It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Resist Not Evil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If a Christian witnesses a robber jump through his house window
and tried to kidnap his daughter, how would you expect him to respond?

His response should match the teachings of Christ which commanded;

Matt 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Rom 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Matt 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

There may be some who disagree, or think it's naturally impossible
to follow Christ RESIST NOT EVIL commandment. For the natural man
this is impossible, but for those who walk in the Spirit all things are possible with God.

To those who may disbelief this doctrine there's a book called FOXES BOOK
OF MARTYRS that gives hundreds of detailed accounts of true stories in
how Christ disciples behaved themselves, and responded in the face of evil.

Many of these people were dragged out of their houses.
When husbands witnessed persecutors grabbing their wives and
children, they did NOT try to DEFEND their wife or children.

FOXES BOOK OF MARTYRS --> www.ccel.org...

How come they didn't fight back or try to defend themselves?

These people were genuine Christians and displayed their faith
in obedience to Christ commandments "RESIST NOT EVIL"
Some of these Christians would actually sing as they were
being burned at the stake.

Their ability to TURN THE OTHER CHEEK while themselves
and their families were being pummeled is genuine evidence
they had the Spirit of Christ.

The notion that one is supposed to fight or defend themselves against evil
is not a Christian doctrine. It's a false doctrine that influences people it's
OK with God to defend against your enemy, or even to kill ones enemy.

Imagine a Christian sent by his Government to fight in a war.
As he's firing his rifle at the enemy, how would he know he's
not shooting dead another brother in Christ?

See how devilish that is?

Christians would only be a conscientious objector, and if Military service
required them to take an oath, they'd flee from possible persecution, since Christ disciples
are commanded to never take an oath.

Someone who responds to defend, or take revenge against their
enemy does not have the Spirit of Christ.
edit on 8.10.2016 by Kandinsky because: Dialled back the shouting in the title (No Caps Lock titles!!)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

RESIST NOT EVIL

Well Christianity is the old Roman Empire resurrected. The Romans did not take to dissent very well. Obviously their State religion (christianity) will produce compliant sheep.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

i think its a little much to ask us all to be martyrs just because "it looks good". those who stand by and watch harm come to others are just as complicit as if they had done the harm themselves. its called being kraven. some would call it sloth, even.
edit on 6-8-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Matt 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

I don't believe for one moment that Jesus, if he existed, taught his followers to run from "evil". While there should be no reason to dwell in a place where you're not wanted, and forcing your presence on those who hate you, sometimes, there is no way out. Ideally, we all should be able to "move over", in this great big world, and live and let live, but unfortunately, that isn't always possible.

However, there is another way of looking at the philosophy of "resist not", without getting slapped in the face, or sitting idly by while your wife and daughter are being raped.

Someone who responds to defend, or take revenge against their enemy does not have the Spirit of Christ.

A dangerous lie!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I think if possible it would be okay to defend ones own daughter from someone intending harm.

You scenario is limited to the extreme. Another meaning might be not to overreact to displayed anger or manipulation. If someone is yelling at you and you start getting angry and yell back that is resisting evil. The 'evil' anger is now transferred to you, goes inside of you.

Not resisting evil becomes the best way to resist evil. Remain calm but alert, refuse to give into hate and anger, just observe without being pulled from your center. At the end the Trooper goes, "Bye"...

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Worst video to show for this example, this cop does a slew of things wrong and is used in most training departments on how NOT to conduct a traffic stop. Not to mention that he only turned on his patrol camera after the driver started to get angry. This cop could have gotten himself killed several times during this stop.

----------------------------------

As for the actual topic of discussion here . . .
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

This cop could have gotten himself killed several times during this stop.

Thats subjective. The fact is he didn't 'get killed'. In actual fact he defused the guys anger by not over reacting to it. You see he is alert, ready to react, but not joining in, not succumbing to the temptation to do something angry back.

Anger is a tool used by control freaks to get you to over react and do something that they can then sue you for in court. Trooper was a real trooper, couldn't be 'bothered'. Just observed.

Nowadays of course its different, this guy would be Tased, beaten and lucky to not wind up in the hospital because todays cops are also emotionally a hairs breath away from pouncing at the slightest provocation, driven by pride and the 'rule of law'. The driver didn't actually do anything illegal 'according to the law'. Just a whiner.

Both the trooper and the idiot went home no worse for wear. "Bye".

Mostly it was an example I used to show how to remain calm in the eye of the emotional storm. Hw not to 'fight' against evil.
edit on 6-8-2016 by intrptr because: spelling, additional

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq
If a Christian witnesses a robber jump through his house window
and tried to kidnap his daughter, how would you expect him to respond?

Are they being kidnapped by clergy? That happens.

2 billion of them existing makes this a question that requires expectations that will apply to one Christian or many but never all.

Why him and not her? Women are heroes too and the maternal instincts of a woman give her a greater instinctive response to a child in danger.

His response should match the teachings of Christ which commanded;

This is not cheek smiting you are talking about but kidnapping. I think even Yeshua would agree with helping people in danger. You don't need a book to tell you right from wrong we have a conscience for that.

