It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Tubal Cain revered by Masons?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muffenstuff
You skirted my whole OP by changing the subject to David and Pythagoras.

Uh, no, I did not, Skirty, the first thing I said is that we Masons do not 'revere' Tubalcain so I in fact nullified your Original Post. Other phrases would be, rendered it moot, dismissed it in toto, invalidated its premise, etc.

You like that word huh?

What word?

edit on 10-8-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer becasue he left it in the ladies room

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I apologize for not being dumb enough to fall for your lame tactics, but despite the fact that you will obviously out of spite say I am, I am not dumb.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

...I am not dumb.

Someone doth protest too much.

If it is any consolation, I think you are sooper smart.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Wouldn't it be nice to debate someone on Freemaonry who has actually studied it for more than 2 minutes.

Instead, there's threads like these which try to make the most arbitrary connections.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
Wouldn't it be nice to debate someone on Freemaonry who has actually studied it for more than 2 minutes.

The ones that actually do study it do not want to discuss absurd premises and rather tend to go in the direction of exploring the history of both the group and the symbolism.

You know, grown up topics.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

a reply to: kibric
Yes.

AMORC ?

Got any Alchemist's among you ?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I concur.

I've had some very interesting debates in the past over the history and symbolism of/in freemasonry. Even had piles of books out with said people.

Normally it ends in a beer and some light hearted jokes.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I wonder if Masons revere L Ron Hubbard too?

Because I have only witnessed this level of smug denial from the camp of Scientologists, who act astonishingly similar whenever questions about their beliefs are brought up to them. The sassing, the (in your minds at least) mockery used to distract from what people know that they don't like.

Are you guys related fraternally to Scientology or do you just emulate their behavior? They also have a hard time dealing with people and act just like this.
edit on 10-8-2016 by Muffenstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I am sure there are some Masons who like his work, I think it is rather banal and containing simplistic plotlines with mediocre writing.

You may like it though.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Is Xenu the same guy as gaotu?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Muffenstuff

Denial of what you said because there's no evidence for it apart from your badly formed argument?

How about this. Try learning about freemasonry next time?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Is Xenu the same guy as gaotu?

In Scientology's mythology Xenu is a person and not a Supreme Being so, no, he is not.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

On the back of a plane too!

I prefer the spaghetti monster

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Tastes better than Xenu.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I am sure there are some Masons who like his work, I think it is rather banal and containing simplistic plotlines with mediocre writing.

You may like it though.

So you do read Hubbard? Or have, I should say.

You're a better man than I, as I don't find anything of his worth reading. He was quite mad. I found a copy of Dianetics and found it hard to get past page 2 as it was stupid.
edit on 10-8-2016 by Muffenstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Tastes better than Xenu.

True.

And don't forget about the beer volcano and strippers!

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

So you do read Hubbard? Or have, I should say.

I have read a few of his stories but they sucked donkeys.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You are just A Mason and I have more than enough solid evidence to logically conclude that he is revered in Masonry.

You're right, he's a Mason, so he would know whether or not Tubal Cain is revered, which he isn't.

Your "solid evidence" is opinion. Please cite a Grand Lodge as one of your sources.

I'm not trying to aggravate anyone, but people don't like being exposed to the truth. I'm just trying to correct erroneous information I see.

I'm right in this manner.

There's nothing to be apologetic for. You've made an accusation and you're wrong.

Your evidence is opinion when you are citing someone's opinion. The only authority to say whether or not we revere someone is the Grand Lodge. Not some blog or book.

We include several other individuals in our ritual, but I don't see you saying we revere them.

No, your evidence isn't evidence based on logic and reason.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric
No, I'm in the SRICF. The Societas Rosicruciana in Civitatibus Foederatis (SRICF), the Rosicrucian Society in the United States, is a Masonic Rosicrucian organization. The purpose of the society, according to its earliest scholars, is "to afford mutual aid and encouragement in working out the great problems of Life, and in discovering the Secrets of Nature; to facilitate the study of the systems of philosophy inculcated by the original Fratres Rosae Crucis of Germany based upon the Kabbalah and the doctrines of Hermes Trismegistus.

The governing body of the Society is known since 1911 as The High Council which is composed of Fratres of the Third Order (IX° and VIII°), plus any College Celebrant not a member of the Third Order. The head of the Society is titled The Supreme Magus who was elected ad vitam (for life) up until circa 1991 when the constitution of the Society was changed to reflect that Supreme Magi are elected each triennium (a period of three years). The subordinate bodies are termed “Colleges” each being headed in the United States, by a Chief Adept, IX°, appointed for a three year term by the Supreme Magus. A Chief Adept can serve a maximum of three terms of office. Unlike the SRIA in England, a Chief Adept in the SRICF does not have regional powers, but rather is in charge of an individual College. Typically there is but one College per state, exceptions having been made for both New York and California due to their size and population.

Membership is by invitation only and predicated on regular mainstream Masonic affiliation as well as a profession of Christian faith. The Christian qualification is required because the character of the Grade rituals is completely Christian, and would not be understood or appreciated by those of other faiths. Membership is restricted to 72 members (called Fratres) per college. New members are required to select a distinctive “Latin Motto” and state that they are not a member of a non-Masonic Rosicrucian organization as a matter of ethics. The Society is not interested primarily in increasing its membership, but considers such brethren whose interest in the Society’s aims is sincere and whom it considers to be in sympathy with the movement.

The SRICF does not constitute just another interesting degree in Freemasonry, to be acquired in the course of ordinary Masonic progress. It is something beyond and outside Freemasonry. The Society is the ideal forum for Masons who wish to extend their contemplation of the hidden mysteries of Nature and Science, and to investigate the meaning and symbolism of all that now remains of the wisdom, art and literature of the Ancient World.

The See of the High Council is in Washington, D.C. The SRICF is in amity with the SRIS and the SRIA as well as the SRIC (Canada) and has helped the cause of Rosicruciana by empowering High Councils in their own sovereignty around the World. They are: the SRIL in Lusitania (Portugal), SRIG in Gallia (France), and the SRIR (Romania). The Society is not merely another degree of Freemasonry which may be acquired and outside of the normal “workings” of the Craft.

The degrees, with teachings of the degree, are structured as follows:

The First Order consists of four Grades referred to as the Learning Grades:

I°: Zelator
II°: Theoricus
III°: Practicus
IV°: Philosophus

The Second Order consists of three Grades referred to as the Teaching Grades:

V°: Adeptus Minor
VI°: Adeptus Major
VII°: Adeptus Exemptus

The Third Order consists of two Grades referred to as the Ruling Grades which are only conferred by or with permission of the Supreme Magus:

VIII°: Magister
IX°: Magus

Got any Alchemist's among you ?

No, I'm the first Mason and Rosicrucian in my family.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It's not smugness, it's confidence and certainty in what we are saying.

Maybe you can come tell me how to do my job because you read something in a book.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join