It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voter ID scrapped in NC.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If you cannot be bothered in this day in age in the USA to have one form of picture ID then I seriously doubt in your ability to cast an intelligent researched vote.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The simple answer it will allow illegals and sooner or later prisoners to vote, and ofcourse they WILL vote for Shillary one way or the other and with all the "Immigrants" coming in too, really makes ya wonder. As to the voter ID, it's just common sense you should have some form of identification to prevent voter fraud or should I say the crooked scumbag politicians best weapon in any election.
edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: More detail.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
... and to be clear: voterid.nc.gov... GENERAL election they aren't redacting STATE requirements as an OPTION to further rig the game.

OK so how does one go about changing ones party affliation in the beautiful state of NC? Print a form, fill it out and mail it in.

That requires computer access, that requires a printer and that requires postage. But hey it is also through the DMV that in NC has heavily been discriminating against people using a loop hole in commercial medical requirements to place those medical on the citizens themselves to use it as discrimination. For what reason? Well, voter fraud of course... all of a sudden these DMV workers are medical professionals that can make a "visual" determination aka profiling of individuals to bar them from even getting a license or change party affiliation. So it goes against basically 5 federal laws.

Now they have said they are going to change this as a federally FUNDED government agency but have been waiting for a hail Mary pass in their party affiliations which have been heavily Republican for decades. Jessie Helms basically tried to rule as a monarch over the NC government for so many decades in the religious right pander that refused and still refuses to separate church from state.

So much corruption has seeped into and continues to seep into the NC state government, with buddy, buddy back door deals and associations etc etc it's fundamentally absurd. It creates a revolving system of keeping one specific gender, race, and heritage in power and uses the power of religious pander to do it.

So when such bias it that deeply entrenched in a state government, it becomes one of those police states where that state guideline, becomes the revolving system to keep all others down with little to no opportunity to rise above such things, revolving in and out of juvenile detention centers into jails and then into prisons.

Of course it is thought control... then population control. Not opportunity, not growth, not acceptance and certainly not a melting pot that is the meat of the matter that chews the fat and cuts out what is considered gristle.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

There are many people home bound, nursing home bound, hospital bound, that can't go get the "damned thing". Where is their right to vote? Oh they still have it... but not with such ID requirements.

See the issue? Of course that wont stop people from stealing their votes and slapping their name on the ballot they were last registered too. It's how dead people have kept on voting BTW.

Party affiliation gets counted this is where the system fails.

So register unaffiliated or independent... then how and who are they going to steal votes from?

if they can't get to the ID station, how the hell are they going to get to the polls?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

They have a right to vote how they get there is no one else's concern. Giving them more than the one concern than simply the freedom to vote restricts that freedom more than need be.

It's a hurdle to the freedom... any hurdle to freedom is not freedom.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

so security should be ignored due to lazy ass people who can't be bothered to get a free ID.
Nice.

I wonder, if a free service was to be set up to make house calls and provide the ID, would it be enough, or would there still be the tears form the left?

You can't vote unless you register. If you can register to vote, you can get an ID. If you are too lazy to do that, you likely are too lazy to go to the polls.

This law keeps dead folks from voting. I'd bring up the common sense aspect of the law, but common sense isn't synonymous with liberal thinking anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

But how does an ID provide security? Every instance of fraud used in this thread as an example wouldn't have been prevented with ID's.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

you lack vision. A guy walks up to the voting booth, claims he is John smith of 210 SMith lane. The real John smith died three weeks ago. So this guy is voting as a dead person. If he had to show an ID, he wouldn't have John Smith on the ID, he would have his real name.

See, there are some people who do bad things. They are committing a crime, but they do it anyway. If you try to prevent them from doing bad things, most folks see that as a positive thing.

Exactly how many people are unable to obtain a free ID? I think with all the tears, a solid number is in order.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Except no one with half a brain commits that crime, it's high risk and low reward. I should know because I actually did it in 2008 because I was curious about how hard it is to pull off. You spend an hour researching who you're going to claim to be, 2 hours standing in line to vote, 30 minutes to drive to the other polling place, another 2 hours standing in line to vote. With the usual length of time polls are open you can do this a maximum of 3 times in a day. Meaning you can cast an additional 3 votes. If you want to do this in numbers capable of swinging even local elections you need an organized group of 100's of people to do it, and when you get that many people involved things leak and people go to jail. It's just not a crime that can be pulled off.

Literally no one does this because everyone who plans it realizes it won't work.

And the best part? I did this in Ohio, a state that actually has voter ID laws. The poll workers were very understanding when I showed up at the poll shortly before it closed and "forgot" my ID. Wanting to do the right thing and let me vote, they just had me sign a statement that I am who I say I am, count that as my ID, and let me vote anyways.

If you want to cheat in elections the low tech way what you need to do is get access to the book listing who voted, add a whole bunch of signatures to it and then add some extra ballots to the box that counts them. This requires a conspiracy of 2-3 committed individuals down from the hundreds what you're proposing does.

