It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This election is tearing our family apart!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

ROFLMFAO!!!

No.

But **wink**

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

Yep, my wife's mother keeps going on about Hillary being the correct choice because she won't start a war. I damn near fell off my chair laughing. Of course she bitches and moans at my wife because I want to see Trump win, just to see what he does. Then the wife bitches at me trying support her mother's position using all same crap she can't prove about Trump, but ignores all the evidence coming in about Hillary. The amount of confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance is unbelievable!

I set up a safe haven way out in the event SHTF and I am seriously considering going alone! Maybe next week lol.

I told her today, I don't want to hear another word about politics, I am really tired of people who are wantonly ignorant and refuse to look at all the information. It's like living in the twilight zone!

Cheers - Dave
edit on 8/5.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

I don't know, if you vote for trump, are you voting for his wife also??
just wondering here.

my kids keep sending me links to all those neat articles about all the evil things that hillary supposedly has done...
so I keep sending them links to the libertarian website and telling them hillary lies and trumps a nut.... vote third party.
we don't argue that much, they know that deep down I am a mickey mouse supporter all the way!! after all he has the magic wand, with one wave all our problems can magically disappear.

if I was in the op's position, I'd probably tell all those family members that I've made a decision...it's none of their business and to just leave me alone about it! with the choices we have this time around, it's not worth a bunch of family friction since there is no right choice to be made!!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

I don't know, if you vote for trump, are you voting for his wife also??
just wondering here.

my kids keep sending me links to all those neat articles about all the evil things that hillary supposedly has done...
so I keep sending them links to the libertarian website and telling them hillary lies and trumps a nut.... vote third party.
we don't argue that much, they know that deep down I am a mickey mouse supporter all the way!! after all he has the magic wand, with one wave all our problems can magically disappear.

if I was in the op's position, I'd probably tell all those family members that I've made a decision...it's none of their business and to just leave me alone about it! with the choices we have this time around, it's not worth a bunch of family friction since there is no right choice to be made!!

Vote libertarian if you want but that will not change anything. At least if Trump gets elected congress and the senate and his administration will keep him in check. Trump can't do a lot by himself nor can Hillary. Trump shares more of my views than Hillary... Also the independent candidates are all crap anyway. They are just posers trying to take advantage of the disaster that is Trump and Hillary.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

its a testament to the real America.
not the BS we export, not the solidarity, equality, freedom we advertise overseas;

if in real life there were instagram filters, The US would be the equivalent of Israel with a beauty and opportunity and freedom filter applied.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

At our family get together last Christmas, something was said about one of the candidates, Then someone else wanted to extend that into a long monologue of their own position. As the father and father-in-law of the outfit, I sternly said that since we had opposite view among us that we would not discuss politics. The monologuer decided she would continue expounding her view (which are similar to my own). It took two more attempts to silence her with the last one being mild-mannered me being rather loud and curt. This is my house, you see. A couple of people left, one took a walk. It was an estranged next couple of days but some people learned a lesson: politics are not more important than family unity.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
you didn't answer my question, if a vote for hillary is a vote for bill, is a vote for donald also a vote for Melania?
as I see it, bill would bring quite a bit of relevant experience to the white house, melania not so much...

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

you didn't answer my question, if a vote for hillary is a vote for bill, is a vote for donald also a vote for Melania?
as I see it, bill would bring quite a bit of relevant experience to the white house, melania not so much...

What? A vote for Hillary IS A VOTE for BILL because Hillary specifically said Bill would be involved in the economy .. I did not notice anything that said Donald would put Melania in charge of anything?????????????????????

Hillary Clinton Shapes Potential New Role for Bill Clinton
EDIT: yea, Bill.. How many other women can he abuse. Really? wow...
edit on 5-8-2016 by Orionx2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2016 by Orionx2 because: spelling/context

edit on 5-8-2016 by Orionx2 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton is a corporate shill. There is so much corporate money involved in her campaign that the polls are skewed to make her look like the winner with the idea that skewed polls will influence people to vote for the perceived winner.

Donald Trump is a nut job.

Gary Johnson is the only choice at this point.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2

What? A vote for Hillary IS A VOTE for BILL because Hillary specifically said Bill wold be involved in the economy .. I did not notice anything that said Donald would put Melania in charge of anything?????????????????????

