It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew McCarthy: I-ransom was criminal

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Nope calling your bluff, and you folded

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'll restate what I said above. Whether the payment was "ransom" is beside the point, though it obviously was. The point is that the transaction was a violation of Federal law no matter the purpose.

...the sanctions prohibit transactions with Iran that touch the U.S. financial system, whether they are carried out in dollars or foreign currencies. The claim by administration officials, widely repeated in the press, that Iran had to be paid in euros and francs because dollar-transactions are forbidden is nonsense; Americans are also forbidden to engage in foreign currency transactions with Iran.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbarkow
I'll restate what I said above. Whether the payment was "ransom" is beside the point, though it obviously was. The point is that the transaction was a violation of Federal law no matter the purpose.

...the sanctions prohibit transactions with Iran that touch the U.S. financial system, whether they are carried out in dollars or foreign currencies. The claim by administration officials, widely repeated in the press, that Iran had to be paid in euros and francs because dollar-transactions are forbidden is nonsense; Americans are also forbidden to engage in foreign currency transactions with Iran.

No it wasent, it was irans money that usa froze for political reasons. No ransom was payed.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Then that must have been just a funny coincidence that the hostages were released the same moment that the money arrived in Iran.

Who else thinks it is kinda like when RonnyRayGun took over as POTUS and then all the hostages were set free?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Then that must have been just a funny coincidence that the hostages were released the same moment that the money arrived in Iran.

Who else thinks it is kinda like when RonnyRayGun took over as POTUS and then all the hostages were set free?

The similarities are striking!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
There was no ransom payment. What can't you people understand. This money was being held for over forty years. Thick heads that's all I have to say. Tunnel vision to see only what you want to see.

Pot meet kettle.

Regardless, Iran funds terrorists, to give them anything is furthering terrorism. As far as reagan, two wrongs don't make a right, but for a progressive I guess three do?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Whether it was Iran's money to begin with is moot, its still a ransom

defn:

a sum of money demanded or paid for the release of a captive. "the kidnappers demanded a ransom" synonyms: pay-off, payment, price "the kidnappers demanded a huge ransom"

link   

defn:

a sum of money demanded or paid for the release of a captive. "the kidnappers demanded a ransom" synonyms: pay-off, payment, price "the kidnappers demanded a huge ransom"

link   

defn:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

There was no ransom payment. What can't you people understand. This money was being held for over forty years. Thick heads that's all I have to say. Tunnel vision to see only what you want to see.

Pot meet kettle.

Regardless, Iran funds terrorists, to give them anything is furthering terrorism. As far as reagan, two wrongs don't make a right, but for a progressive I guess three do?

Cheers - Dave

Its there money that was frozen, nobody gave them anything, they where just able to get there money back.

edit on 6-8-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

defn:

No its not, just another opinion piece with no facts.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

You still haven't read it, have you?

There's plenty of evidence if you're willing to look at it. Your proclamations do not change the inconvenient facts.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Sillyolme

Iran called it a ransom payment.
Now you can call them liars, but watch out!

Because they also say they aren't making nuclear bombs.

well....duh.....of course they would call it "ransom"....they want to screw up the politics in America as much as they can.....and all you right-wingers took the bait, hook, line, and sinker.......maybe the GOP can hire some Iranian Nationals to help smear democrats....

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

You still haven't read it, have you?

There's plenty of evidence if you're willing to look at it. Your proclamations do not change the inconvenient facts.

Its an opinion piece with no proof, sorry thats the only fact.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Since you're unwilling to examine the source material, your comments here carry zero weight.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Since you're unwilling to examine the source material, your comments here carry zero weight.

Oh my an anonymous poster who claims that a personal blog is now considered fact, said my comments carry zero weight lol, just search ats and see what happened to the last thread about the same story, thats enough for most of us, go read it its full of gems.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Pot meet kettle.

Cheers - Dave

Its there money that was frozen, nobody gave them anything, they where just able to get there money back.

It's irrelevant. If you have a traffic stop and the cop searches you and finds $10k on you, guess what, it's seized, which is wrong, but it's because they consider it suspicious and could be the proceeds of crime (they say).

Well Iran has for decades funded terrorism, there ain't no suspicion there bubbah. So what obama did, was seize assets due to international crime, terrorism, and then give the money back. Since it was legitimately seized or held and Iran has not stopped funding terrorism, Iran got a payday to continue funding terrorism. Try thinking logically for a change when you broach these subjects.

This is on your idiot POTUS, your Muslim in chief.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Pot meet kettle.

Cheers - Dave

It's irrelevant. If you have a traffic stop and the cop searches you and finds $10k on you, guess what, it's seized, which is wrong, but it's because they consider it suspicious and could be the proceeds of crime (they say).

Well Iran has for decades funded terrorism, there ain't no suspicion there bubbah. So what obama did, was seize assets due to international crime, terrorism, and then give the money back. Since it was legitimately seized or held and Iran has not stopped funding terrorism, Iran got a payday to continue funding terrorism. Try thinking logically for a change when you broach these subjects.

This is on your idiot POTUS, your Muslim in chief.

Cheers - Dave

I aint american and no obama isint muslim lol, but keep on telling yourself that.

Who funded isis and alqueda.

Plz stop the logical part, you have no facts, your just repeating what you heard on fox news.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

The money was frozen as the Shaw lost control to Irans new revolutionary government.
Perhaps in your wisdom you can explain how the money was still owed. I know you are young and World history seems to not be your strong point but if you owed money to a store that closed and crooked owner fled the country, would you still pay the new owner your old debt?

No it wasent, it was irans money that usa froze for political reasons. No ransom was payed.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Lol you really think that the money was sent by plane, stop watching fox news.

So the photos of the money and the plane taking the money is a lie?

Really.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The photo of the money is a lie. The naughty Iranians lifted it from a 1991 US film showing inside the U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing, Washington D.C.

If you notice in the Iranian video they had to blur out part of the pallet top. There was a very good reason for that. See the following video where they lifted the footage from. See 6:05 for the pallet footage that they used.

Video description.

Inside the U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing, Washington D.C., 1991. The video features the assembly line of printing, cutting, and sorting machines, and the process of producing paper currency with a Koebau-Giori-De La Rue Intaglio Color 8 Printing Press. The machinery operated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join