FYI that was obviously written to induce submissiveness in the convert to Roman authority just like your next quote.

Rom 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Ah an alleged Pauline letter telling people how to behave in Rome. Paul was a Herodian spy and agent of the downfall of Jerusalem.

I ask, what does Paul, other than a made up story about meeting the dead Christ and being the first anti-Jesus' teacher in Jesus name as predicted by Yeshua himself, have to ADD to the Wisdom Christ taught?

He refutes the teachings of Christ and James, causes riots from town to town in holy sanctuaries of Jews and was a murderer and jailor of the Nazarenes.

Infiltrate, learn the secrets and hand them over to the Romans. That was Paul's job. "Become all things (lie, lie, lie) to all men (being a phony to gain converts is nothing to Paul because he will be rewarded by Rome).

Matt 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

There may be some who disagree, or think it's naturally impossible
to follow Christ RESIST NOT EVIL

If you don't resist evil you condone it, by silence. Evil MUST be resisted and Christ taught HOW to avoid being in the situation required to choose resistance or submission.

commandment. For the natural man
this is impossible, but for those who walk in the Spirit all things are possible with God.

Is it possible to save the kidnapping victim without "resisting evil"?

Yes. By not classifying it as "resisting" evil. You are just being a situational savior, a temporary Christ and having the fire of the Spirit residing in me I would ask my Advocate to assist me in helping this person in danger. It has nothing to do with resistance just good old fashioned doing what Christ would do.

To those who may disbelief this doctrine there's a book called FOXES BOOK
OF MARTYRS that gives hundreds of detailed accounts of true stories in
how Christ disciples behaved themselves, and responded in the face of evil.

Many of these people were dragged out of their houses.
When husbands witnessed persecutors grabbing their wives and
children, they did NOT try to DEFEND their wife or children.

FOXES BOOK OF MARTYRS --> www.ccel.org...

How come they didn't fight back or try to defend themselves?

Catholicism taught them not to "resist evil", they listened and their families died.

That is NOT noble or even Stoic, just stupid. A man is supposed to protect his family in these instances or if you have a brave wife she can too. Christianity has duped billions of souls into believing martyrdom is honorable.

I wonder why? Submissive people make better sheep(le)?

These people were genuine Christians and displayed their faith
in obedience to Christ commandments "RESIST NOT EVIL"
Some of these Christians would actually sing as they were
being burned at the stake.

Um...you do realize it was Christianity that burned people at the stake more than any right? It was the standard punishment for "heresy" if I recall and Christianity devised a lot more methods of torture during the Inquisition.

A lot of ignoring history is going on here, the Papal favorite Templars were too powerful so the order dissolved its members rounded up and tortured into confessing whatever was needed to pass a death sentence.

By Christians...to Christians.

Their ability to TURN THE OTHER CHEEK while themselves
and their families were being pummeled is genuine evidence
they had the Spirit of Christ.

The notion that one is supposed to fight or defend themselves against evil
is not a Christian doctrine. It's a false doctrine that influences people it's
OK with God to defend against your enemy, or even to kill ones enemy.

Imagine a Christian sent by his Government to fight in a war.
As he's firing his rifle at the enemy, how would he know he's
not shooting dead another brother in Christ?

See how devilish that is?

Christians would only be a conscientious objector, and if Military service
required them to take an oath, they'd flee from possible persecution, since Christ disciples
are commanded to never take an oath.

Many Christians are our soldiers in America, a nation of a variety of religions but mostly Christian with a mostly Christian army.

Someone who responds to defend, or take revenge against their
enemy does not have the Spirit of Christ.

Someone who says " Someone who... doesn't have the Spirit of Christ..." doesn't realize it is not up to you to judge who has the Spirit and who doesn't.

Yet proclaims the ability to detect the presence of the Spirit based on mere speculation and hypotheticals.

edit on 6-8-2016 by Muffenstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

You're right but you left off why:

Because you're not supposed to judge (carry out a judgement / punish). If you do, then you too will be punished.

Matthew 7:
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Matthew 26:
52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Every Christian should know this lesson - it is a major tenet of Christianity.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
So true Christians are cowards who will not defend their family or others?
Nope they are not.
Nor should be it is a right to defend yourself against harm god or no god.
edit on 6-8-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I would like to bring attention to the willingness of Yeshua to violate Sabbath law (a death penalty offense) to heal the sick.

I believe this is resisting evil by saying that the way the law is interpreted is insufficient in that it's OK to assassinate Sabbath breakers ON the Sabbath but not heal the sick.

Woe to you! Hypocrites.

Although I do feel Yeshua should have washed his hands in the Pharisees home and that he was quite rude in rebuking basic respect and hygiene.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

i think its a little much to ask us all to be martyrs just because "it looks good". those who stand by and watch harm come to others are just as complicit as if they had done the harm themselves. its called being kraven. some would call it sloth, even.

