It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Who Stood Up To Munich Shooter Now Facing Prosecution For 'INSULTING Killer!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: ColCurious
I've read that people were told not to fly German flags as it might upset immigrants.

There is actually alot more "Schwarz-Rot-Gold" on the streets nowadays than for a long, long time.

How much German culture are you willing to let die to accommodate or avoid offending others?

None.
Especially not our sense of pragmatism and our "sine ira et studio" approach, and not the fundamental values our country is based upon - and that cost us so much. German culture is actually not dieing.

How can Americans be proud of their country while Germans are told not to be proud of theirs?

We are. Maybe we should be a little more at times - maybe you should be a little less.

But you have to understand... you're right about some of the kind words you've said about this land and people (thank you for that) we NEED to act with calm and restraint, always, because we're a peaceful people, until we're not.

You ask what excessive nationalism means...it would mean to let it devour our guiding principles - while patriotism on the other hand strives to uphold same principles (like our constitutional law).
When we let pride build up to the idea of absolute superiority and exceptionalism - while fear makes us blind for the truth at the same time - the abyss is near.
edit on 6-8-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

From the links it is unclear what he will be charged with. I suspect because of the verbal exchange he "got up close" to the killer. Now if the killer was "Manchurian Candidate" fulfilling some agenda, I suspect the witness is being harassed to keep his mouth shut. Who knows?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

Yeah, well, I witnessed all the crazed Globalist SJW's in the UK running mad with EU propaganda slandering techniques their countrymen who voted for BREXIT; labeling them all "racists" "xenophobes" etc etc lumped in with various other hate fueled insults.

This is the very stuff I've been so staunchly criticizing in this thread.

It's their very kind of logic that has insulting people illegal in Germany; giving people dirty looks can bring assault convictions in the UK.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious
You ask what excessive nationalism means...it would mean to let it devour our guiding principles - while patriotism on the other hand strives to uphold same principles (like our constitutional law).

You do have a lot of point with this sort of argument, something which I've been fighting here for over a decade.

But now that I see what this PC / Globalist / SJW stuff is turning into, Nu-Nazism, this stuff is worse than anything outside of Nazism / totalitarian Communism / "Islamofascism".

I always hated that Islamofascism term, but the crazy Neocon's actually got it right... we're er rather Europe is now seeing.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

About three-quarters of the German population actually oppose TTIP, while two-thirds of the U.S. population don't even know what TTIP is.

Almost 50% don´t know or not enough to have any opinion on it at all. Even if it will affect them more then us on many levels.

To back that up:
www.thelocal.de...
www.reuters.com...

But let´s get back to topic

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

Germany isn't commiting suicide. And Chancellor Merkel isn't Germany either (which is what you're probably implying).
Patriotism in Germany means standing up against excessive nationalism - something your nation yet has to learn.
You'll get there soon though. No child left behind and all.

Remember, we're dealing with the fallout of YOUR foreign policy here...

Our foreign policy? Germany has paramilitary groups in Syria, and has been fighting the war on terrorism for a decade.

And we need to learn about excessive nationalism? We did, in WW2.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: twfau
This thread should have been closed after this brief bout of sanity.
Where the hell's the mod?
Or are you. ATS, actively trying to spread malicious, useless information?

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Our foreign policy? Germany has paramilitary groups in Syria, and has been fighting the war on terrorism for a decade.

Yes, but German politicians (aswell as our m. intel people) warned Washington more than once about the implications of your unwise meddling. Alas, they never listen. Almost as if they have no real interest in winning against Daesh.

There is also no doubt history will tell that the entire ME-mess was a child of your PNAC-madmen.

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

And we need to learn about excessive nationalism? We did, in WW2.

Your greatest generation knew indeed. Seems like they didn't pass their knowledge on to the next generations is all.
edit on 13-8-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Evidence or it´s a blatant lie!

Germany has paramilitary groups in Syria,

Ask yourself, why Germany is even involved! Maybe it was the US ringing doorbells after 9/11?
I vividly remember the warmongering back then. Now you dare to say we (germans) have our fingers in it? That´s bull#, the only reason why we are involved in all that crap was your president ringing doorbells and demanding help.

I remember all too good. The german bundeswehr in afghanistan had an area to controll that was half the size of germany. Where is the US now? It´s always the same. Bomb the place into a #heap and let the rest of the world clean it up!!!!

I´m also fed up of other forum members entertaining the idea to send military "help" into germany! Outrageous. The only thing the US needs from germany is their technology and canon fodder. See the incident in the 80s where a munich invented a way to manufacture pointed lenses, the patent was sacked and a year later the poor guy had an heart attack.

And it´s not like american soldiers were angels in WW2. Weeks after the war had ended, fighter plane pilots still "had a blast" hunting down people on the fields with their TOP GUNS. The general consens is that "the american" needs wars to fuel his economy. This is not a conspiracy theory, it was widely acknowledged. Around 2002. Because everyone knew that Irak, then Iran and then Syria was the next. Well the Iran part did not play out..

edit on 13-8-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join