is illogical.

edit on 7-8-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Hmm. Strange things occurring here.

You call me a Gnostic, I reply I am not and although I said nothing rude my messages get deleted as though I had.

So let me put this politely. I never claimed secret wisdom just a love of scripture which happens to include those called Gnostic.

I also remarked that it is typical of Christian to, in frustration, call someone a Gnostic or a heretic. Or was I should say as you are the only person who has ever called me a Gnostic with secret wisdom .

Oddly the Gnostics themselves never made such claims but you would have to actually read their scriptures to figure this out and something tells me that isn't going to happen.

I must point out thay you call yourself a Christian but are the most chronically rude person on these boards whenever someone doesn't agree with what you have been told.

You have no tolerance for other religions whatsoever. You slander other religions without any consideration to the rights of existence afforded them by God himself.

Why do you hate anything that isn't your opinion and respond with what you think are and many times are insults? Apparently you have little respect for anyone who doesn't agree with you or submit to Christianity .

And you always play like you are persecuted when you do more persecuting than literally anyone on ATS.

Forgive me if I find it impossible to take you seriously, but I have more than valid reasons for concluding that you shouldn't be.

You can be a Christian AND not insult every religion that is not Christianity. It IS possible.

I believe in you! You can let go of your contempt/jealousy by just NOT insulting everyone all day all when they don't agree with you.

I just don't like religion because it is an instrument of control. My prerogative and if I want to read about it without taking it literally I think I have a better chance of being a good person than the trolls Christianity produces.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: irgust

My Preserved word of God in English says that the one who Peter cut off his ear, was the servant of the high Priest not a palace guard?

Remember it was the Jews who took Jesus and bound him and later took him to Pilot. Jesus told Pilot that the ones who had delivered him had the greater sin in John 19:11.
edit on 7-8-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Your "preserved" word of God spells Pilate; Pilot?

Seriously though, the most accurate (I will take accurate over "preserved" any day) are the modern Catholic Bibles that use the DSS, Septuagint, Vulgate and Masoretic while going with the oldest available (DSS) texts in existence whenever possible.

The KJ did not have that opportunity and it shows in several key passages that have since been corrected based off the TRULY preserved (for 2000 years) DSS differing from the Masoretic and agreeing with the Greek texts.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Muffenstuff

Christians need to stop the whole "I hate Islam" movement. the Middle east IS AT WAR because of the interference of "Christian" nations and Israel. Fact.

Sir I believe you have a comprehension problem. My statements are the exact opposite
to what you THINK I'm trying to convey. I made it plain that Christ Disciples are not
about WAR or killing their enemies. I could care less what the majority of
so-called Christians are doing. If they war with their enemies they are not of God.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

No his response should and would be one of protection and responsibility.
(please don't forget the teaching of Christ in Matt 5 you quote is a preparation
for the Kingdom teaching for ISRAEL. It is applicable to them while living in the
millennial kingdom).

What you propose is a false doctrine. The Gospel of Christ is not divided between
the Church and the Jews. There is only one Israel of God, and that is the Body of Christ,
the Church. That's a false doctrine started by Cyrus I. Scofield who wrote a study
Bible purporting that the Gospel of Christ was divided, and that Christ will
reign in Jerusalem for a 1000 years based upon heretical teachings of
dispensationalism. That's pure balderdash, along with the false
premillennialism rapture doctrine.

THERE ARE NO PURE BLOOD JEWS STILL ALIVE, SO THE NOTION GOD
IS SAVING SOME JEWS OUTSIDE THE CALL OF GOD TO REPENT AND BE BORN
AGAIN AND APART OF THE BODY OF CHRIST IS COMPLETE NONSENSE.

You should also take time to research Mr Scofield, for he was no Christian. He
abandoned his wife and children and was arrested for fraud and spent time in
prison. You have no idea his teachings were first disseminated by agents of
Judaism to pervert the truths of God.

You're simply regurgitating heresy. I pray God leads you to the truth.

edit on 8/8/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Sir I believe you have a comprehension problem. My statements are the exact opposite
to what you THINK I'm trying to convey. I made it plain that Christ Disciples are not
so-called Christians are doing. If they war with their enemies they are not of God.

