It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To be a martyr or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
From this article --- The Popes recent speech
www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42374

Now this is the statement that makes me think....

In his victory are associated the Christian martyrs who chose the path of the cross, not yielding to evil and it virulence, but delivering themselves to the Father and uniting themselves to the death of Christ by means of a testimony of donation and courage which brought them to give up live in order to die."

Now here is what I have always wondered about - if everyone were to be a martyr and die -- who would be left to carry on the religion or ideal. Isn't it equally important to have people who say they will change over to whateveris being pushed on them - - and to secretely continue with the beliefs they have.

jm

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Few people actually choose to be a martyr, though from the sound of their wailing you'd think everyone was. It seems every religion feels its being put upon simply because their are people who don't want it shoved in their faces.

Now if I lived in the middle east and was a Muslim i'd be a martyr in a heartbeat. Think about it, no sex before marriage, no booze, no drugs, no social mixing of the sexes. A man with no vices has nothing to lose by dying, i'd strap on a vest bomb just to get the heck out of that wasteland.

My two nickels on it. Love and light,

Wupy

new topics

join