It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im starting with writing children books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I always wanted to write a story. The more i learned, the more i wanted to share.. But something made me realize i wasnt going to write a novel, something made me realize i did not want to share my imaginative mind. I know people will hate me for it and dont mistake me for saying;" I dont want to share a story " , cause i do.. Im going to share a story made as a childrens tale..

In my mind i had stories with over a hundred thousand words, instead im going to make them into a tale of a thousand.. The more i learn, the more i understand.. The less i will share.. But i will share a children story that can be told a thousand years from now.. Instead of a story of my imaginative mind..

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Awesome, i have been trying to write horror short stories, inspired, and as a tribute to Lovecraft,

What helps me, is to write scenes and happenings at random, then putting it together with mind glue.

I also like to hide thoughts in stories..

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
If you think you have a "children's story" in you, read it to some children before you share it with anybody else. That's how to be sure that it works.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Illustration is key with childrens books. Do you do any of your own art?
edit on 5-8-2016 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I think you misunderstand why

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
I always wanted to write a story. The more i learned, the more i wanted to share.. But something made me realize i wasnt going to write a novel, something made me realize i did not want to share my imaginative mind. I know people will hate me for it and dont mistake me for saying;" I dont want to share a story " , cause i do.. Im going to share a story made as a childrens tale..

In my mind i had stories with over a hundred thousand words, instead im going to make them into a tale of a thousand.. The more i learn, the more i understand.. The less i will share.. But i will share a children story that can be told a thousand years from now.. Instead of a story of my imaginative mind..

good luck man.
i wrote a novella. i thought i had a 100k word novel in my head as well but i found out very quick that it is #ing hard. i had a very difficult time dealing with the passage of time in my book. i dont think it flows well.
anyway....sorry

i often wonder how you become a great success with kids books. i think ats is correct.
i think about it because i am an avid reader. between my wife and i we have a couple thousand books. my daughter is 4 and she has several hundred. i read her stories at night like goodnight moon or no david and i wonder.

those books will be in print forever now and they are a few word per page books. no big deal.
i could crank that out.

so what makes a book like that successful?

good luck. i hope you do it

new topics

top topics

join