It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raised by wolves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

In 1920 the reverend J.A.L. Singh, found a couple of children in the Jungles of Godamuri. Kamala and Amala as they became named to be, had been living with a she-wolf and her pack. The reverend took them back to his orphanage where he tried to get them accustomed to their human surroundings. While the girls made some progress over the years, both eventually came down with fatal illnesses, or more to the fact Rett syndrome ( Wikipedia link ) .

There is a known quote by the reverend;

"if the right thing to do would have been to leave these children in the wild where I found them."

---------------------------------

An animated movie was made by Mamoru Hosoda inspired by this mythical story

"If you could choose to be one thing, would you choose to be people or to be wolves"

Source - Wikipedia
Source - Article
Source - Language development

Thank you for reading!

edit on 201686 by tikbalang because: Image

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The momma dog here at the house always takes a liking to young ones and usually she is the meanest of the two, The german shepards here are not bad dogs but they tend to be very protective of the house and its members and can get down right mean growling and barking at folks that are unwelcome except if they have babies then momma dog tends to go into momma mode and wants to be with the kid and snuggle and lick it etc etc its the strangest thing. That being what it is I can see how a she wolf can take a shine to lost or abandoned babies cause like I said I can see that young ones do something to the she doggie here that puts her into a caring and alert place. I do believe there is something to the thought that females share a special bond regardless of species with young people and creatures.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang
I don't think there has ever been a case of a feral child making it to adulthood in the wild. I think the reverend did the right thing.

I would never choose to be a wolf, or anything else really. I am happy to be a human being.

Star and Flag for an interesting topic.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I love this topic (I'm fascinated by "the human condition")

I watched a docu recently about feral children.....

top topics

join