It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN Scientists Suffer Mandela Effect When Data "Disappears" - *snip*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

They were expecting the same results. That doesn't mean anything. I can expect it to be sunny, but it doesn't mean it will be.

This is just pure drivel at this point.

Coincidence is coincidence. Doesn't matter if it's 1 in 6 or 1 in a billion. It's still coincidence.

Really guy? Probability of results does not matter when you are looking at the meaning of a similar experimental result?

edit on 6-8-2016 by TheMaxHeadroomIncident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

I swear you just come into these threads to argue semantics.

They thought they had a result that was on 2 machines. They checked it over. They found that it was a coincidence.

Deal with it. That's what normal people do.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

And you seem to be smart enough to actually look at it to find what you want to find...I don't babysit anyone.

I am also smart enough to not go on a wild goose chase.

You really think there is an explanation in there if they explain it away as a "remarkable coincidence" at that press conference?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

They were expecting the same results. That doesn't mean anything. I can expect it to be sunny, but it doesn't mean it will be.

This is just pure drivel at this point.

Coincidence is coincidence. Doesn't matter if it's 1 in 6 or 1 in a billion. It's still coincidence.

Really guy? Probability of results does not matter when you are looking at the meaning of a similar experimental result?

Not similar, the same.

Drivel is what you should of expected. A wise man once said "The more you wrestle with a turd, the crappier you get."

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

And you seem to be smart enough to actually look at it to find what you want to find...I don't babysit anyone.

I am also smart enough to not go on a wild goose chase.

You really think there is an explanation in there if they explain it away as a "remarkable coincidence" at that press conference?

This person wanted you to waist your time looking through their pdf - utterly ridiculous.. then said you require babysitting because you asked for the page.. You were even willing to look at their resource - but they cant tell you what page because babysitting. That has to give you an indication of the kind of person you're debating with.

If a person honestly wanted to help convince others that an idea wasn't true - they wouldn't direct their communication that way. These folks do because their counting on carpet-bombing to scare people off and make subjectable people lean their direction. It's bottom feeding.

The more we can keep the conversation to the Mandela Effect - the better it is for future interested people.

On that note: I find it interesting that this "coincidence" was raised in a press conference. Empirical data should be just that. I can't get over the idea that all that money goes into happenstance. Seems like they should of proved the 'new' particle using the smallest required proof first - then built a 17 mile long / 2 country infrastructure.

Coincidence my butt.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Argue against it all you want. It won't change the fact that you obviously don't understand the scientific method.

There's nothing about what happened that is anything other than they thought they found something, they checked, it wasn't there.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Believe it or not it happens.

Yah, it obviously happened.

The point is that they can't explain it and all they can come up with is that their previous results were "remarkable coincidences", which doesn't sound very scientific at all.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

"They had a bump, but they can't recreate it, therefore the test they were going to fire the LHC up for has been suspended. Isn't that like the Mandela Effect?"

NO it isn't.

It is what happens in science...you do one experiment get a result, you get more data that shows your first experiment isn't the same results as the second...that is how research works.

It has nothing to do with the ME...that isn't even real to begin with.

I don't see any issue with that interpretation - or I wouldn't of posted it.

Interpretations are great...but actual facts are better.

I put it out there for others that feel the same way I do to talk about - not you (although you're welcome to, it's just not for you).

Now see my interpretation of that comment is that you really only want those who agree with your interpretation rather than those who rely on actual facts to comment in your thread...is my interpretation close to right?

You simply aren't productive to the topic, past saying you disagree.

And agreeing to something that is wrong is good for the topic...imagine that.

Are you saying the moderators don't do a good job? I for one would be a little frustrated with you (as a moderator) for trying to tell me how to do my job. Which is exactly what you're trying to do, because you don't like the info presented.. Very transparent and very childish.

I don't recall that being said, but the mods do ask for help from members as they cannot be in every thread posted...so it is just helping them to see that this should be in the right place. And since you have yet to produce something backing the claim there is only two places for it...where it sits now skunkworks or the hoax bin.

Be glad there is a forum like skunkworks.

You're a kid in a classroom trying to tell the teacher how their class should be ran.

Ever hear of a teachers aid?

Teachers need help sometimes.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Deal with it. That's what normal people do.

Let's talk about your fixation with the Mandela Effect. How you love to start arguments with people who dare to openly believe in it, or are merely just entertaining the theory. I can see how those people would have an above average interest in the subject.

With you and your like however, I see no positive reason for your above average interest in the subject.

You can come up with all sorts of noble arguments but we all know it is just because it is easy and safe for you to feed here.

There are people that have an overwhelming need to corect stupidity . Usually they become teachers and it's because stupidity bothers them. So that may very well be your answer.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Off course, one scenario could be that they already achieved some paradigm shifting results and that a decision was made that the whole thing should be covered up.

Nothing to see here.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

The point is that they can't explain it and all they can come up with is that their previous results were "remarkable coincidences", which doesn't sound very scientific at all.

Neither does holding my genitals and coughing for the doctor to test for a hernia...but it happens, and that is the scientific way they check.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Oh, you didn't make me the subject there?

Why don't you deal with it. Why are you so damn threatened by the ME?

You are dead on - they are scared of it - or are working for someone... or something. It's not that they care about us, or they wouldn't get so freaked out.

NO ONE PUTS THAT MUCH VESTED INTEREST INTO SOMETHING THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT. THERE IS A REASON.

Haven't you also connected their fever pitch with the ramp up of the Mandela Effect. I noticed it around '07. They aren't debating, they are fighting and getting more and more desperate all the time.

They also seem very easily offended. I don't know if there's a connection to the Mandela Effect, but they went from logical debate (that I would of engaged in) to screaming at people and being overly passionate.

Maybe a Mandela Effect - definitely a sign of the times.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing. The Mandela effect is soooooooo scary.

Please hold me.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
TD works for CERN and is paid to demolish any and all belief of the Mandela Effect, clearly.

They are doing a decent job of it, but not good enough....

jking...

Great op, good debate on both sides and good posts by MHRI

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

How did you know? Did "they" tell you?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Teachers.......

Like I said, you can come up with a noble argument, but I don't buy it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join