It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Projects ODIN and Noah.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Hello all let me first say that it is a pleasure to be posting this and hope to be able to interact with with anyone who has the urge to pop in!

Ok so as it sits ive been mauling over these 2 (of many) ideas that i finally want to get off the ground. I would like as much feedback as anyone is willing to give, any alternative ideas, amd help, or what ever YOU the reader has to add. soo lets jump in to it the 2 projects are dubbed ODIN and Noah

i want to see how far out of my head and into the real world i can bring them, but dont know where to begin.

First and most detailed would be Project Noah.

Project Noah is to be a modern day Noah's Ark for everything digital. I envision this to be along the lines of a midsized chest that has shockproof, dust proof, water resistant, flame resistant and emp resistant properties, that houses a host of electronics which include 10 x3700 mini pcs (equivalent or better) 100Tb additional Hdd and 5 midsize touch screen displays just to name a few. Software in this system will consist of the best builds of the most common Operating Systems (Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, Raspberry Pi) that can run simultaneously and independent of each other. Preloaded with libraries of information such as Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, Translation materials, Tech and Mechanic manuals ect. I could go on and on but ill spare all who have made it this far.

The 2nd project i wish to see materialize is Project Odin. Odin is a acronym for Operations, Directives and Information Network. With Odin, exploration, communication, and information sharing out in the feild will never be the same. Odin will allow teams and a homeframe to communicate in an unprecedented way, in realtime team members can send data between one another and the home main frame such as live helmet cam footage, location data, vital signs, environmental conditions, navigation, POIs, as well as pictures, text and documents, and voice communications. Integration into the system allow the end users to deploy, operate, and live stream various full size, mini and micro drones of various types in which forward deployers or Homeframe operators can maneuver.

the kicker here of course would be that it would be on a non subscribed service and can work without cell towers or satellites and would work off of the Ham network.

Some of this technology already exists, and some of it needs to be refined, while others parts are not here altogether.

So lets discuss this please. If your interested in working together i would love some collaboration with other individuals or groups. If this is something that sparks your fire but feel like you have nothing to offer let me say this; your thoughts at the least are always welcomed!

Off the top of my head I know that I could use anyone with the following skill sets and like i said this is just a few (even if you do it for fun, no need to be a professional or credentialed) Software engineering, Radio engineering, Electronic engineering, Cad usered, product designers, Graphic artist, Abstract thinkers, Fund raisers, Promoters, Researchers, Survival enthusiasts, Drone designers/makers/mechanics Computer engineers/technicians ect.

Anyone willing to help on this project is receive recognition and or compensation depending upon your contribution and the success of the project. Im not looking for free labor or research and this project doesnt have to be a complete success to be rewarding.

So what say you guys?
edit on 6-8-2016 by Drkguardian because: typo

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Your definition of Project Odin as a real time collaboration application
already exist for SOCOM.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

Where do you think i got it from
with a few diffrences, and civilian availability. Of course none encrypted too because as im sure you may know, the fcc frowns upon encryption over ham.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

CNRs if memory serves me right.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq
Your definition of Project Odin as a real time collaboration application
already exist for SOCOM.

MrBlaq, do you know much of the version SOCOM uses? know of a link with any information? if personal knowledge can i pick your brain a bit?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So is your Project Odin a version of the fictional SkyNET ?

If you know the geographical locations of live feed webCams it would be plausible to geo-reference them all, worldwide using a Google Map API along with the web addresses.

Its even possible to write software to bypass the source code on the webpage concerning rates of refresh. Example: if the webcam updates once per minute on the webpage, then its possible to get a frame once every second. The server at their end will notice someone taking the bandwidth. However, who watches a webcams bandwidth 24/7 ?. With floating IP addresses, they cannot put a lock on your IP address as it is always changing with every usage of their camera.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Idiot in como here..are you talking about a Guerrilla net?

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
So is your Project Odin a version of the fictional SkyNET ?

If you know the geographical locations of live feed webCams it would be plausible to geo-reference them all, worldwide using a Google Map API along with the web addresses.

Its even possible to write software to bypass the source code on the webpage concerning rates of refresh. Example: if the webcam updates once per minute on the webpage, then its possible to get a frame once every second. The server at their end will notice someone taking the bandwidth. However, who watches a webcams bandwidth 24/7 ?. With floating IP addresses, they cannot put a lock on your IP address as it is always changing with every usage of their camera.

Not sure that i follow. ODIN is a system ive thrown together for use in Exploration/SaRs operations, and ideally if stored properly would still be funtional in a long term survival scenario where someone could still have alot of the stream lined communication capabilities that may be gone if cell towers and most other electronics are knocked out.

No skynet stuff here, Very litle if any AI to be used, and none weaponized lol

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Idiot in como here..are you talking about a Guerrilla net?

You know i have never really looked at it as such, but it can i guess be viewed that way.

