It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive New Leak From Edward Snowden Expected Soon

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Since someone mentioned RATS, some comic relief seemed in order about now:

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Thought you may want to see this.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I suspect this is blowing up into something much bigger than was ever intended. My wild guess.... "it's time" is Snowden signaling to several people who are close to him that his time in Russia will soon come to an end. Whether that means it's onto another country or home to face the music...who knows? Only a guess.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: elouina

What a stupid thing to say, #2.

"Some tweets have a private meeting" Ugh, what? What the # did you tweet if for you twat?

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

One must assume that the Russian SVR and FSB have entire control over Snowden's accounts and life.

This may be exactly that, a Cold War spy vs spy message, SVR or FSB taunting the US authorities---and of course using Snowden's account is just the 'in your face' to do it.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
So, if this is The key to Those files... Could it be that he now has nothing left to hold onto to save his life? The bad guys now have no reason not to go after him with everything theyve got?

Did Edward Snowden just sacrifice his life for humanity? Or is this only one key to one batch of files, each batch of an increasing level of damage to the establisment, and he still has some higher level goodies worth letting him live for?

link   
So, if this is The key to Those files... Could it be that he now has nothing left to hold onto to save his life? The bad guys now have no reason not to go after him with everything theyve got?

Did Edward Snowden just sacrifice his life for humanity? Or is this only one key to one batch of files, each batch of an increasing level of damage to the establisment, and he still has some higher level goodies worth letting him live for?

link   
a reply to: Detergent

No, the stuff Snowden leaked (really Greenwald who made the decisions not Snowden what to leak) was not what anybody in US government wanted. There was simply no upside.

There are three letter agencies outside the USA who have their own agendas as well. Don't assume US intelligence is uniquely duplicitous, in fact assume they are less creative and more bureaucratic than others. Their primary advantage is a very large budget for computer hardware and satellites, that's it.

Putin wants Trump elected, no question. And not because he cares about the common man in the US, but because he thinks Trump's thin skinned ignorance and volatility will hurt relationships between US and NATO and diffuse any unity of will, giving Russia more freedom to act in Mideast, Ukraine and Baltics.
edit on 7-8-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Does anyone realize that if we elect this corrupt Hillary, that nations will be blackmailing her though out her Presidency for the things she's done!? Hardly a good situation for her or the USA.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Did Edward Snowden just sacrifice his life for humanity?

He already did sacrifice his life for humanity. He gave up a great future, wealth and privilege for what he believed was right. Now I appreciate other people see it differently and consider him a traitor or opportunist. Nevertheless, he threw his life under the bus to improve our futures.

The implication of his tweet being a 'dead man's switch' is he's already dead. That's what they're for. Maybe he had a system that required a daily input? No input triggers a tweet and the dead man's switch is activated.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

8/14/2016 - Remember The Cube That Was Placed On The Georgia Guidestones, Then Removed?

14th Aug 2016- something big going down? False flag or the beginning of the great cull? Reducing world Pop to 500 million?

Some incident between the Chinese and the US military?

Only 1 week to spend my money on hedonistic pursuits...

Do I or don't I take the whole week off from work...decisions, decisions

(post by TheConstruKctionofLight removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Thanks for that..I found this interesting when looking into Stephen Cohen newcoldwar.org...

newcoldwar.org...

The propaganda war with Putin By Renee Parsons, CounterPunch, Aug 4, 2016

If it had not already been apparent, the net effect of the DNC email hack has been to kick open the door to a deep American antagonism towards Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Hillary Clinton appearing on ‘Fox News Sunday’ on July 31, 2016 In what has become an old fashioned American pile-on, President Barack Obama, Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, the Democratic Party and what seems the entire political establishment as well as the MSM, have united to undermine Putin as if to prime the American public for war with Russia.

War is, after all, more successful when the people have been thoroughly programmed. For instance, for a war-weary American public ‘we are bombing civilians out of a humanitarian necessity’ may work well. If necessary, a little hysteria wouldn’t hurt but most of all, a necessary requirement is to efficiently tutor the public consciousness to despise the adversary. In this case, Clinton has identified Putin as the adversary and that he is one evil reincarnation of Adolf Hitler.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: elouina

What a stupid thing to say, #2.

