It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Tubal Cain revered by Masons?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
From what I know of Tubal Cain he is related to Lamech the blind descendant of Seth. Lamech is of Seth though a Lamech of Cain (and an Enoch) exists as well.

Cain was slew accidentally by Tubal Cain and Lamech (the actual killer but at Tubals guidance) doesn't want to but slews Tubal for this because of the Mark that was to be a curse on any who should take the life of Cain.

Very reminiscent of the later assassination of Nimrod by Esau. All this is told in Sepher Ha Yasher the Book of the upright record. Christians don't read this book as it's not the Bible but Jews accept it as accurate and the book mentioned twice in the Bible.

Question:

Are Masons familiar with this book and is it widely read and/or accepted as a source of information on Tubal Cain?

Why is it he is revered? I understand why Hammurabi is revered because he is named as a friend of Solomon Hiram Abi and I can not see it possible that it's not Hammurabi so do Masons recognize this, is this the identity of Hiram Abiff to Masons? I know Solomon and Hammurabi were not contemporary but it's the Bible so that doesn't make a difference because Solomon's Temple is allegory and Solomon as well. Solomon's ring is the ring of Saturn the Seal of Solomon is a symbol with one meaning at least related to Saturn.

The ancients sure did have some knowledge that we are rediscovering today in my opinion but who is Tubal Cain and why is he important in Masonry? What information could I read about it?
edit on 5-8-2016 by Muffenstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
allegory....Saturn....uhgg

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Do you not like allegory and/or astrotheology?

The thread is actually about Tubal Cain and I just needed to make a quick point.

I am interested in knowing what Masons revere about Cain's accidental killer.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I go ugh a lot, just not over allegory or planets.

Do you have any information on the intended topic or are you just looking to announce your displeasure?

Just a joke.
edit on 5-8-2016 by Muffenstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Muffenstuff

He represents the Babylon effect......a sanctioned yet illegitimate power system that worships the underworld, the dead, ancestors, the sun and fiat money. They represent man cohabitating with bad angles. Controls most of the world off and on from those days.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

But he is ante deluvian and far removed from Babylon. Is his killing of Cain the curse that empowers Babylon?

I know Nimrod had the Adamic garments as his power source but I don't see how Tubal Cain connects to Babylon or Nimrod, the founder.

Semiramis and Nimrod (the apron is the garment of Adam) are revered too, no? As above, So below was the plan of Nimrod when he made a HaShem for the people to unite under for protection.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Apparently Babylon, old Ur ect were patterned after the pre-diluvian empire/world system.

Ok as far as the confusion O don't understand how they got Cain all wrong and Tubal Cain. Seth and Cain were separate lines of Adam. It looks like Noah's sons Ham and to some extent Japheth keep the mystery system alive even after what they saw before.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Cain built a city called Enoch after his son, Enoch.

Phoenicia was named after Hanok/Enoch although which one is a mystery. They were named that by the Greeks after Pa Hanok or the house of Enoch although it is said to be because of the purple dye they were famous for its easy to see that Phoenix or Phoenicians is from Egypt and for whatever reason the Greeks called them Phoenicians because of a connection to Pa Hanok, Phoenix, the famous bird being a symbol written about in Enochian scripture book 2 or Slavonic Enoch.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Apparently Babylon, old Ur ect were patterned after the pre-diluvian empire/world system.

Ok as far as the confusion O don't understand how they got Cain all wrong and Tubal Cain. Seth and Cain were separate lines of Adam. It looks like Noah's sons Ham and to some extent Japheth keep the mystery system alive even after what they saw before.

Funny too that the Catholic Church loved the Chaldean Oracles that they falsley ascribed to Zoroaster (a Persian) who they falsley conflated with Nimrod early on.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muffenstuff

Cain built a city called Enoch after his son, Enoch.

Phoenicia was named after Hanok/Enoch although which one is a mystery. They were named that by the Greeks after Pa Hanok or the house of Enoch although it is said to be because of the purple dye they were famous for its easy to see that Phoenix or Phoenicians is from Egypt and for whatever reason the Greeks called them Phoenicians because of a connection to Pa Hanok, Phoenix, the famous bird being a symbol written about in Enochian scripture book 2 or Slavonic Enoch.