I know that this is a long shot but say you go to a remote location, or lets say "something" has happened where current communication technology is not working well or at all, and you have this system which is tucked away properly (completed product will include storage protection in the form of shock, water, emp, fire, and dust).

This system would allow for easy and quick set up. it would include enough hardware to set up 5 people and 1 base.

Lets start at the individual level and work up to show how intertwined things can get.

ODIN for the individual operator will be able to store a mountian of information ranging from survival skills, training, lessons ect to tech manuals that include how to build things from scratch or how to repair things that can be found in everyday life.

It would include diffrent digital tools such as compasses, levels, calculators, camera/camcorder voice recorder ect, pretty much a smart device with a number of useful apps.

Even some creature comforts such as music and a game maybe.

It will record information brought in by its numerous sensors, ie, heart rate/health condition, helmet cam footage, environmental conditions via environment scanner, gps location ect. all which can be displayed in a number of fashions.

next level up would be group funtions;

ODIN on the group level would be able to take all the information listed above and be able to circulate it in real time with which ever member/s of the group you wish as well as to be able to verbally communicate with them.

Ie- A team member equipped with ODIN has become unresponsive and can not hailed on the radio, ODIN shows that they are still alive via heart rate monitor, but upon viewing the helmet cam footage from the mia operator its all black. With ODIN running like it should other team members can check the Environment scanner read outs, and have the gps location of said operator, giving a rescue or assist attempt higher chance of success.

Moving up the ladder to the homeframe level.

With a 5 man away team out exploring, searching, scavaging the homeframe can assist the team from the safety of home base, seeing, hearing and being able to communicate with the field team. While operating the home frame at a safe distance, other memebers can change and update objectives, create and manage task list on the fly, help navigate, help achieve task threw visual and verbal aid, and even provide extra security via front and rear individual operator (IO) cams or via drones (full, mini and micro sized) that either IO's or homeframe operators deploy and pilot.

Hope this gives you a better idea of what im trying to achieve with this project.

It goes further with the different drones ive designed, and the use of a field tech operator, as well as what the homebase does at home vs what it does for feild operators ect.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Drkguardian

Have you optimized size or decided on a casing yet?

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Have you optimized size or decided on a casing yet?

On the OI without all the sensors, it is looking like 3 main parts,

a Yaesu FT1DR C4FM 144/430 MHz Dual Band Digital Handheld Transceiver/equivalent, or something smaller, stronger, faster, and more effefficient.

A Wrist or chest mounted smart device, no bigger then a midsized phone.

and where those two merge ive dubbed "The box". ideally will be able to mount via molle/strike webbing or something of the sort on some LBE or vest.

The box will also have a small solar charging cell, a back up battery bank, and a rear facing cam. depending on specs no reason it cant be the size of a small Ham handheld or smaller.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Sounds like a "Landwarrior" system I have seen.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Sounds like a "Landwarrior" system I have seen.

Very much so

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The BATTERY was thing on those systems back then and the lithium fires of course.
I don't see WHY we don't have arm bracers made of metal and mil spec,It would be the best option to place a platform in a spot where a soldier could use it...slaved to a retractable armored visor in the helmet as well,for more elaborate targeting using the weapons sight,which is also linked in..

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

The BATTERY was thing on those systems back then and the lithium fires of course.
I don't see WHY we don't have arm bracers made of metal and mil spec,It would be the best option to place a platform in a spot where a soldier could use it...slaved to a retractable armored visor in the helmet as well,for more elaborate targeting using the weapons sight,which is also linked in..

That is one heck of an idea! should i get anywhere with this, that will be on the top of the list of things to attempt! Augmented reality integrated for target acquisition.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Dibs on the ones that don't work..just a shell or 2 without tech.
I noticed a company that is putting out micro thermal sights for 700.00.
CHEAP for that night vision, if a guy could mount a co-witness module for aiming on the end of the piccitinny rail it would be how you communticate to the system.
edit on 15-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Dibs on the ones that don't work..just a shell or 2 without tech.
I noticed a company that is putting out micro thermal sights for 700.00.
CHEAP for that night vision, if a guy could mount a co-witness module for aiming on the end of the piccitinny rail it would be how you communticate to the system.

link? thats not bad as long as it not digital.. much like the NVGs digital is cheaper but the quality is crap.

Absolutely if we get anywhere and have anything left over your more then welcome to it my friend. as well as credit for the visor idea. Definitely keep in contact, and if you got anymore ideas lets keep chatting.

Where you in the Cav if i may ask? Pretty decent knowledge of military equipment, good call on Landwarrior btw, had totally forgot about that lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Scout Desert Storm, Blues Scout in Korea(Air assault,LRC recon platoon)
Now a closet illustrator
www.deviantart.com...
edit on 15-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The "ark" sounds a lot like the Wayback Machine and archive.org. Its safety (and relative immunity to hacking) lies in its being hosted in a lot of places, not just one vulnerable place.