I actually don't see me accusing YOU specifically in that quote but if I did and was wrong then I made a mistake.

But Christians do need to stop hating every religion not Christianity especially Islam. Obviously not every Christian is guilty of this but a whole lot of slandering of Islam does emerge from Christianity.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Christians need to stop the whole "I hate Islam" movement.

Believe it all you want, I don't have a compression problem at all.

the Middle east IS AT WAR because of the interference of "Christian" nations and Israel. Fact.

Ok I think the compression problem is not mine. You actually misunderstood what I was trying to convey, whether or not compression is an issue with either of us what I said I stand by as it was true.

Am I wrong that you complained about Islam killing Christians? It's a possibility, I only briefly skimmed your comment.

I will go back and check.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Matt 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you,
do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you,
and persecute you.

I've stated this before but it bears repeating. ONLY those who have the Spirit
of Christ have the willingness and ability to obey Christ teachings as quoted above.

It's impossible for the natural man to obey this teaching, since he does NOT
have the Spirit of Christ. You don't need a degree in Theology to understand
who's not of Christ, just look at their FRUIT.

Those who justify SIN, REBELLION and DISOBEDIENCE to Christ commandments
simply aren't His sheep. Christ made it very plain that you shall KNOW
THEM BY THEIR FRUITS. and those who seek to KILL their fellowman under the
notion they are DEFENDING some man-made Government treaty, law or principle
are expressing the FRUIT of their father Satan, who also is a destroyer.

What did Christ say to those who sought to KILL him?

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye
will do. He was a MURDERER from the beginning, and abode not in the truth,
because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his
own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

This is one of the most diabolical doctrines that pervades Christendom.
A doctrine antithetical that totally contradicts Christ teaching. A doctrine
that makes Disciples of Christ who are supposed to be gentle into nothing
more than raving beast.

The so-called Christians that follow this practice are just to blind to the fact
that their acceptance of this philosophy that contradicts Christ teaching, has
influenced them to repeat the same behavior of the Hebrews and Romans that
killed Christ.

HOW MANY CHRISTIANS HAVE BEEN KILLED IN THE MIDDLE EAST BECAUSE OF THIS?

Yes, this comment at the end about the Middle East and Christians being killed there is why I said what I did.

Whether you talk about our soldiers or Arab Christians I stand by my comment.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

But Christians do need to stop hating every religion not Christianity especially Islam. Obviously not every Christian is guilty of this but a whole lot of slandering of Islam does emerge from Christianity.

Are they hating on every religion, or is it just that their faith denies every
other religion as false and of the Devil? Disciples of Christ don't hate anyone,
but if they're faithful to following Christ they will expose and reprove
heresy and falsehoods.

Following Islam is following Satan and his lies, that's not 'hating' on their
religion, that's just speaking the truth according to the teachings of
scripture. I think they should be just as tolerant as the apostle Peter was,
so let us read what he said about this topic;

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other
name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

According to that scripture, people can follow any name they choose,
Muhammad, or Buddha or even little green men, but if it's not the name
of the son of God, Yahusha, they'll never be saved.

I love everyone, but I still denounce, deject and defy any name but
the Son of God - Yahushua

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

Someone who responds to defend, or take revenge against their enemy does not have the Spirit of Christ.

1Ti_5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Your understanding is very misleading. Jesus has always taught to resist evil and His doctrine is that only those who overcome evil will enter His kingdom. Your verses that you chose refer to vengeance and not necessarily resisting all evil.
If Satan enters your life then you are not to resist Satan? Nonsense. Do you believe the Father would expect from you that which He would not do? Nonsense.

Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Has the Father done away with Hell from those who have already been judged and are in hell? Nonsense.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

1Ti_5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his
own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Providing for ones house does not mean you KILL people
in trying to defend a family member. That's complete foolishness.

Your understanding rejects the teaching of Christ that you are
NOT TO RESIST EVIL. But in your rage against Christ and his
teaching you trample the Word of God under your feet and seek
revenge against your enemy that you might take his life.

Simply read the Foxes Book of Martyr and tell me why none
of those people tried to defend their family members?

I doubt you'll take time to read the book, since it contradicts
your understanding of how the true Disciples of Christ behave
under persecution.

There's a reason you twist the scripture and advocate death
to your enemy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join