It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Just Endorsed Ryan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
...and I think he may have just lost a big portion of his base.
Those who know me, know I was supporting Trump.
NOW...and after watching his speech tonight and seeing him speak out against Washington insiders...only to announce his endorsement of Paul Ryan,...I am having second thoughts.

I may still vote for him...if only to do my part to stop Hillary Clinton...but, tonight, my enthusiasm for Trump just went down substantially.

I will continue to speak OUT against crooked Hillary Clinton...but, for now, I won't be enthusiastically speaking UP for Donald Trump.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
He really needs to justify this.

Ryan has shown he (Ryan) is a RINO several times.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Which I don't understand to begin with. When did nominees start endorsing the speaker of house? I just find it odd. What difference does it make in the long run? I thought Congress elected SOTH. Am I mistaken? What's a nominee got to do with it?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ryan, McCain and Ayotte can now trash Trump with impunity.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

But you know Trump can retract that as quickly as he gave it. So again, how does his endorsement have value?
Is it just a symbolic olive branch? Or what?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

When did nominees start endorsing the speaker of house? I just find it odd.

Ryan is running to keep his congressional seat. If he loses his state election to keep his seat, Speaker of the House won't mean a thing.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
He had to...

He needs the RNC. Now they must support them.

He was ignorant to McCain.

Ryan is the golden boy.

You can't change this Country by yourself.

link   
Looks like the come to Jesus meeting with Newt and Priebus worked it's majic. But the GOP is still damaged goods thanks to Donald. Can they unite the party by November....I don't think so.

It's the neocon military industrial complex that despises Trump because he can't be trusted. His problems are just beginning!!!
edit on 5-8-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   
Paul Ryan is running for reelection as a Representative in Wisconsin. He is currently Speaker of the House.

I don't see what all the fuss is bout, to be honest.

Out of all the people running for reelection right now, Paul Ryan is probably one of the more level headed members of the GOP in Washington.

So IAMTAT, I don't understand your frustration. To me, this is just business as usual.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

When did nominees start endorsing the speaker of house? I just find it odd.

Ryan is running to keep his congressional seat. If he loses his state election to keep his seat, Speaker of the House won't mean a thing.

OH THAT little detail! lol! (Duh, and duh). That position seems so infinitely powerful. I forget it's humble beginnings.

(thanks ww)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

But you know Trump can retract that as quickly as he gave it. So again, how does his endorsement have value?
Is it just a symbolic olive branch? Or what?

He was booed when he endorsed. I'm sure his supporters are going to let him hear about their disappointment in this decision.
I received a fundraising letter from the Trump campaign today...I wrote a check to mail out this weekend.
The letter and the check were sitting beside my computer...as I watched his rally live (it's still on).

When he announced the endorsement...I tore the check up.
He'll still get my vote...probably...but, for now, he won't get my money.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ryan had to endorse Trump for the party. Trump endorsing Ryan to hang on to the party...

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ryan has shown he (Ryan) is a RINO several times.

WOW. Just how do you define a Republican? Must be by your own very very narrow arch-conservative standards.
I was under the impression that Ryan took that job almost against his will. A number of others were asked before him and they all turned it down. He, humbly so in my opinion, offered a number of conditions that would be acceptable to the rest of the party if he were to step up and assume the role. They did and he did. Now, just because he is doing what he can with that shambles of a party, to hold it at least to the moral standards to which he ascribes he is lampooned by those who think themselves to be the only true standard of conservatism.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Paul Ryan is running for reelection as a Representative in Wisconsin. He is currently Speaker of the House.

I don't see what all the fuss is bout, to be honest.

Out of all the people running for reelection right now, Paul Ryan is probably one of the more level headed members of the GOP in Washington.

So IAMTAT, I don't understand your frustration. To me, this is just business as usual.

I'm AGAINST business as usual.
And yes I'm frustrated.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Paul Ryan has the same problem Hilary has. He's not liked on-sight.

Nehlen is gonna cream him in the elections.

It's a safe endorsement for Trump. But, what it says to the broader Republican base is, "Hey ... no punishment for you when I'm in office or when you Leave office.

link   
I like how he hung Ryan out to hang for a while like Ryan did to him. Payback is a bitch. He had to endorse him to save political face though. I really do not get this "endorsing" crap anyway. Such superficial crap.

link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yeah, that's about the gist of it, from both sides. Politics. But somehow I do not think the battle within the RP is close to over.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: IAMTAT

Which I don't understand to begin with. When did nominees start endorsing the speaker of house? I just find it odd. What difference does it make in the long run? I thought Congress elected SOTH. Am I mistaken? What's a nominee got to do with it?

Ryan is up for re-election. He's having a hard time. Trump needed to endorse him. It's reasonable for him to have done so. It's an attempt to unite the GOP. For Trump to have done this, given what the GOP has done to him, is a magnanimous move on his part. For God's sake don't have "second thoughts" on Trump because he did this. We're not trying to kill off the GOP here. Ryan is a lot better speaker than that clown Boehner ever was.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Well it seems to be true, in fact this video is in advance. You wonder why Trumps reappraisal? not really, in fact Trump does exactly what Ryan suggested Trump should be doing....demonising Hilary.
BTW Girl analyst in red is talking crap, the other girl is more realistic

edit on 5-8-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

...and I think he may have just lost a big portion of his base.
Those who know me, know I was supporting Trump.
NOW...and after watching his speech tonight and seeing him speak out against Washington insiders...only to announce his endorsement of Paul Ryan,...I am having second thoughts.

I may still vote for him...if only to do my part to stop Hillary Clinton...but, tonight, my enthusiasm for Trump just went down substantially.

I will continue to speak OUT against crooked Hillary Clinton...but, for now, I won't be enthusiastically speaking UP for Donald Trump.

Trump is trying to shut up the establishment republicans by endorsing their golden boy. Personally i think he would have been better off supporting nehlans whose platform is more in line aith Trump. NEHLAN is against TPP and ryan supports it. Trump says he is aganst Tpp.

I dont give a crap about the establishment on either side. Both are selling out the country.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join