It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Police Release Paul O’Neal Police Shooting Videos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Chicago released the police videos of the Paul O'Neal shooting that happened last week.

O'Neal was driving a stolen car and crashed it, then fled the scene.

The police didn't know he was unarmed I think.

The police also shot at him while the car was moving.

Several cam videos in the article.

The shooting itself is not on a video because the officer either didn't have on, or it was dislodged or turned off during the pursuit.

WATCH : Paul O’Neal Chicago Police Shooting Videos (GRAPHIC)

Chicago’s police review board has released videos relating to the fatal shooting of unarmed teenager Paul O’Neal as he fled a traffic stop.

O’Neal, 18, was shot in the back on July 28, the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office told Heavy. Police say O’Neal was in a stolen Jaguar. The Chicago police superintendent took the unusual step of suspending the police powers of the three police officers who fired their weapons. The body camera on the officer who fired the fatal shooting was not working, but videos from other officers’ cameras captured events leading up it.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Wow that's unfortunate that there is no video, I am sure that would have helped the cop prove that it was a justified killing
Guess it's just unfortunate that the fella was shot in the back, makes it harder to justify shooting someone, I guess
Is it acceptable for US police to shoot people in the back.
In cowboy movies it isn't a sign of an honorable person, maybe things have changed

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yeah, let's ignore the stolen car part... had to get through the article to find:

"ABC 7 reported that O’Neal was the driving, saying, “O’Neal was driving the vehicle, which crashed into a police cruiser and then sideswiped another before two officers started shooting from inside their car. A third officer got out of their car and fired, what police believe, was the fatal shot.” However, O’Neal’s cousin, Zhivago Short, 20, told Heavy, “He wasn’t the driver.” There was another teenager in the car."

I'm not for cops shooting people and generally don't like the meathead militarization of police, but at some point too people need to start being held accountable for their own actions.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Chicago police release video related to shooting of unarmed man.

Chicago police, in a nationwide conference call and bulletin, warned of "civil unrest" and potential violence against cops following the department's anticipated release of video related to an incident in which a black man was fatally shot in the back, two law enforcement officials said Friday.

It seems as though O'Neal was shot in the back as he was running away from police.

The article goes on to say that the cops were cursing as they were trying to place O'Neal into handcuffs after he had been shot and killed...

Coincidentally, there is no body cam footage from the the cop who actually killed O'Neal.

His camera stopped working.

edit on 5-8-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Did you not notice that he was ramming his car in to cop cars? There is videos of that.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Between 40 and 60 thugs shoot each other in Chicago every weekend and they expect outrage over a cop shooting Chicago's lone unarmed car thief? I think not.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes... Kid stole a car, he put himself in that situation, and he paid the ultimate price... If he didn't steal that Jaguar, he would be alive today...

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Between 40 and 60 thugs shoot each other in Chicago every weekend and they expect outrage over a cop shooting Chicago's lone unarmed car thief? I think not.

He was armed... with the stolen Jaguar that he rammed into squad cars.

At some point, it will sink in to would be thugs that resisting arrest, fighting cops, attempting to smash into their car, etc has a high chance of not ending well for them.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

edit on 5-8-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's sad and true, I just read a Chicago Tribune article from July that stated there's been over 2300 shootings in 2016 in Chicago..

The statistics for 2016 make that clear. As of Tuesday afternoon: 377 homicide victims, 2,307 people shot. At that pace, Chicago is on track to easily surpass its 2015 totals of 2,980 people shot and 490 homicides.

Article

This article was from July 25th, so I'm sure totals are higher now
edit on 5-8-2016 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
He had to ram through the police cars to get to bible study, which he was late for obviously.. Anyway... We cannot let thugs like this run lose, in stolen cars. ramming stuff. After slamming into 2 police cars, police have plenty of reason to believe that if this person escapes, he poses a danger to society, and in that case, deadly force is justified.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
He was not armed..And I find it convenient that officer that fired the fatal shots at the time his body cam happen to "malfunction",or wasn't turned on.

edit on 5-8-2016 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
a reply to: Edumakated
He was not armed..And I find it convenient that officer that fired the fatal shots at the time his body cam happen to "malfunction",or wasn't turned on.

You don't need a firearm to be considered "armed". A car is very much a weapon when it is intentionally used to ram.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The lesson that all would be thugs should learn from this situation would be: if you assault the police with a deadly weapon, expect to be shot.

Justified.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm talking about when He was shot in the back running away unarmed..

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
He was a punk and got what he deserved. Listen up you Proles, you mess with the New Federal Police Force and you will be receiving some transcortal lead therapy. Pretty soon, no more local cops and no State Troopers. All Federal. Their motto will be "We're here from the Government and we are here to help". It will be glorious.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
HuffPost Headline Tomorrow - "Donald Trump Cause young sweet caring black youth to crash car and then murdered by thug police"

I am not sorry for people who steal cars and ram police getting shot anymore. He could have pulled over. He could have REALLY put his hands up. Passenger...Driver....sorry. You are in the act of committing multiple felonies. A death is just a natural course for some.

Furthermore, how dare they use profanity. It is not like they were almost run over, shot at and had to chase someone.

EMT is on the way so they are not ignoring the guy shot and, even if it was my son, he should be cuffed.

OK BLM....I guess you HAVE to go to Chicago now....

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Shooting an unarmed man in the back used to be considered a cowardly act in America. Well, until the police started doing it...
edit on 8/5/2016 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Shooting an unarmed man in the back used to be considered a cowardly act in America. Well, until the police started doing it...

He was armed!
With a 2 ton wrecking ball called a vehicle.
Did you see the part where he swerved and almost ran over 2 officers?
Tragic as it may be the officers were justified in opening fire after he almost pancaked 2 of them...
ETA: And running after the adrenaline is going is not going to increase his chances of survival.
edit on 5-8-2016 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Tragic as it may be the officers were justified in opening fire after he almost pancaked 2 of them...

Time will tell...

edit:

Police cannot legally shoot fleeing suspects unless they pose a threat to an officer's life or unless the officer has a good-faith belief the suspect poses a substantial danger to the public.

And department policy prohibits firing into a "moving vehicle when the vehicle is the only force used against the sworn member or another person."

Link

edit on 8/5/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join