It's funny, no one Is asking you to be a martyr, the bible is written to Christians, if you don't identify, whats your issue
It would seem those who stand by and watch harm to others are by your and my standards different, but that's their choice.
Complain more about the Christian martyr than the murderer
Life is strange
edit on 6-8-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I don't believe for one moment that Jesus, if he existed, taught his followers to run from "evil". While there should be no reason to dwell in a place where you're not wanted, and forcing your presence on those who hate you, sometimes, there is no way out. Ideally, we all should be able to "move over", in this great big world, and live and let live, but unfortunately, that isn't always possible.

However, there is another way of looking at the philosophy of "resist not", without getting slapped in the face, or sitting idly by while your wife and daughter are being raped

A dangerous lie!

Let me paraphrase

"I don't believe in God, so I will stand here and preach at Christians not to.

You shouldn't run from evil but if you know it's coming, don't stay there (yeah, did you think about that comment before writing it)

Now all you Christians go do tai chi"

It's absurd, no thought went into that post at all

If a Christian wants to believe that they shouldn't fight, God Bless them, if they do fight, God bless them as well.
Adults, they can choose based on their own conscience, not yours

Everybody with family's should run from evil, if they are going to resist, let the men do it.
Get the women and children out of harms way, it's only common sense

Better a family together, men helping to provide for his family than dead in a field, that's common sense

Unless of course those men do tai chi and learn how to stop a sword, bullet, tai chi a tank onto the ground

It's amazing the wisdom shown by fellow posters around here

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

He could have got killed several times in the video,,what, he could have been eaten by a white pointer in that video, hit by a truck in the video, struck by a comet, lightning, falling space junk, mugged by Brazilian transgender thugs

He wasn't, he also didn't shoot a black person or bash some crazy whit ranting man

It looked as if he had the situation in total control from the beginning and also the driver complied with every request
I have no doubt you would suggest the driver should have been pistol whipped, smashed onto the ground and then sent to prison.

No wonder so many people hate the police, it's the police brutality that will,start an uprising

I watch that video and I respect the police, I watch a violent video and lose my respect for the police

But hey, he could have died

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Muffenstuff

Jesus didn't violate the law
Jesus taught the law was made for man, not man for the law
It was ok for Jews to brake the law in circumstances of love, mercy and compassion
Better read, study, gain some knowledge of the bible

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Let me paraphrase "I don't believe in God

I don't believe in your god, and I'll thank you NOT to put words in my mouth.

That being said, it's apparent that "the message" went over your head. But, to put it on the simplest terms possible; "Resistance is futile!"

Mwuhahahaha

edit on 6-8-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

You're right but you left off why:

Because you're not supposed to judge (carry out a judgement / punish). If you do, then you too will be punished.

You are absolutely correct, and there are also dozens of other scriptures
which compliment the doctrine. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Raggedyman

Let me paraphrase "I don't believe in God

I don't believe in your god, and I'll thank you NOT to put words in my mouth.

That being said, it's apparent that "the message" went over your head. But, to put it on the simplest terms possible; "Resistance is futile!"

Mwuhahahaha

Yeah, absolutely right, resistance is futile
Judgement is coming, there will be no resistance

and what words did I put in your mouth, what do you disagree with in my paraphrase

Tee hee hee
edit on 6-8-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Matt 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you,
do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you,
and persecute you.

I've stated this before but it bears repeating. ONLY those who have the Spirit
of Christ have the willingness and ability to obey Christ teachings as quoted above.

It's impossible for the natural man to obey this teaching, since he does NOT
have the Spirit of Christ. You don't need a degree in Theology to understand
who's not of Christ, just look at their FRUIT.

Those who justify SIN, REBELLION and DISOBEDIENCE to Christ commandments
simply aren't His sheep. Christ made it very plain that you shall KNOW
THEM BY THEIR FRUITS. and those who seek to KILL their fellowman under the
notion they are DEFENDING some man-made Government treaty, law or principle
are expressing the FRUIT of their father Satan, who also is a destroyer.

What did Christ say to those who sought to KILL him?

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye
will do. He was a MURDERER from the beginning, and abode not in the truth,
because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his
own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

This is one of the most diabolical doctrines that pervades Christendom.
A doctrine antithetical that totally contradicts Christ teaching. A doctrine
that makes Disciples of Christ who are supposed to be gentle into nothing
more than raving beast.

The so-called Christians that follow this practice are just to blind to the fact
that their acceptance of this philosophy that contradicts Christ teaching, has
influenced them to repeat the same behavior of the Hebrews and Romans that
killed Christ.

HOW MANY CHRISTIANS HAVE BEEN KILLED IN THE MIDDLE EAST BECAUSE OF THIS?

I REST MY CASE.

edit on 8/6/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Don't panic I would not resist evil I would just redirect it and do my best to arrange a meeting with the robber and God.
Didn't Crist tell Peter to carry a sword and that's how he cut the ear off the palace guard? Well I don't have a sword but I a baseball bat that does a good job on a robbers head, no loud noise and if done right no screams, so I wouldn't have to stop until the rage of going after my kid is gone. The robber might even pray and ask God for help, would that be an instant conversation from thief to Christian. Who said a Marine couldn't convert people to be Christians while praying for their life, we've been doing it since 1775, hoorah.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join