It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN Scientists Suffer Mandela Effect When Data "Disappears" - *snip*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Many folks attribute the Mandela Effect to CERN.

This article explains that the data that seemed to indicate the possibility of a 'new' particle is no more; apparently not present in the previous data now.

Due to this, the scientists at the LHC have suspended operations - they had intended to ramp up power with this cycle.

Do you think LHC scientists are now experiencing the Mandela Effect - being sure of data that doesn't exist now? If so, the irony is astounding.

www.bbc.com...

Results from the Large Hadron Collider show that a "bump" in the machine's data, previously rumoured to represent a new particle, has gone away.

The discovery of new particles, which could trigger a paradigm shift in physics, may still be years away. All the latest LHC results are being discussed at a conference in Chicago.

David Charlton of Birmingham University, leader of the Atlas experiment at the LHC, told BBC News that everyone working on the project was disappointed.

"There was a lot of excitement when we started to collect data. But in the [latest results] we see no sign of a bump, there's nothing. "It is a pity because it would have been a really fantastic thing if there had been a new particle."

-----

I forgot to add..

I'm well aware that debunkers don't understand, or don't believe the Mandela Effect is real. I already know their opinion - I'm far more interested in what believers have to say about the topic; to that end I'm choosing not to respond to them (they aren't my target audience).

Debunkers are going to intentionally flood this topic. The more you engage with them, the further the thread drifts from it's intended conversation - which may be their goal but it's not mine.

This isn't a topic of 'if the Mandela Effect is real'. This topic takes the position that the Mandela Effect is real, then goes forward from there. Good, condensed communication from believers can occur by side-stepping their bait.

edit on 6-8-2016 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/6/2016 by maria_stardust because: Title altered to reflect reality in this universe.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
They should take this as a warning from the spiritual world.

The previous parallel dimension probably still has that particle. Then that same particle caused a massive singularity and sunk to the centre of the earth sucking everything into it.

Then everyone was shifted to a parallel version of earth (quantum theory) where the particle has not been discovered yet.

Naturally, the scientists will go ahead, determined to destroy planet earth which seems to be their primary goal.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I don't see how this has anything to do with the fictitious Mandela Effect , they thought they'd found something but further experiment failed to reproduce that , no ME just science.

a reply to: tikbalang

I think they are ass*oles

That says more about you than it does them.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

It's the way science is done.

They thought they found something. They tried again. Couldn't find it.

It's got nothing to do with a fantasy called the "Mandela effect".

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I was pretty mad at ATS for putting these topics in SkunkWorks..

Then I found out reddit is even worse - they actually censored my post with a text-filter (blocks "cern" and "lhc"), and on the basis of containing stuff about cern, the post was "locked" and not viewable to the public. Of course it doesn't say anywhere that you can't mention cern on the ME subreddit.. Instead, my post was just quietly censored and removed from public view. It had the same content as this OP.

So I came back here to post it - my first ATS OP ever, in over 10 years of using this site.. and I gots 3 flags already! Time to celebrate!

Not so mad at ATS anymore, but still think this isn't anymore controversial than ufos.. Seems like the ME should have it's own sub-forum.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Due to this, the scientists at the LHC have suspended operations - they had intended to ramp up power with this cycle.

I cant see where "operations have been suspended" anywhere in the BBC article you linked to.

(post by tikbalang removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll

I cant see where "operations have been suspended" anywhere in the BBC article you linked to.

Mandela Effect ?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

When humans tries to play God, they are most likely to fail..

If it gives hope, im in, if it messes with reality.. Well maybe the hope it gave is not worth it.. This was cocktail of failure and the hope was nothing more than a paradigm shift in reality..

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Humans have been playing God for centuries , the Dutch created land from sea , the Nazca civilization flattened mountain tops and we've been creating babies in test tubes since the 70s.
The experiments at CERN will lead to technologies that will save mankind , we will need to leave this planet at some point and new psychics will be needed to make that a possibility.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Im all ears how CERN can save mankind, high hopes and dreams is not part of my logical reasoning.. Place ideals in it, and you have an absolute failure.. So destroying things makes humans God? Is God to you destruction?
CERN is nothing but a doomed failure, you place hope in something that is unnatural..

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Not attempting to play god just undersrand the universe we live in.
Funny you slag off scientists while enjoying the fruits of science.
Go live in a cave if you don't want owt to do with it.
edit on 6-8-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Mengele did some great leaps for humanity, maybe you can idolize him?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Ahhh...sweet Lady Karma...ain't she a bitch tho? As above is so below...

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Where in the article you posted does it say anything about operations suspended?

Additionally this line from your post is a lie ,"apparently not present in the previous data now." That isnt what was said at all but since you want to attribute this fantasy known as the ME I'll post what was actually said, "There was a lot of excitement when we started to collect data. But in the [latest results]we see no sign of a bump, there's nothing."

Science is about repitition..Figure something out and duplicate it over and over so theory becomes fact. Since they cant duplicate it that keeps it still theory. That is much different then what you tried to claim was said which is "results disappeared"

Finally you mention this being moved to Skunkworks which is a stretch at best. IF anything it deserves to be in the HOAX bin because just about everything in the OP is wrong.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Ahhh...sweet Lady Karma...ain't she a bitch tho? As above is so below...

I really am trying to understand this, but it failed on the last part somehow.. Care to elaborate..?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

So destroying things makes humans God? Is God to you destruction?

Two of the three examples given were not destruction but making changes to parts of the planet , the third was creation.
I'm not a believer in a God that we would understand , I can't rule out an intelligence to the Universe but I wouldn't call it a God.

CERN is nothing but a doomed failure, you place hope in something that is unnatural..

Is it not natural for us to create , experiment and innovate , seems to me to be hardwired into our being .
If you wish for Mankind to just sit in its cave than we as a species are doomed , CERN and its future replacements will help us learn ways to travel to and colonise other planets and help secure the future of Mankind.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

You want a repetitive behavior placing hopes in Pandoras box, where do we create? We destroy to place a natural habitat to our needs..
The Universe creates order out of chaos, creation out of destruction.. Terraforming is something natural? It took this planet 4,5 billion years to create man, it took us a 100 years to destroy the entire planet..

In my book, that is called Cancer.. In your book its called hope and progress maybe even colonizing other planets.. For what?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

This article explains that the data that seemed to indicate the possibility of a 'new' particle is no more; apparently not present in the previous data now.

You can read more about that here...

arstechnica.com...

No they didn't.

Do you think LHC scientists are now experiencing the Mandela Effect - being sure of data that doesn't exist now? If so, the irony is astounding.

No the irony of you not knowing what your talking about is astounding,

They couldn't reproduce the data from prior experiments is why it doesn't exist...it didn't just disappear and has no relation to the ridiculously sad Mandela Effect.

The link above explains the problem but they also have a summary if you care to read it...

cds.cern.ch...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join