It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump caves to GOP endorses Paul Ryan, John McCain and Kelly Ayotte

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It looks like at least for the moment the GOP has put the leash back on Trump. Trump endordses Ryan He even read a prepared statement which they no doubt demanded so he could not wander to far off subject and start attacking some random group. It seems like the polls have for the moment acted as a come to Jesus moment for Trump. For GOP support and. any sort of chance, they are going to put him on a shot leash, control the message and likely keep him from being himself. Who knows how long that will last and if it will do any good.

Trump is so easy to bait that it will take a lot of people to keep him under control and trying to act like a leader something he is polling terrible at. Attacks from Vets (former supporters) are coming at him more and more. Will he keep his mouth shut? Will it do any good? This will be interesting to watch. This had to kill him but, he got through it without losing it so it is a start. Will a new GOP controlled Trump bring back the GOP voters he needs so bad? His supported will not care, they never do. So in one last desperate move for Trump, the plan will be not to be Trump. Can he pull it off?
edit on 5-8-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Maybe a VALIUM or something...

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Maybe a VALIUM or something...

I think he just sees the polls and knows he needs the GOP to back him completely. I just do not know how long the two sides can pretend to stand each other.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I saw the press conference. To his credit, Trump did say he didn't agree with Ryan on everything, and seemed to admit he was going to need GOP support to be an effective President.

+4 more 
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Bernie endorses Hillary and the left tried to call him a hero.

Trump endorses Ryan and he caves.

I wish people would make up their damned minds.

link   

Exactly. Trump is learning. That's a good thing. Americans want a change of direction, but without another train-wreck.

edit on 8/5/2016 by carewemust because: typo

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Not me.
I think he never got used to biting his tongue.
EVER.
edit on 5-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Now really, is the GOP leashing Trump? Or is the billionaire playing ball and saying check?

People like Trump do not get where they are by being stupid.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I thought Trump was the GOP candidate... why would it be shocking to support fellow GOP candidates?

No doubt that he has beef's with some within the party... and he may kowtow to some of those in the party to keep them off his back.

There's no love lost, he knows the establishment, and he wants to change their influence on what gets done in DC...

There's a hell of a lot of folks who need to be gone in DC, and that includes folks on both sides of the aisle...

It's kinda obvious when a candidate threatens the system... you have life long establishment folks, who have never voiced their preference, jump their own ship and endorse the opposing party candidate....

THey think us hillbillies, and rednecks won't recognize the scurrying of roaches trying to run to the "safe place"

THey are wrong...

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Endorsed Ryan for reelection. And all the other scumbags, too. They can still ridicule him but he's done the 'endorsement' bit.

"It's time to change a rigged political system that works only for the insiders and to replace it with a government that serves the people," Trump said.

What about it GOP? Any challenges to the corruption evident in the election process?

crickets...

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
So the establishment has more control over Trump than he wants? I don't think he fooled anyone with that endorsement.
It's just a matter of time until he lashes out at those that want to control him and finishes off the GOP for good as the Right wing supports him and the moderates bail...

I'm calling cheeze....

edit on 5-8-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Maybe Trump did a deal with Ryan regarding one of his pet hates, take the TPP off the table for his support? Could be wrong just something I read today on social media.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Well Ive just heard the Tokyo Rose audio tapes of Mc Cain in Vietnam so Trump will probably tick off more vets by supporting Mr ISIS(sorry moderate rebels all 5 of them),Paul Ryan is a globalist so that puts into doubt whether Trump will do anything about trade treaties and the Republican elite will still work behind his back to give Hillary the election Cruz met Hillary,Obama and Jarrett late July,Graham hates him in fact no one can get just about any Republican Senator to say much about Trump at all so yes he has folded but they are going to screw him anyway.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Sanders lost, the only move he had to get his platform on the table was to endorse Clinton and he said he would do so from the beginning. Sanders did exactly what he said he would do.

Trump won and because of his own incompetence now has to eat crow and be a good boy. He felt free to thumb his nose at the GOP until poll numbers started rolling after his latest tantrums. The polls must have scared him enough to do as he was told. Endorse his favorite targets. Now if McCain or Ryan bait Trump the entire thing will fall apart. I do not see this lasting. He is unable to keep his mouth shut because his skin is so thin. Somebody will bait and he will back in crazy town again.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metropolis1927
Maybe Trump did a deal with Ryan regarding one of his pet hates, take the TPP off the table for his support? Could be wrong just something I read today on social media.

It does not seem likely any deal involving Ryan was made as his camp has not responded. The GOP likely forced Trumps hand hoping that Ryan and McCain will respond in kind. If they had a deal Ryan would have responded in a positive way right away. Right now he is likely thinking about his options while letting Trump sweat for awhile.
edit on 6-8-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I can only imagine Trump thinking, "Once I get in, F all these guys...." and Ryan thinking, "If we let this guy in, reward him with the White House, he's not going to listen to anything."

This is one of those bad relationships, like a dangerous abusive one, where you play nice, to calm down the crazy person, and quietly gain the support of friends and allies while you plan an exit for the crazy one. I don't see them letting him anywhere near the White House. Just my gut feeling...
edit on 6-8-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Both Trump and Bernie made the right move if they want to see their agenda through. Whether that's the right move for the country or not I don't know, but it's the right move for them.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

Sanders lost, the only move he had to get his platform on the table was to endorse Clinton and he said he would do so from the beginning. Sanders did exactly what he said he would do.

Trump won and because of his own incompetence now has to eat crow and be a good boy. He felt free to thumb his nose at the GOP until poll numbers started rolling after his latest tantrums. The polls must have scared him enough to do as he was told. Endorse his favorite targets. Now if McCain or Ryan bait Trump the entire thing will fall apart. I do not see this lasting. He is unable to keep his mouth shut because his skin is so thin. Somebody will bait and he will back in crazy town again.

Trump has some long term problems here. He created a moments peace, but there's no long term loyalty. If they push Hillary out there's nothing to unite against. No policy, no ideology, no people. Trump right now, should he win, is facing a very hostile congress.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
I can only imagine Trump thinking, "Once I get in, F all these guys...." and Ryan thinking, "If we let this guy in, reward him with the White House, he's not going to listen to anything."

This is one of those bad relationships, like a dangerous abusive one, where you play nice, to calm down the crazy person, and quietly gain the support of friends and allies while you plan an exit for the crazy one. I don't see them letting him anywhere near the White House. Just my gut feeling...

I love it. Putting the drama aside, I like watching how they're trying to force everyone to work together. It's a good view of what it takes to make Congress work.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Trump endorsed McCain? How do people think he is anything different then?

“I have met with these brave fighters [Ansar al-Sharia], and they are not Al-Qaeda. To the contrary: They are Libyan patriots who want to liberate their nation. We should help them do it.” - Senator John McCain in Benghazi, Libya April 22, 2011.

That's treason in my book. Endorsing a traitor makes you what?
edit on 6-8-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join