Also...there's a problem of data formats. There's a lot of abandoned word processors and so forth (databases in particular) that are almost unreadable today.

...and then there's the language problem. All languages? If so, how do you reliably search your catalogue?
edit on 15-8-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
The "ark" sounds a lot like the Wayback Machine and archive.org. Its safety (and relative immunity to hacking) lies in its being hosted in a lot of places, not just one vulnerable place.

Also...there's a problem of data formats. There's a lot of abandoned word processors and so forth (databases in particular) that are almost unreadable today.

...and then there's the language problem. All languages? If so, how do you reliably search your catalogue?

Never heard of the "wayback machine" will have to look in to it. The ARK would essentially be like a time capsule as someone else put it.

Hacking im not sure would be much of an issue since mlst of the data would be commonly found with a simple google search and not very pertinent to everyday life as we have it at our finger tips now upon request. The only variants of information stored on it would be that that is loaded on via the user such as music, movies, pics, ect person stuff.

This system i would envision would be brought out if the internet and information systems were down and out for some time due to what ever reason may occur. So having backed up cook books, repair manuals, electrical diagrams, maps of various types, medical training aids, homesteading knowledge ect would give the user an edge over the next guy without it. Throw in the family photos and some home videos and it would prove invaluable to some.

There would be various language aids, dictionaries, ect saved in the systems (and were talking 1,100 or better Terabytes, plenty of room) As well as voice/text translators, think like what google has now. Not ALL languages but the most common. As far as searching catalogs it would take some time when initially setting up say from English to Russian or Chinese but the way i look at it is this; The whole system is composed of 10 separate independent running mini computers (2x for Windows, Android, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi) and then all have access to 1 shared external HDD to the the pcs, internal to the system.

All 5 OS's would be able to run at the same time if the user wished, but only 1 of each would be functional at a time unless say a major file is corrupted and you need to reformat and reinstall w.e. os needs it, then the back up mini for that os would be booted while the original goes through its needed reinstallation. At initial setup or resetup your are usually prompted with the question of which language you would like to continue in, which is built in to most of these OS's.

Im almost certian i havent explained this well enough to show why its so complex so please allow me if you will follow to show i.e. a scenario if you will.

For w.e. reason you wake up to a major collapse or grid down situation.

You pull your Ark out, pop the lid, set up your 5 mini monitors and start booting up your 5 main units, or even just one if you wish. You now have at your finger tips a vast collection information, knowledge, designs, and some entertainment if you fancy that at the time.

Of course if you have an ARK your most likely the type of person that plans ahead, likes to be multiskilled, and hone said skills, but lets face it, your human. You forget things, or maybe you didn't get far enough into w.e training may be pertinent at this time such as oh medical, carpentry, mechanics ect.
this little guy can aid you with not only txts, but pictures, videos, charts, ect. your only hold back at this point wouldnt be from not knowing, but not being able to execute or follow direction that is done for you on screen.

Lets fast forward a bit. Things are still down Your running ARK, things form you have been not as bad as it has for some, youve got a garden growing, youve got electricity, learned "how to" alot of things thanks to ARK.

Your out and about amd find or even have people coming to you with devices that just arnt working and ask for you to see what you can do.

Lets say youve only been running the Windows or Android pcs cause that what your used to and comfortable with, but what you have infront of you is a darn Mac or Linux OS device that you want some information off of.

Your go to pc is already up so you do some research into it and find out how to go about taking out a hard drive from a device, whats needed to try and extract said data ect ect.

Not very easily if possible at all are you going to be able to accurately read that completely different oss files from the one you are comfortable on, so you boot up your Linux (or w.e. it may be closest to) mini, hook in the target device and luckly are able to start checking it out. You come acrossed alot of good information or something worth retrieving/cloning. But after some time of exploring you get a pop up saying your system has been infected or corrupted due to something you opened.

You can now prepare the current Linux system to reformat, wipe, and reinstall it self to that mini, but lets say things are time sensitive, so you boot up your 2nd (backup) Linux system, this time you know what files you are after, since being able to explore with the earlier system, your in and out without problem all while your other system restores it self to the previous working functional state.

That was fun exploring new stuff but your an Andriod guy so back to your comfort system, thank ARK for the flexibility of the system though, you just got some things on trade for helping someone out, or got new tunes to listen to, or w.e. the case maybe for going into the outside device.

There are a multitude of other functions that ARK would be able to preform but ill leave that to the imagination for now.

If youve cared to read all this i know its alot, and i have left something out or youd like to converse on it more, id love to, i can talk about this day in and day out. Aswell as my other wishful projects which i believe the only other main one that i left out would be project Orion, which is plans for a personal aviation vehicle

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join