It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea vows to plant flag on the moon within next decade

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

North Korea is aiming to send an unmanned mission to plant a flag on the moon within the next 10 years

“Even though the US and its allies try to block our space development, our aerospace scientists will conquer space and definitely plant the flag of the DPRK on the moon,” Hyon Kwang Il, director of the scientific research department of North Korea's National Aerospace Development Administration told AP.

“We are planning to develop the Earth observation satellites and to solve communications problems by developing geostationary satellites. All of this work will be the basis for the flight to the moon,” hopefully “within 10 years’ time,” Hyon said.

In addition, Korea also expects “to do manned spaceflight and scientific experiments in space, make a flight to the moon and moon exploration and also exploration to other planets.”

Source

Apparently North Korea has their sights set on exploring space. While I highly doubt that'll happen, it would be quite a shock to the world were it to be reality.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Well they did launch a satellite into orbit. The moon is but a mere 238,900 miles more.

www.space.com...

They only have to get it right once.😊

edit on 5-8-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Good. I hope they succeed. We need to get out there and adventure some more.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I hope they don't put Kims face on the flag should they succeed, that would scare any chance of Alien intervention completely.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Lol.

That is all.

I'm afraid.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

our aerospace scientists will conquer space
If I were The Borg, I'd be worried by this comment!!!
edit on 5-8-2016 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
And after that, they will take Coruscant and finally rule the galaxy.

And we shall have...peace.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

North Korea is looking at the moon?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
More power to 'em. Though I would think feeding your citizens would come before that...

Priorities.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Dembow

Meh, Coruscant is too crowded, I prefer Corellia.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Apparently North Korea has their sights set on exploring space.

Someone would normally say stop at this point I reckon, if they were playing a video game or whatever...

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I really hope they do it and build a space station there. It may kick our governments up the arse to get us out there.
Another space race

Remember that Bond movie Moonraker? it will be exactly like that lil Kim in space.
edit on 5-8-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I like to think that if they work towards something like that their country will get better as a side effect. So I'm all for it! Plus, anyone dedicating time for space exploration is ok with me.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
More power to 'em. Though I would think feeding your citizens would come before that...

Priorities.

Not in L'il Kim's world or any North Korean's Despot world, come to think of it.

Or maybe L'il Kim truly believes the Moon is made out of cheese and he is sending up his best processors to bring back food for all their citizens?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Settle down there Kimmy.

It's not really made out of cheese!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
I like to think that if they work towards something like that their country will get better as a side effect. So I'm all for it! Plus, anyone dedicating time for space exploration is ok with me.

Yes, even a maniacal Despot.

He must be a top guy if he is willing to spend billions at the expense of starving citizens.

Edit- Where do they get their billions?

edit on 5/8/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: Tjoran

Yes, even a maniacal Despot.

He must be a top guy if he is willing to spend billions at the expense of starving citizens.

Kim wont live forever. Seems like everyone in NK already hates him secretly, just a matter of time. In any case that's for another thread. It creates jobs for all those starving citizens, Who will earn food/money and as a result the economy will grow stronger, People will eventually start living better lives (still likely under oppression but..). Now known as a space fairing nation, The international community will put more pressure on getting NK up to date with the rest of the world instead of just brushing it into a corner like a tantrum child.

That's just what i think though. I could be completely wrong and NK will find a way to screw it up.
edit on 5-8-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

What can't KJU do? He discovered cold fusion a few years ago and made a fusion bomb this year... so yeah, 10 years?... it could happen!

Totally happen!

Computer! End sarcasm!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Priorities.

That was exactly my first thought.Madman..

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I don't think they could even manage to plant a flag on the grave of Rev. Sun Myong Moon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join