It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy Spokesperson Mark Toner appears laugh at the concept of transparency in democracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

The outburst and the reporter comment at about the 30 second mark, is truly a sad commentary on how mainstream the corruption appears to be.

One can hope that the fit of laughter was due to something rather then the obvious, but I am finding a hard time thinking of a reason.

This video is also uncut on the state department website:

video.state.gov...

The state department is so smug, they did not even bother to edit out the burst of laughter at such a serious statement.

Has the corruption really gone so far to where it is no longer even necessary to put a little bit of effort in covering up the appearance of corruption?

It is to the point that question is rhetorical in nature.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I think it's gotten to the point where the regular workers are unable to hold a straight face anymore and they're actually trying to do us a service. They are making a commentary on what they feel is a joke at this point, a tired old one that they want to stop. This guy is actually crying out for help.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Dreamwatcher

It is a joke. Rules are for the peasants.

Let them eat cake.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Dreamwatcher

As long as Americans allow this crap is just going to get worst, by the minute, until America the free will be nothing but an illusion.

Is like everything the public has been dumbed out soo much they don't care anymore.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The guy was flagrantly mocking everything the administration said it would be. He said this was his last briefing before a vacation. I bet he doesn't come back from it.

When the people rise up over s# like this, I'm not standing up for any of the elites.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
What was his last job, manager at some night club? How he strikes me, not some USDOJ spokesman.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
RT published a 41 second clip from the video:

Transcription of the interaction. Mr. Toner is addressing the interns in the briefing.

Mr. Toner - "Good to see you in this exercise in transparency and democracy."
Mr. Toner - (LAUGHTER!!)
Reporter - "Is that what it is?"
Mr. Toner - (LAUGHTER!!)
Mr. Toner - "Sorry, I didn't mean to break out in laughter"
Reporter - "I thought it was an exercise in spin and obfuscation."

I also noticed I left a word out of the thread title. It should read:

Deputy Spokesperson Mark Toner appears to laugh at the concept of transparency in democracy

The posters so far have been pretty spot on. I find this especially egregious as he is addressing press interns.

new topics

top topics

join