It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voter ID scrapped in NC.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If you're too stupid, lazy, or irresponsible to obtain a FREE ID, then you shouldn't be allowed to vote... period.

I don't care what color your skin is. The op is correct. Only people who are looking to commit voter fraud would oppose Voter ID.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Teikiatsu
I have never met anyone that says we shouldn't need an ID register to vote...
That is different then needing it to then showing it when you go to to vote.

Yet, even North Carolina has provisions to register to vote without an ID.

When you don't have to present an ID to register to vote or vote, then we do not have secure election systems.

I don't care how many government grant-funded studies claim that voter fraud does not exist.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu
I have never met anyone that says we shouldn't need an ID register to vote...
That is different then needing it to then showing it when you go to to vote.

So you should have an ID to owning a gun, but you don't need one when actually purchasing it?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: network dude

Greetings-

Maybe it is so the Legislatures can feel better about themselves after the Public Restroom debacle..

Q: If "Gary" a pre-op member of the crew shows an I.D. that has "Gloria" emblazoned in Pink font and enters the 'Mens Room" who is the bus driver?

Sweeeet Caroline.....

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well it would be the same if there was baseline register system, but we all know what the answer to that is.
So again apples to oranges.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Yet, even North Carolina has provisions to register to vote without an ID.

And if you use those provisions you have to show your ID at the polls if you haven't already verified it another way.
That is fine, I haven't seen many people who are against ID to register to vote.

I don't care how many government grant-funded studies claim that voter fraud does not exist.

Well of course, you don't care that the dreaded voter fraud can't be found, you just know that it must be happening!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

And if you use those provisions you have to show your ID at the polls if you haven't already verified it another way.

Wait, this OP regards a law that no ID be required at the polls. The link does not give any details.

Can you provide a link to this claim?

Well of course, you don't care that the dreaded voter fraud can't be found, you just know that it must be happening!

I already linked to a case where voter fraud should have been investigated in connection with a possible murder and it wasn't. Link

So why should I believe voter fraud is even investigated, let alone "never happens?'

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I don't think that people properly understand the context to this. North Carolina has a history of this, as has the GOP. There's also a study here.
And then there's this. Which made me very angry indeed. In some cases it's ID in general, in other cases it's photo ID.
Oh and this really made me angry.

edit on 6-8-2016 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

www.dmv.org...

**NOTE: All first-time voters who registered by mail and did not provide proof of identity by Election Day must show ID at their polling place, regardless of their state's voter ID law, or lack thereof.

So what does another law accomplish here?

So why should I believe voter fraud is even investigated, let alone "never happens?'

Because one case of it not being investigated does not mean that it never is...
Pretty big stretch to say that since it didn't happen that one time it never happens.
edit on thSat, 06 Aug 2016 14:24:02 -0500America/Chicago820160280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Only people who are looking to commit voter fraud would oppose Voter ID.

I'm not looking to commit voter fraud and I oppose these laws.

A GOP victory! Republicans Admit Voter-ID Laws Are Aimed at Democratic Voters.
edit on 8/6/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

My question is, why is this even a thing? You must have an ID to cash a check, to buy beer, to buy cigarettes, to drive, to rent an apartment.

Perhaps if you were to learn the difference between a right and a privilege you would understand.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Hillary has to win, and she can't do that without the illegal votes.

Look at the polls. All the ones polling anybody and everybody have her winning by a landslide. The ones polling likely voters (i.e legal voters) have the race within the margin of error.

Perhaps you can provide a little proof of all these elections that has been won by the Dems due to illegal voters. I'm sure you will provide that proof after it finally happens because up to now there has been none. Like usual these laws target minorities who this may come as a shock usually don't vote Republican.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I see Gary is going "Full Bore" w/the new choppers. I'll wager those are a big hit down at the club?? That haircut will also go a long way for His Kiefer Sutherland/24 fetish...

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

www.dmv.org...

**NOTE: All first-time voters who registered by mail and did not provide proof of identity by Election Day must show ID at their polling place, regardless of their state's voter ID law, or lack thereof.

Because one case of it not being investigated does not mean that it never is...
Pretty big stretch to say that since it didn't happen that one time it never happens.

Pretty big stretch to say that after the one time I know of possible voter fraud and it isn't investigated, I should believe it never happens.

Also, I don't think the link you provided is current with the OP. It was a generic link and not specific to North Carolina.

I'll have to go look up the text from this law when I have a few minutes to really dig in.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It doesn't need to be specific to NC, did you read the part I put in bold?
If they had not verified their ID at registration or before the election they have to verify it then, why do you need another law on top of that.

Pretty big stretch to say that after the one time I know of possible voter fraud and it isn't investigated, I should believe it never happens.

Huh?
Why do you think that since you can find one time it wasn't investigated, that must mean that it is never investigated?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I don't care what the GOP admits. I am an 'Unaffiliated voter and I don't have confidence in the security of our election systems. Why should my voice be shut out because the GOP sucks?

Also, I feel disenfranchised that the gold standards of 'paper ballots' and voter ID laws have been tossed aside for hackable systems and no-ID laws. Voting is an important right -- FOR EVERYONE. Take it seriously. Protect it. Get an ID.

And I feel disenfranchised knowing the same database that houses the voter registration information for every recipient of Ohio Department of Family and Job Services was breached to smear 'Joe the Plumber,' in 2008. It's a testament to how unsecure our election systems are.

And I also feel disenfranchised by the two parties that silence the voices of independents with partisan fingerpointing. So, please stop doing that. It's not fair to people who are rightfully critical of both parties. The two-party machine is a massive tool to silence debate. I am sick of getting swept up in that.

edit on 6-8-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Huh?
Why do you think that since you can find one time it wasn't investigated, that must mean that it is never investigated?

Because *cough* 'studies show' that voter fraud isn't an issue and doesn't need much investigation. But I think those in charge of 'investigating' have conflicts of interest that cause investigations to not even happen.

And the one case I know of that should be investigated...wasn't.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Feelings, hunches, and beliefs top evidence, known facts and basic reasoning?

I wonder if some of you even read your posts, any longer. Pure blind belief.

Voter fraud has been investigated at every level of government, by all sides of the political spectrum. It doesn't happen in any significant numbers.

Of course, that's only what evidence, known facts and basic reasoning tell us.

Bush Justice Department - Scant Evidence of Voter Fraud - NYT

Etc. etc.

Myth of Voter Fraud - Brennan Center

(And before you start, ELECTION fraud is not VOTER fraud.)
edit on 6-8-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

My question is, why is this even a thing? You must have an ID to cash a check, to buy beer, to buy cigarettes, to drive, to rent an apartment.

Perhaps if you were to learn the difference between a right and a privilege you would understand.

So I shouldn't need an ID to buy a gun.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
You can believe it's a myth all you like. I've actually seen the evidence that it happens in my county.
Back in the early '90s I was going through voter rolls in an attempt to determine who voted in which precinct. I was looking for an honest person to run for a county office.
Imagine my surprise when I came upon my aunt's name still on the voter rolls. She'd been dead since 1982 and yet had voted in every election. When I brought it to the attention of our county clerk? His answer was, "Huh, I guess that was a mistake." To me it seemed like more of a miracle than a mistake.
I pointed out this miracle to some other concerned folks and we went through the books again. We found at least twelve instances of dead people voting in the years after they had died. Did anyone investigate that? Nope. But we did elect a new county clerk who promised to purge the voter rolls of dead people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join