"Some tweets have a private meeting" Ugh, what? What the # did you tweet if for you twat?

I assumed the tweet was intentionally made public, for a private purpose. An example being that Snowden would publicly release a code intended for the private use of select individuals. Someone asked Gellman in that Twitter chain why Snowden would publicly announce the code and not send it privately, and Gellman simply replied 'metadata'.
edit on 7-8-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

No, the stuff Snowden leaked (really Greenwald who made the decisions not Snowden what to leak) was not what anybody in US government wanted. There was simply no upside.

There are three letter agencies outside the USA who have their own agendas as well. Don't assume US intelligence is uniquely duplicitous, in fact assume they are less creative and more bureaucratic than others. Their primary advantage is a very large budget for computer hardware and satellites, that's it.

Putin wants Trump elected, no question. And not because he cares about the common man in the US, but because he thinks Trump's thin skinned ignorance and volatility will hurt relationships between US and NATO and diffuse any unity of will, giving Russia more freedom to act in Mideast, Ukraine and Baltics.

Nice pragmatism - i agree.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

American assets or at least American-friendly Afghans who somehow deserve to die because Assange things "they deserve it." Where is their jury? The Taliban?? I don't know all the details on this, but it seems to demonstrate the psychology of a man who has been corrupted by his own power...(imo)

Their jury? - first you have to demonstrate that the US & Australia et al is interfering in Afghanistan for some "noble cause" and not for oil, or control of the drug trade or other goodies...

The "allies" military are simply the the enforcer arm of the Western Klepto corporations that run the dialectic

www.zmescience.com...

Afghanistan has always been regarded has a very mineral-rich country, however recent surveys reveal that the country is actually home to even more resources than previously thought. For instance, copper, cobalt, iron, barite, sulfur, lead, silver, zinc, niobium abound in the country and, most importantly, some 1.4 million metric tons of rare earth elements (REEs) are believed to be lie beneath Afghan soil. U.S. agencies estimate Afghanistan’s mineral deposits to be worth upwards of $1 trillion and in fact, aclassified Pentagon memo called Afghanistan the “Saudi Arabia of lithium.” It’s worth mentioning though that lithium isn’t technically a rare earth mineral, but it falls more or less in the same class since it’s used for the same purposes as REEs.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

as the nuclear option must be something so mind blowing that it holds the Publics attention for longer than 5 minutes like the snake

That maybe David Icke was right - serpent race are our overlords?

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Perhaps he is looking at the place he loved enough to be exiled from in order to enlighten, appalled at the state of play, and has decided to burn his insurance policy, so to speak. I am certain that he has other information at his disposal than what we have seen in his releases. He probably held onto it and formed some sort of dead mans switch type situation, where in the event of his death, disappearance, something happening to his family, the information would be released.

Perhaps he is going to release that more sensitive data, in response to the fact that the democracy and transparency he is utterly committed to, is in such horrific danger from BOTH the candidates involved with the election process at the moment?

I for one am curious to see what the upshot of this is.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

No, the stuff Snowden leaked (really Greenwald who made the decisions not Snowden what to leak) was not what anybody in US government wanted. There was simply no upside. ...

Maybe. Consider that sometimes the "upside" is not having the information come out in some other more damaging way.

Also consider that not all who work in the three letter agencies are bad guys. There are also good guys. A couple of years ago, on a different subject on a different board, I pointed out an interesting bit of hidden factual information. I got a very cryptic reply which I guess was from a TLA troll. I've kept it.

When you find the Easter Egg it is because someone has left it there for you to find.

Every NSA guy works for the man, but not every NSA guy believes in him.

If you really want to bury the truth you burn the books, usually along with the Author.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I would love Snowden to go proper old school and use the old Russian "Buzzer" Number station for the big information leak.. Or at least to transmit the codes, it would save a lot of people running 40 proxy servers. Then have special people in long brown jackets smoking at set locations with folders marked "Top Secret".. You walk up and say something like.

I need a parrot, they reply "oh you like pirates of the Caribbean do you?", you then reply, No not really but I would tea bag knightly if I had to..

You walk off with the documents..

RA

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join