It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: English Police Advise Using WD-40 To Prevent Snorting Cocaine Off Of Toilets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Police in Bristol, England, have advised pub owners to spray WD-40 on thier toilets and flat surfaces in the bathroom to prevent coc aine snorting. It appears that the all purpose lubricant and coc aine are a poor mix. A spokesman for the company had this to say "Its not meant to be ingested. It says so clearly on the can so we wouldn't advocate it for that purpose. But people will use it how they will"

story.news.yahoo.com
LONDON (Reuters) - The makers of the handy spray lubricant WD-40 proudly list 2,000 uses for their product, from unsticking rusty screws or squeaky bicycle chains to polishing frying pans.

But British police have found another -- keeping the public from snorting coc aine off toilet lids in bars.

Police in the English city of Bristol said Tuesday they have been advising pub and nightclub owners to spray the colorless lubricant on toilet seats and other flat surfaces in the lavatory that customers often use to snort drugs.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well, there are alot of reasons for surfaces to be slippery in a bathroom but I would have never expected that WD-40 would be on the front lines of the war on drugs. As the police said its a cheap way to prevent the causal user from snorting up in the bar's bathroom. However, a hardcore user will find a way.

[edit on 1/19/05 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
LOL! I bet more people will be injured by slippery surfaces in the bathroom than by coc aine abuse...don't most people just snort it off their hand or something? This is ridiculous!

[edit on 1/19/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
sounds like a funny practical joke to me.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think I would be highly disturbed if I was using a stool and sat on a seat covered with lubricant.

Sounds a lot easier than the police actually catching drug users, though. Of course more money could be made if they legalize drugs, but then the prison corporations would complain.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
I think I would be highly disturbed if I was using a stool and sat on a seat covered with lubricant.

ben, I thought your avatar was some guy in his "office"

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I always knew good old 'War Department 40' was the greatest invention of all time
, its also good for cleaning out guitar tone pots btw

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
LOL! I bet more people will be injured by slippery surfaces in the bathroom than by coc aine abuse...don't most people just snort it off their hand or something? This is ridiculous!

Yeah. Whatever happened to snorting it off of a hunting knife anyway?

Wasn't it Steven Wright who said "I don't do coc aine. I just like the way it smells."

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
First, I did not know that coc aine druggies use toilet seats to snort their powder. How unsanitary can you get?

As to the cops and bar owners who do this, how stupid can you get! Or, maybe this shows how stupid the police in England think their pub-hopping public is. Such contempt. Unbelievable.

Last time I used a toilet at a place of public accomodation they had paper towels. I once used them to wipe water off my hands and to wipe water drips off the counter surface (so the next user would have a clear surface - it's called consideration of others). All but a brain-dead drug user will notice the smell and shiny appearance of WD-40 and will grab a paper towel or toilet paper to wipe it off!

What of the non-drug sniffing public? Now they have to contend with WD-40 coated toilet seats, get it on their hand and clothes, and maybe slip and fall head-first into the latrine? Sounds like a hefty slip-and-fall lawsuit just waiting to happen.

[edit on 1/19/2005 by dubiousone]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
If you're determined enough to kneel down on a bar's disgusting bathroom floor to do a few lines, I'm sure you'd find a way...

new topics

top topics

join