It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best guitar player?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

if you love it then it is awesome but i must say. i listened for about 90 seconds and i didnt hear anything that had any musical value.
just me

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

John Entwistle.

Next question.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Now there's a distinction I wasn't prepared to make.
I guess I'd go with Andre Olbrich of Blind Guardian fame.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
a reply to: buster2010

Robert Johnson was a drunk hobo and anyone telling you that out of tune guitar is the best ever doesn't have ears

So Eric Clapton doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to playing the guitar? Clapton was practically obsessed with trying to play like Johnson.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Yeah Clapton and the stones were both hugely influenced by early American blues cultures

Some of those players said more with one note than other people could do with the entire scale :-/

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
John5

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natch1986
John5

sorry but hahahahh.

i have been thinking about this a lot. as i said...frank zappa is my personal favorite but he was no virtuoso. he was not 'the best'....he was amazing and my favorite guitar player and in my opinion the greatest composer that has ever lived.

as far as the best. i really think guthrie govan is the best, most accomplished player that has ever touched the guitar. i am not going to bother posting videos and all that. if people are into it all you have to do is hit youtube.
the aristocrats 'boing, we do it live' is amazing. it is 3 hours of 3 of the best musicians in the world.

so that is my answer. the best player is guthrie. he is a true virtuoso. his music theory goes as deep as the damn trench.
so if youre a music fan and want to hear some new stuff......look up guthrie.

matter of fact he is on the G3 right now with vai, satriani, and mike kenelly(that is spelled wrong...mike played with frank zappa for years)

guthrie is only on the european leg of G3 tour but the vids are already popping up on youtube.

he plays perfect every time. it is kind of amazing really

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
i lied. here is a little instructional

funky blues

paul gilbert and guthrie. about halfway in they do a really nice call and response. the tone that guthrie rocks is amazing

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join