It looks like that Noah's sons were divided but both lines of Cain and Seth had Enoch of fame in their line. At any rate Noah's son Shem tried to stop the madness from beginning again but failed.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

You know something else the catholic had a lot knew a lot about the old ways long before anyone got over to Mesopotamia and started digging around.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Yes they did they made Tammuz into Christ if you look for the clues it is in the weeping women that makes the connection, weeping for Tammuz who was born on Dec. 25 the "son" of Nimrod and Nimrod ressurected making a Trinity with Semiramis.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

By means of this separation, one man became an astronomer, another a magician, another a cabalist, and a fourth an alchemist. Abraham, that Vulcanic Tubalcain, a consummate astrologer and arithmetician, carried the Art out of the land of Canaan into Egypt, whereupon the Egyptians rose to so great a height and dignity that this wisdom was derived from them by other nations.

www.levity.com...

It looks like that Noah's sons were divided but both lines of Cain and Seth had Enoch

Rocail might of had descendants as well

Phoenix, the famous bird being a symbol written about in Enochian scripture book 2 or Slavonic Enoch.

The Phoenix in Egypt
a reply to: kibric

edit on 5-8-2016 by kibric because: Arutperumjothi

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Here I am...sorry, went hiking

just Ughh ...I'm deep in confusion, thanks for putting up with me... the moms and pops of the world, according to my bud Jim....quit telling the new souls and teaching the subsequent generations the great basic truisms, Ya know, like at the dinner table when they're young

or something.....see, just Ughh
edit on 5-8-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 5-8-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Rocail is tough to get info on you got anything that tells of his story?

I think he is an Arab Patriarch.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I read a lot of that Paracelsus was it? I guess he thinks he's better than Celsus, I read Healing, The Ancient Art by M. Hall and he wrote about him but he seems to be pro Hebrew and anti philosophy especially Greek. A little respect was paid to Roman philosophy so I am guessing that the Catholic Church got their hands on it but I don't know that for sure obviously. Interesting reading and makes sense that Abraham likened to Tubal Cain but that Abraham's enemies weren't cursed and I find it fascinating that Tubal would let a blind old man hunt and die for a second hand accidental death.

The Injustice may be the source of reverence by the Masons, I am guessing but it makes the most sense.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Hiking is awesome.

I don't go enough. My house is too comfortable and I have everything a man could need right here so little reason to go out.

I gotts stop reading so much, like Peter Griffin when he played J. of Arimathea said "Jesus Romans, put down a book once in a while."

I need to do that.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Enoch was begat by Jared.

"And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch:"
~ Genesis 5:18

www.youtube.com...

edit on 6-8-2016 by InachMarbank because: added a jingle

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Surprised no one actually brought up the obvious. No one even tried to look it up?

Masonry follows this whole architect concept of perfection, crafting, etc etc. The first masons were started by the people who built the God's temple, it is believed.

TubalCain was "the spicer" of Cain's craft. He was also believed to be the first who created brass. He was known for making fine weapons of war. He was also thought to be the first chemist.

As per Wiki -

Occupation[edit]

Genesis 4:22 says that Tubal-cain was the "forger of all instruments of bronze and iron" (ESV) or an "instructor of every artificer in brass and iron" (KJV). Although this may mean he was a metalsmith, a comparison with verses 20 and 21 suggests that he may have been the very first artificer in brass and iron. T. C. Mitchell suggests that he "discovered the possibilities of cold forging native copper and meteoric iron."[4] Tubal-cain has even been described as the first chemist.[5]

Others connect Tubal-cain's work to making weapons of war. Rashi notes that he "spiced and refined the Cain's craft to make weapons for murderers."[1] In The Antiquities of the Jews, Flavius Josephus says that "Tubal exceeded all men in strength, and was very expert and famous in martial performances, ... and first of all invented the art of working brass."[citation needed] Walter Elwell suggests that his invention of superior weapons may have been the motivation for Lamech's interest in avenging blood.[6]

Alternatively, E. E. Kellett suggests that Tubal-cain may have been a miner.[7]

I should add... Also noted on wiki:

On the NewsRadio television show, in an episode called Rose Bowl, Joe the electrician teaches Jimmy James the secret masonic word "Tubalcain" that allows freemasons to ignore justice and might automatically win him a particular court case irrespective of justice.[8]

Also, he was one of the 2 who "accidentally" killed Cain. This expunged cain's sin in a way but that also meant that TubulCain would be marked as well and no one would be allowed to kill him either.

Masons are weird anyways
Who knows.

edit on 6-8-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: InachMarbank
Enoch was begat by Jared.

"And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch:"
~ Genesis 5:18

www.youtube.com...

As I said in the OP, an Enoch before Jared's existed from the line of Cain.

I further went on to explain that Pa Hanok or Phoenix means "House of Enoch." The Greeks dubbed the Canaanites Phoenicians so following etymology the Phoenicians were those of the house of Enoch.

Everyone knows who THAT Enoch's father was, but who knows WHAT Enoch means as it was probably not one person but a group, family or "House".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join