It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex-for-drugs sting nabs Virginia mayor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The mayor of Fairfax, Virginia, has been arrested in an undercover sting during which he allegedly tried to arrange a drug deal with cops via a ‘sex’ website.

Fairfax County police created a fake profile on a website used to organize sexual encounters between men in an operation to catch a person suspected of dealing methamphetamine online.

Silverthorne holds the office of mayor of the City of Fairfax, an affluent area in the DC suburbs, and is in his third term. He has, according to the Fairfax government website, championed “quality of life issues” and worked to promote “a healthy lifestyle.”

Silverthorne has been charged with “felony distribution of methamphetamine and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.”

Source

People who are in positions of authority and governance need to be held to a higher standard. Hopefully he doesn't just receive a slap on the wrist.

He was among a group of Virginian 'Mayors for Hillary' who endorsed Hillary Clinton's presidential election candidacy

Ha... Haha...

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It's Him !!

This is the dirty scudger that wants to drug your little daughter and have his way with her.

People like him make me wonder who came up with the constraints of 'cruel and unusual' where punishment is concerned.

Never call the cops. Take care of your own business and remember ... clean up after. You leave it for the cops to clean up, they've got a score to settle with you.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I read that article this morning.

It reminds me of that famous televangelist who got caught up in a scandal involving gay sex and crystal meth. I can't remember his name.

He was among a group of Virginian 'Mayors for Hillary' who endorsed Hillary Clinton's presidential election candidacy

No surprise there.

And remember that one mayor of DC who got caught smoking crack on camera and even got reelected in his next term?

edit on 8/5/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Fairfax County police created a fake profile on a website used to organize sexual encounters between men in an operation to catch a person suspected of dealing methamphetamine online.

They really should pay him enough so he would not have to prostitute himself!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

I had a good chuckle at that comment!

Though, I'm not sure how serious you were being there. He was using the prostitution website as a front to sell crystal meth.

Either way you look at it, the fact that a sitting mayor has to resort to selling illegal drugs (and meth at that!) should tell you something about how well he is compensated on paper for his duties as a politician.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: DupontDeux

He was using the prostitution website as a front to sell crystal meth.

n.

Was he.. or did he just aquire it for sex.. meth dealers normally want cash for their stuff. Not services from prostitutes.

I'm going to throw in the conspiracy angle here..

He has upset someone.. They have found his a achilles heal. Prostitutes..
And 'they' have made a fake profile to lure him in with some amazing girl that he can't resist..
During communications with her she makes him agree to instead of paying cash, purchase ome drugs instead. (Maybe that way may have worked out cheaper for him)
He knows someone who can get meth, he gets some, turns up at the hotel and gets caught red handed.. leaving his reputation in tatters..

Job done.. no need for a bullet. .
edit on 5/8/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I was not terribly serious

Are we sure he HAD to resort to selling drugs though?

I once heard of a criminal that did have to resort to crime, yet did so anyway. Because more money.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

That was marion barry he was a democrat, after he got out of prison the democrats re-elected him, i guess they like being ruled by a crack head.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
It's Him !!

People like him make me wonder who came up with the constraints of 'cruel and unusual' where punishment is concerned.

hmm...
people who realize punishment and satisfaction should only be in the same sentence in theory.
otherwise the world would be, a lot worst than what it is, in fact probably non existent.

----

but its not him we should worry about now, its the 10s or more like him in a public service position we should be concerned with. those as we speak are making decisions which will affect the lives of citizens like you and i.

edit on 5-8-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

top topics

join