It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania Trump May Have Committed Visa Fraud, Now She’s Flat Out Lying About It

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

The only issue is whether Melania Knauss, an aspiring, but unknown model, was “working” in 1995 when she posed in the nude for the January 1996 issue of France’s Max Magazine. If she was working while she was here under a B-1 or B-2 visa, that’s visa fraud under 18 U.S. Code § 1546.

Trump mounted his entire presidential campaign atop mistrust of immigrants. He riled up angry Americans in every state over foreigners’ abuse of our immigration policies. For him to condemn so many individuals and families when his own wife may have committed immigration fraud is disgusting on a level that only Trump could reach.

LINK

Oh, the irony.

If this story is accurate, and it breaks nationally, will that be the end for Trump?

How could the Trump campaign possibly survive this type of scandal? This is not just lying, cheating, and stealing. This is hypocrisy on a massive scale.

It's not Trump's fault at all. But, it would sure hurt his credibility a lot.
edit on 6-8-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I don't think this will become news worthy, even if she had the b1 visa and found work then her company needs to file a petition for her and when approved she can apply for a temp workers visa.

Gin

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
There's already a long thread about this.

Anyway, a former modeling agent came out and said this:

Former Modeling Agent Says He Got Melania Trump's Visa

Melania Trump obtained a work visa before she modelled professionally in the United States in the mid-1990s, her former modeling agent told The Associated Press. That appeared to back up her statements as recently as Thursday that she adhered to U.S. immigration laws as she went from a Slovenian model years later to an American citizen.
On Thursday, Zampolli said he personally secured a work visa for Mrs. Trump, who in the mid-1990s was named Melania Knauss, while he was a partner at modeling agency Metropolitan Models.

"She qualified. We got her the H-1B as soon as she came," Zampolli said, referring to the type of work visa that U.S. companies can obtain for "fashion models of distinguished merit and ability." H-1B visas generally allow a person to work and live in the U.S. for three years with the opportunity to renew them for another three years.

Zampolli said he based the H-1B application on Trump's previous modeling work in Paris and Milan. "We used whatever she did before to get her a visa," he said. "She had enough tear sheets to qualify."

In interviews earlier this year with MSNBC and for a profile in Harper's Bazaar, Trump said she periodically traveled back to Slovenia to make sure she was adhering to the terms of her visa, though U.S. immigration law did not require such trips for work-visa holders at the time.

edit on 6-8-2016 by Gin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Trump mounted his entire presidential campaign atop mistrust of immigrants

Somehow the key word "illegal" got left out. Gee...the left sure is good about redacting key "stuff"

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I love it though, one has a murder/death/kill list a mile long and yet someone posts this.. Grasping at straws, very short straws......

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I don't think it will hurt his credibility at all. Spouses of candidates have been enthralled in all types of shenanigans and still, the public lap it up. They don't care.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I'm sure Trump has many other things hiding in his closet. There's a reason why he won't release his taxes and it's not just because "he's being audited." He has a history of saying one thing and than doing the exact opposite. Now he endorses Paul Ryan and John McCain after he attacked both of them. How can anyone take this guy seriously? He's all over the place!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I don't think it will hurt his credibility at all.

Credibility?????? He has no credibility!!! Have you counted how many times he's changed or re-worded his position on issues? How many times has he been caught lying and uttering outrageous rhetoric?

Let's be honest, you have two candidates that have absolutely NO credibility!! Neither one of them has more credibility than the other.

edit on 6-8-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Gin

You should already know by now, that Hillary lovers do not care about facts. If they did, they would not be supporting a corrupted murderous lying criminal.

I urge mods to lock this thread, as we don't need another clown fiesta and made up stories. It's a waste of time

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: lighter78
I love it though, one has a murder/death/kill list a mile long and yet someone posts this.. Grasping at straws, very short straws......

How is this any different than the people who keep going on and on about things that has been investigated numerous times?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gin
There's already a long thread about this.

Anyway, a former modeling agent came out and said this:

Former Modeling Agent Says He Got Melania Trump's Visa

Melania Trump obtained a work visa before she modelled professionally in the United States in the mid-1990s, her former modeling agent told The Associated Press. That appeared to back up her statements as recently as Thursday that she adhered to U.S. immigration laws as she went from a Slovenian model years later to an American citizen.
On Thursday, Zampolli said he personally secured a work visa for Mrs. Trump, who in the mid-1990s was named Melania Knauss, while he was a partner at modeling agency Metropolitan Models.

