It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only our clocks 1 hour behind.. Feb 7 & 27, 2016

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'm not quite sure where a topic like this would go, so I'm just going to throw it in the grey area and hope for the best

WARNING: my images might be huge, sorry, i don't know how to resize them..

When my boyfriend and I first started to grab late-night dinner and a diner not far from where we live, something strange started to happen. At first it was just a strange (not bad) feeling that I'd met him somewhere before. The bad part is that our phones would go back an hour.

If it was 2am, our phones would display 1am. It happened 2 separate times at ONLY this location and ONLY when we were there alone together. We went as far as to ask other patrons for the time on their watches and phones, check with the waitress and the hostess' times and the computer system the diner used. All of those said the correct time. Only our two phones said an hour earlier. It would continue that way until around 5 minutes down the road, then it would be back to normal. Both times it happened - the first time VERY vividly - I experienced deja vu, became dull and very very tired. My boyfriend didn't say he felt anything strange, just joked about him being an alien messing with our phones. The second time I experienced the deja vu I let him know that I didn't feel safe on that road anymore.

Our phones could not tell us where we were - just showed us we were Vernon, NJ - but none of the clocks could tell us where we were.. all 1 hour ahead or behind when we tried other locations.

It didn't happen when we were there with other people around the same time. Only when it was just us.

I told everyone I could about it and asked them if it happened to them at all, but they didn't have anything to say.

I have screenshots of a conversation with my Mom the first time and close friend the next, as well as a screenshot of the compass on my phone at that moment and a screenshot of my screensaver with the time on it... I'll try to post those here, for what it's worth.

The diner burned down a few weeks after we were there, supposedly on purpose.

Article about the diner burning down

FEB 7, 2016

FEB 27, 2016

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Phones by default sync time with the tower they are connected to. Different cell providers use different towers, even different phone models on the same provider can use different towers then each other.

You're two phones were connecting to a different tower then the other patrons.

Sometimes phones fail to run the sync action which would explain why it didn't do it at other times in the same location, also explainable if a different tower was newly in range those times, such as if one had been off for maintenence some of the times

(Source): I'm a former T-mobile tech support employee

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

a reply to: oblivvious

Our phones could not tell us where we were -

Apparently, you reached the Nexus of the Universe....

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: oblivvious

In short, your carrier and the location of their towers are the problem, not exactly your phones. I had the same problem with my carrier on a recent trip to Nevada from Texas. Times either didn't change or were wrong. Two weeks after returning to Texas my phone set it self back to Nevada time! --Nothing really mysterious but bad service to your location.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

Okay, so if it's connected to a different tower does that mean it would be connected to that same tower in other areas? It didn't happen anywhere else in Vernon, only in that diner. I'm not familiar with the way the towers are positioned or work!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ShadowChatter

hahahaha

top topics

join