It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil police use tear gas, stun grenades at Rio protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Brazilian riot police used tear gas and stun grenades to disperse a small protest near the Maracana stadium that will host Friday's opening ceremony for the Olympic Games, Reuters television images showed.

The protest, which grouped a few hundred people according to a Reuters witness, was against corruption and overspending on the Olympic Games, which are taking place during Brazil's worst economic downturn in decades.

Brazil police use tear gas, stun grenades at Rio protest

Protests are underway in Rio against the Olympics for ignoring the fact that Rio is going through an economic recession. Last report showed around 3000 protesters.

Not finding much from the MSM, not that they would tarnish the façade.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Not much is in the MSN right now. Did you see the post just now about Snowden?

I have a bad feeling right now... cold war i'm not sure.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Not much is in the MSN right now. Did you see the post just now about Snowden?

I have a bad feeling right now... cold war i'm not sure.

Personally I don't fear for a cold war. M.A.D. would negate TPTB's pissing match. Maybe with the exception of NK's child leader. Besides, there's tons of money to be made keeping populations scared.

I perused the big 3 for info on Rio and nada. Clyde Lewis is reporting on it but I'm not sure where he's getting his feed.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

More info: Link

Just 24 hours before the opening ceremony of the Rio Olympics, police have been forced to use tear-gas and rubber bullets to clear protesters from the path of the Olympic torch through a poor suburb of Rio de Janeiro. As The Guardian reports, police said anti-government protesters in Duque de Caixas, on Rio’s north side, threw rocks and blocked the torch’s path; and 3 people (including a 10-year-old girl) were injured.

Videos also in the link above.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I'm hoping it's nothing. I'm not afraid but it does make me uneasy, i wouldn't want to live through a WWIII scenario.

NK's Kim jong un however a small threat, at this point anyways. Even if he's a nutcase i couldn't see dough boy doing that.

Rio has had a couple incidents, the one you just mentioned and the Russian gunman incident.

Wow this stuff just keeps on coming now, daily.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

They knew going through having the Olympics in Rio would have complications. The hoops the MSM are jumping through to suppress this is nothing short of amazing.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Anti-Trump protesters would sweep the Obnoxious Protestor Events.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Aug 6th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

(post by csgovip removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: csgovip
Persons wouldn't rank Persons CSGO Keys involve at the moment acceptable which unfortunately provided that Persons qualification so it seemed to be wise. Persons involve all 5: 3 in the course of CS and in some cases in relation to try to aces "Aspect ratio" whilst in the NVIDIA Ascendancy Photovoltaic range electric powered, anything Persons contemplate persons come to a fut packs decision in order to complete to make Blackbars.

Any chance of a mod removing this garbage, and putting the poster on a "banned" list?

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Police in rio do not mess around. That is not a place I would choose to protest. Protesters will be injured.

(post by kritika33 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
These people are stupid so they protest because the economy is louse ?
By hosting them the city will make 20 times the cost back and then some and if done correctly could bring long tearm business to the city's .
Its a little short sited to stop it when it means money for every one .

new topics

top topics

join