"She qualified. We got her the H-1B as soon as she came," Zampolli said, referring to the type of work visa that U.S. companies can obtain for "fashion models of distinguished merit and ability." H-1B visas generally allow a person to work and live in the U.S. for three years with the opportunity to renew them for another three years.

Zampolli said he based the H-1B application on Trump's previous modeling work in Paris and Milan. "We used whatever she did before to get her a visa," he said. "She had enough tear sheets to qualify."

In interviews earlier this year with MSNBC and for a profile in Harper's Bazaar, Trump said she periodically traveled back to Slovenia to make sure she was adhering to the terms of her visa, though U.S. immigration law did not require such trips for work-visa holders at the time.

Let's see that visa if she had one. Trump kept going on about Obama's BC so let's see him pony up that visa.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Let me guess, you want to ignore the 11 million other illegal aliens and bitch about this one. That sound about right?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Gin

You should already know by now, that Hillary lovers do not care about facts. If they did, they would not be supporting a corrupted murderous lying criminal.

I urge mods to lock this thread, as we don't need another clown fiesta and made up stories. It's a waste of time

And how are the Trump supporters any different? Until that visa surfaces the story of her having a visa is not made up just unsubstantiated.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I don't think this will become news worthy, even if she had the b1 visa and found work then her company needs to file a petition for her and when approved she can apply for a temp workers visa.

She has an anchor hubby now so no visa is needed.

Gin

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014
a reply to: DAVID64

Mainstream media will report nothing but Trump gaffes for the next 3 months. They don't have any real stories to write about... just lies after another.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

This is really laughable!! Here we go again, does anyone here including Hillary supporters care about facts? You Trump supporters should watch how you throw around the word "facts" when supporting your candidate. Trump has been caught numerous times making up his own facts!

I don't know what else Trump can say for his supporters to realize he is a total idiot! His remarks are so idiotic. Yesterday he talked about the plane that supposedly had ransom money for Iran. He calls the plane, "nice plane", WTF - what a weirdo!! He's mentally incompetent and he communicates like a five year-old.

I'm in my late 50's, and I've never heard a candidate talk so stupid to the point where I have to think to myself "what an asshole" and than start laughing. I've also never seen as many voters blindly ignore a candidates blatant lies and stupidity. It's absolutely scary!

I actually think both candidates should be put in jail. Trump for his genuine stupidity and Clinton for her crimes.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I don't think it will hurt his credibility at all.

Credibility?????? He has no credibility!!!

Exactly, you can't hurt what you don't have.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: thesaneone

She has an anchor hubby now so no visa is needed.

I did say had not has.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

If this story is accurate, and it breaks nationally, will that be the end for Trump?

How could the Trump campaign possibly survive this type of scandal? This is not just lying, cheating, and stealing. This is hypocrisy on a massive scale.

To be honest, I think it probably doesn't end up hurting Trump all that much. Visa laws are relatively complicated - I've lived and worked in two countries besides the United States, so I can speak from experience - and most people who aren't applying for a visa don't really bother trying to understand the different types of visas and what you are/are not allowed to do if you are in a country on a particular type of visa.

In a funny way, I think that this is somewhat similar to Hillary's emails. In both situations, the rules (visa laws which have changed since the 1990s and federal rules about securing and archiving classified email) are sufficiently complicated that people will be inclined to give their preferred candidate the benefit of the doubt and vilify the candidate they dislike.

It's actually too bad that Trump's natural response to this, should the story break nationally, will probably be to shout, denounce whichever reporter dares ask the question, and claim that their paper has low circulation or their network has low ratings. This would be a good opportunity to to both defend his wife and expand his focus from his beloved wall to more meaningful visa reform. The US does an awful job following up with people who overstay their visas and deporting them. The Pew Research Center estimates that 416,500 people who entered the US legally on visas in 2015 have overstayed those visas and are now illegal immigrants.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

The only issue is whether Melania Knauss, an aspiring, but unknown model, was “working” in 1995 when she posed in the nude for the January 1996 issue of France’s Max Magazine. If she was working while she was here under a B-1 or B-2 visa, that’s visa fraud under 18 U.S. Code § 1546.

Trump mounted his entire presidential campaign atop mistrust of immigrants. He riled up angry Americans in every state over foreigners’ abuse of our immigration policies. For him to condemn so many individuals and families when his own wife may have committed immigration fraud is disgusting on a level that only Trump could reach.

LINK

Oh, the irony.

I imagine the response from most of Trumps supporter and now that I think about it even people across the isle will be

but.... "She's Hot"

It is ironic indeed!

Gonna be funny see how Mr. Umpaloompa responds!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join