It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destiny Install Issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
So, I bought Destiny today, Ps3, and inserted disc, updated (to Taken King) and now once I get the splash screen, press X, and it begins another install. This time, it is being installed in-game as opposed to via the playstation. However, it will get to around five percent and tell me that I must be signed into the PS Network in order to play. I AM signed in. I have signed in and out many times and tried restarting the system etc... Anybody have this issue??

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I've played Destiny, not recently, and have never had that issue but I'm on XBOX.

The forums over at bungie.net have a help section that is very responsive.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Op. is your NAT fully open? Do you have your ISP's IP addresss set? IS it on manual or automatic connection? If tis auto set it to MANUAL. Call your ISP and tell them to OPEN YOUR PORTS FULLY as well. You might have to manually input your PS3 into your router as well to a specific port.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Personally I finding all of these internet requirements for consoles disturbing. If I wanted internet interaction on a game, then I would buy the game for PC (or download on STEAM), but as it is . . . I have a PS3 because I don't have good internet (mine is slow for low-speed). Which of course is the point of a console system.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
Personally I finding all of these internet requirements for consoles disturbing. If I wanted internet interaction on a game, then I would buy the game for PC (or download on STEAM), but as it is . . . I have a PS3 because I don't have good internet (mine is slow for low-speed). Which of course is the point of a console system.

if you bought a online game to play offline theres your problem. When they bring out destiny 2 in 2017 you can prolly buy a bundle and pick up the complete game for XB1 or PS4. And really you should had held off till you got a XB1 or PS4 because they stopped supporting the legacy games with updates(content/exspansions) Try warframe out. its free.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

The problem is Destiny is an MMO shared world game. When they add online requirements to truly single player games, I agree with you... but Destiny wasn't design to be single player nor has Bungie obfuscated the connection requirement in their advertising and packaging.

join