ID laws do not work. They exist to prevent a non existent crime and they don't even succeed at doing so. If people want ID laws, I really don't care. Like I said before, I think the biggest danger to ID laws is that they make people complacent because they provide an illusion of security and integrity in our voting process when the reality is anything but. But maybe, it would be better for society for the government to lie to people.
edit on 9-8-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

The voter ID is not the issue making it a hurdle to people to vote is the issue, the ID was seen to be used as an excuse when federally looked at that was used to promote voter fraud.

See here's the thing any machine works easiest the less parts or complication put into it. Adding parts only adds maintenance issues and more things to break.

So here's the deal with politics... the people wanting such bills etc. already have ideas how to red tape and pander the system to work in a specific direction or favor. By the very red tape that the new legislation can be written too or skirted around to work the system that was created... hampering or obstructing freedom of a RIGHT TO VOTE. Not hey can't get one of those ID's opps no right to vote.

So it is a hindrance, a waste of resources time and money... but not for those wanting them to rig the game in their favor.

Thats the truth of the matter if anyone wants to rationalize a hurdle to any freedom... there's no excuse for it, it is a barrier and hurdle to the equality of GUARANTEED RIGHTS.

Instead of cleaning up the corruption stealing and robbing voices by reforming the system itself... they want to make another hurdle as a patch on something broken instead of fixing it correctly. It is inexcusable and while you may want to argue some starry eyed benefits of such barriers and hurdles? They are sadly ill founded... they are not free they are paid for by someone some organization ok? So follow that money my friend and see what political leanings they have or stand to have, or may want to possibly change in the future as an amendment to interfere with the voting right even further?

No that's my vote on the damned things called voter ID cards... whether federal or local.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

so lets see if I have the big picture. You are opposed to this since it's something that never happens. Except you actually did commit this crime and were successful, but we shouldn't take that into account since you were just testing the system. I'm sorry, but I fail to see how making sure you are who you claim to be is harming anyone.

I'd still like to know how this targets minorities. I have a feeling there aren't actually any people out there who just can't find a way in a years time to get a free ID. But then, I suppose they could just try your trick and lie.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

how much extra money does it cost to check an ID as opposed to just asking someone who they are?

You guys are reaching bad on this one. Again, how many people are adversely affected by this law? Exactly?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
so lets see if I have the big picture. You are opposed to this since it's something that never happens. Except you actually did commit this crime and were successful, but we shouldn't take that into account since you were just testing the system. I'm sorry, but I fail to see how making sure you are who you claim to be is harming anyone.

Because I have some experience with it I know how it works. That's a bit better than just assuming there are bad people out there screwing up elections. That's literally impossible to do.

I'd still like to know how this targets minorities. I have a feeling there aren't actually any people out there who just can't find a way in a years time to get a free ID. But then, I suppose they could just try your trick and lie.

Others have claimed that, I never have. That's my point. It won't affect anyone or anything. It is a completely pointless law and it can't even prevent what it's supposed to in theory prevent. It's literally the grown up version of putting a blanket over your head to protect yourself from the boogeyman.
edit on 9-8-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Reaching you're the one talking about money, and pandering pretty hard for a broken system... I actually know how the NC system works living here ok? I voted as a straw poll voter electronically, managed to change my registration same way because two party system controlling the polls... also give my recommendation for the VP.

My straw vote and 3 others I believe in this state counted for every single last vote in the whole county... so um yeah, voter ID cards again... NO. A signature at the polling place should suffice the same way Aazadan mentioned... independent 3rd parties should be in head of the vote counts and no specific affiliated party or entity with political ties.

Of course someone has to know how the system works... delegates, super delegates, straw voters, etc etc. so voter ID for a POLL and not really an actual VOTE? But a popular POLL for an indirect vote? It's an oxymoron in this day and age. My straw vote counted for 1000's of individuals, and I did them proud I voted for them not the pander, not the populist or lobbied vote. 21st century that's where we are headed and that's towards equality something we should have had a very long time ago... some states sure it's there more than others but NC in particular? It's in the can't separate religion from state as it should be in a pander to moral laws instead of ethical laws that follow the federal as they are supposed to do when receiving monies from federal agencies.

I have seen the entire system of 3 Southern states from the very bottom and how they operate... two are extremely discriminatory and one actually uses the federal money for programs and industry has flocked to it, despite their own problem of religious pander and keeping certain industries and peoples out of state politics and business as seen as undesirable.

So lets just say I have direct experience of the entire system from bottom all the way to the very top... in 3 states. Broken, tons of hurdles, tons of pander... because greed and hate keeping ignorant discrimination into broken systems of suffering and pain that could easily be overcome if people were given an opportunity. The youth see it the youth want the change and they inherit it... they do not want people enslaved in ghettos and they dont want people chained to systems and them left financially holding the empty bag that others have robbed their futures from...

So reaching? Nothing to reach for my friend... people have already robbed a hole through the bottom of the bag, time to sew it up not buy a new one and fill it for the generations to come.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join