It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Channel tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Just for UK members this one (and those who can pick up UK TV).

2 movies worth a watch tonight (Freeview 70): eXistenZ and Prince of Darkness.

Sandwiched between is Hostel: Part III...which you can afford to miss, but at least it gives your telly a chance to cool down between movies.

eXistenZ is set in the near future and provides a fascinating glimpse into a possible future of VR gaming. Quite complicated - needlessly so, I think - dealing with the idea of a game within a game. If the experience is sufficiently real...how will you know when the game is over?

Definitely worth your time but confusing if it's your first watch; you'll need to watch it more than once to figure out what's going on. Why it's on the Horror channel I don't know. I wouldn't call it a horror film.

Prince of Darkness is written and directed by John Carpenter, which should be recommendation enough. As long as you don't have too many expectations, this should creep you out nicely.

If, like me, you don't believe in the Devil, PoD will enable you to suspend your disbelief to some extent.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Cool. For everyone else just ________ them.

Sounds like a cool channel for anybody, outside of TV, to check in on the website and see what's screaming. Pick up on offbeat stuff might not make note of otherwise.
www.horrorchannel.co.uk...

I only just recently was told about El Rey Network which my impression it'd be another choice source as such.
www.elreynetwork.com...

Some other useful spots might be:
www.criterion.com...
www.magnetreleasing.com...

edit on 6-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Prince Of Darkness is awesome but a bit dated, it freaked me out as a kid though, Carpenter was on a roll in the 80s

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I love and own both of those movies. The ending to Prince of Darkness still creeps me out.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Prince of Darkness, dated or not, if one hasn't yet had the pleasure in partaking, well worth the time

Muwahahahahahahah....
edit on 6-8-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join