Hillary Clinton Shapes Potential New Role for Bill Clinton
EDIT: yea, Bill.. How many other women can he abuse. Really? wow...

I'd rather Slick willie be in charge of the economy than Trump. I made a fortune during the Clinton years.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Similar occurrences to those you describe took place shortly before the American Civil War.

No wonder Vladimir likes Donald so much.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

ummm....
so, who will trump's main economic adviser be? or is he gonna wing it, much like he does his speeches?
since when is it even common knowledge to know who any presidential candidate's economic advisers are gonna be..
this might just be the first time a candidate has stated who would be their primary source of advise in the economics of the country.

so, well, I guess it's a vote for trump and god only knows who... and hillary, who we know will be listening to bill some when it comes to economic concerns.
ya know, trump came campaigning in a city near me last week and then threatened to refuse to pay the bill because he didn't like the air conditioning in the place? the hotel shot back a statement saying that the air conditioning was running as it was designed to, it was just a hot day and the conference room was filled with over a hundred people.
so, the hotel might be able to add it's name to the many contractors, employees, and such that he has stiffed throughout the years.

for some reason, good ole bill doesn't sound like a bad deal...

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Of course its those bastard trumps. Stop fighting guys! We're all peaceful expect those sub human trumpsters! But I'm above it all and acting as a diplomat.
edit on 5-8-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Whenever my family brings up the subject I sigh then exclaim how horrible it is that such trash are the best the two parties have to offer this nation. If they press me I tell them that the very thought of it makes me sick and that I don't wish to talk about it anymore.

I don't tell them I am voting third party or any party and at this point they know they will not get an answer they will like so the subject doesn't come up much anymore.
edit on 5-8-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This isn't a normal election to a lot of people, this is about the future of our country.

Stopping the liberal takeover, stopping illegal immigration, improving the economy and trade, and preventing another potential Obama term to me, to some it's to keep a "racist" out of office, stop global warming.

The economy is a big cause of the high tensions. I'm middle class, maybe upper middle class, but I'm struggling compared to how it was even just 5 years ago.

I've had arguments with my family, my brother is a liberal, we can't even talk anymore until the election is over. In my mind he's a brain dead liberal, in his I'm a "islmaphobe, xenophobe, homophobe, racist, bigot, sexist" - this list goes on, just because I support Donald Trump. I don't think he has the political intellectual capacity to come up with any reason why I'm wrong other than labels.

In reality I'm none of that. However, I do not want more Muslim immigrants here. I actually lived in a Muslim country and he didn't, and I know from my experiences many of them are incapable with western culture.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I try not to talk politics with people unless they are on the same "team". The people from the other team aren't going to change my mind, and I am not going to change theirs. Discussions will only turn into arguments and hurt feelings. No point.

Sal

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

There are five of us who are hold outs, don't want to vote for either candidate.

If they're attacking you five hold outs who refuse to vote for either candidate, that's just plain rude and you should tell them you're mind's made up, its your right to not vote, discussion over, nuff said!

Those people are just being ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

It would definitely be a vote for Trump's children and son-in-law. They are some of his top advisors so far.

Besides, our country could really use another Bill Clinton presidency about now... I'm not sure how many remember just how good our country did under his leadership...

Longest economic expansion in American history
More than 22 million new jobs
Higher incomes at all levels
Paid off $360 billion of the national debt
Converted the largest budget deficit in American history to the largest surplus
Lowest government spending in three decades
Lowest unemployment in 30 years
Lowest crime rate in 26 years
Smallest welfare rolls in 32 years
Lowest poverty rate in 20 years

Sounds pretty freaking good to me!

Source
edit on 8/6/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

While doing research on this topic for just a day, I'm coming across so many pleas for help in message boards, it's literally alarming.

I work for a his new Docu-series which is an investigative report about a dangerous underlying issue that is assaulting our society. The Destruction of the Modern American Family as a Result of the 2016 Election.

The writer and producer of this project is conducting interviews, either over Skype, or just audio if you prefer. If you are no longer speaking to a family member, spouse or best friend because of a difference in your political beliefs, please reach out to us. The purpose of the project is to shine a light, explore why, and hopefully help people fix their own personal issues in the process.

This is on tight deadline and will be distributed by a major digital publication. Please send me a message soon if interested.

Thank You! Hope to hear from you soon!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join