It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today's Music Ain't Got The Same Soul, Seems Now More Than Ever

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

more like closer to the truth of the baby boomers, than your stereotypical reply.
thank you very much.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie
atleast my replys make sense.
i'll be blunt, you have a very shortsighted and predictable opinion on music.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ezramullins

howdy neighbor, i live about a mile from the Eglin ranges on hwy 87 south milton end. use to go to the island and party at the hogs breath, and fud puckers, and back in high school hung out at wayside park, talking to cid. man them were some days.

here's one for ya,

edit on 6-8-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

i have yet to see your choices, i bet you worship the bieb.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

another thing, i haven't posted my picks in any replys other than the OP , the replys to others, if you notice are along the same lines as they posted, ie someone posts southern rock i posted southern rock, someone posted girl bands i posted girl bands, trying to pick songs that were not the big hits of that artist, true some were, but that's because they made great music most of their tunes were hits. so do you see the pattern.

and of course my taste is going to be predictable it's all right there in the OP. hows that for being blunt and pointing out your ignorance.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
another thing, i haven't posted my picks in any replys other than the OP , the replys to others, if you notice are along the same lines as they posted, ie someone posts southern rock i posted south rock, someone posted girl bands i posted girl bands, trying to pick songs that were not the big hits of that artist, true some were, but's that because they made great music most of their tunes were hits. so do you see the pattern.
and of couse my taste is going to be predictable it's all right there in the OP. hows that for being blunt and pointing out your ignorance.

I don't know that your tastes are 'predictable'.
So far, it appears they are rather eclectic like mine

And, it is only rock n roll after all

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

thanks for that, what i meant as how i've been posting, and what may come. there are some music genres we haven't even touched yet and when people start i'll follow suit. i may post newer stuff, i may post older, which will more than likely be the case seeing how little new stuff there is. in most cases it's not even listenable.

not calling you this,

hell might as well put this in

edit on 6-8-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: fixed it

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

It was (the thread) always getting to this place from the moment it was created.

edit on 6-8-2016 by TNMockingbird because: oops!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
here is some of my taste, i've grown quite fond of Texican Rock n' Roll.

their cover of born on the bayou. released July 29, 2016. pretty good.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

flagship song for the band. never will be another one as well known. lighters held high and everyone yelling Freebird.

here one.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
more of my taste, although i thought their new album sucked.

picked this video because i like the movie and thought randy quaid was funny as hell.

i picked this one because of elwood

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
back to southern rock,

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
how about a little funk.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I think we are so 'in tune' all is well.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
oh i finally remembered that other show that was like midnight special,and it came on every other friday it was in called
In Concert

In Concert

The series premiered on November 24, 1972, preempting The Dick Cavett Show. The first episode was the broadcast of a concert taped at Hofstra University on September 21, 1972 with Alice Cooper, Bo Diddley and Seals & Crofts.[2] The second episode, broadcast on December 8, 1972 and again preempting Cavett, featured The Allman Brothers Band and Chuck Berry. David Sontag became the Executive Producer of "In Concert" starting with the 3rd show and for the rest of the first season. Don Kirshner had no direct connection with the show after the second episode except that the production credits listed "In Concert" as a David Sontag Production and a Don Kirshner Production. Starting with the 3rd episode there was no host; Joshua White (Joshua Lightshow) became the director and the voice-over announcing the acts, and serving as the production stage manager was Chip Monk, often known as the voice of Woodstock.

The first "In Concert" broadcast was terminated early in Cincinnati, Ohio; the station manager of then-ABC affiliate WKRC-TV was watching Alice Cooper's segment and was so disgusted by it that he called the station's master control room and ordered the station to take it off the air. A rerun of Rawhide was hastily substituted; both WKRC and Cincinnati newspapers received numerous nasty phone calls in protest, which included several bomb threats against the station. The story became front-page news in Cincinnati newspapers for the next several days.

In January 1973, both The Dick Cavett Show and In Concert became part of ABC's Wide World of Entertainment programming block. Kirshner left in late 1973 to produce the syndicated series Don Kirshner's Rock Concert. In Concert continued to appear approximately every other Friday night until 1975 when it left the ABC schedule.

During its three seasons on the air, the series received four Primetime Emmy awards.[3]
In Concert

with that i'm gonna go, got a couple of things to do before i go to bed. thanks for posting everybody and keep on rockin.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

good song, closest i can get to free is

look at me been breaking the rule for three posts.

but i gotta go,i'll check back tomorrow, been fun.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

edit on 7-8-2016 by ezramullins because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
wow, i guess this thread died. i was hoping to come back and find some more good tunes. well i'll just bump it myself.
looking for some to post i came across this. they only has one hit and recorded one album. shame really cause the whole album was pretty good.

edit on 7-8-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
another one hit wonder,i remember when this song came out, me and some bud's when we got bored, use to like to hit the interstate and cruise and jam , partaking in things unmentionable here. this is one of the songs we 's listen to. every time the guy sang yeah, we'd all sing it too.

watch the four min video. check out the back up singer. he really into the song (yeah).

4 min video

and believe it or not, the song is not about driving. it's about breaking up. saw that on one of those VH1 shows.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
check this chick out, she rocks. never heard of her before, i'll start listening out for her, or never paid any attention if i have.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join