It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friendly reminder: Hillary Clinton still hasn't had a open press conference.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: stosh64

Funny I don't have to pull up memes or obscure youtube videos to show trump in a bad light. All I have to do is turn on my tv. 😡😡😡

Not talking about Trump.

We are talking about Hillary avoiding press conferences.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Of course you can support this. No don't ...you don't have to...not for me. I know it's bull. I'm sure you're convinced is what I mean.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Well they cant figure out how to softball the heck out of the thing without the audience become disgusted. Well you don't expect hard griping and important questions do you?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Like the NFL wrote a letter to me.
Like I have a relationship with Vladimir Putin?
Like I saw a video of them off loading cash?
Like people saw them making bombs in San Bernardino?
Like I saw Muslims dancing in the street in Jersey city on 911?

Or like three little (c)s in a string of emails out of tens of thousands of e mails over a four year period four years ago??
Is it like that ???

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
So how much longer do we wait until the major candidate for POTUS has a open unscripted press conference where the reporters finally at long last get to ask her the important questions they have had for the last year?

Is it now possible that someone can make it into the White House without the press scrutiny of the past? Why yes indeed it is... just look at how the MSM is bought and paid for in this election cycle.

Wow...Americans are getting real choices for president,,, a rogue megalomaniac or a pre-determined, well scripted, bought and paid for by the establishment candidate. The other candidates are so far down in the polls, 99% of people couldn't even tell you their names.

So are we looking at the first POTUS that simply refuses to talk to the press?

What kind of precedent are we setting here and is it a good one?

EDIT: to correct spelling and fix title

Just because she hasn't had press conferences doesn't mean she isn't answering questions with the press?

It is a ground game. She has given hundreds of press interviews, national and local, much more so than Trump.

Trump prefers the crowds, Clinton prefers one-on-one interviews with the media.

And frankly...seeing that every-time Trump gets up in front of crowd his head grows three times bigger and he says insane stuff...I think Clinton has chosen the better strategy.

Let Trump destroy himself with his own loud voice.

I can see how it would frustrate Trump supporters though.

She is still answering the press and giving a tonnage of interviews, but just not spending as much time on stage or behind a the podium as Trump. Two very different comfort zones.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You provided 2 sources for Hillary.

One was a townhall in 2011 and the other was debate with Bernie.

You're covering for her, you're actually lying for her.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

So how much longer do we wait until the major candidate for POTUS has a open unscripted press conference where the reporters finally at long last get to ask her the important questions they have had for the last year?

Is it now possible that someone can make it into the White House without the press scrutiny of the past? Why yes indeed it is... just look at how the MSM is bought and paid for in this election cycle.

Wow...Americans are getting real choices for president,,, a rogue megalomaniac or a pre-determined, well scripted, bought and paid for by the establishment candidate. The other candidates are so far down in the polls, 99% of people couldn't even tell you their names.

So are we looking at the first POTUS that simply refuses to talk to the press?

What kind of precedent are we setting here and is it a good one?

EDIT: to correct spelling and fix title

Just because she hasn't had press conferences doesn't mean she isn't answering questions with the press?

It is a ground game. She has given hundreds of press interviews, national and local, much more so than Trump.

Trump prefers the crowds, Clinton prefers one-on-one interviews with the media.

And frankly...seeing that every-time Trump gets up in front of crowd his head grows three times bigger and he says insane stuff...I think Clinton has chosen the better strategy.

Let Trump destroy himself with his own loud voice.

I can see how it would frustrate Trump supporters though...given Trumps perpetual gaffes.

She is still answering the press and giving a tonnage of interviews, but just not spending as much time on stage or behind a the podium as Trump. Two very different comfort zones.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Funny I don't have to pull up memes or obscure youtube videos to show trump in a bad light. All I have to do is turn on my tv. 😡😡😡

Yes, you have stated many times that you rely on television for your politics.

It shows.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Ok. So town halls is taking questions. She's been right there answering questions.
Now. Enough I guess. We've said it all.
Bye.
You're thread stops dead as soon as I leave it. Well except for the back patting.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Ok. So town halls is taking questions. She's been right there answering questions.
Now. Enough I guess. We've said it all.
Bye.
You're thread stops dead as soon as I leave it. Well except for the back patting.

All her townhalls were/are 100% controlled.

100%

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
She's got something going on now with some moderators at the national assoc of black and hispanic journalists.

No info yet if it's open questions.

I guess there might be a few open at the end but I doubt they'll be heavy.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

In this day in age where every politician is being dictated, taught in body language and have more staff than a closet full of brooms then there is no such thing as an unscripted interview.

Whenever Trump thumps his hand, he is trying to drum up support and when Hillary broadens her hands, she's trying to plead and engage the entire crowd. Where is Trumps non scripted interview? it works both ways. Get them both on radio and eradicate the body language and then we will find out who is less genuine.

edit on 5-8-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
She's got something going on now with some moderators at the national assoc of black and hispanic journalists.

No info yet if it's open questions.

I guess there might be a few open at the end but I doubt they'll be heavy.

Well, finally she's doing a press conference. First press conference: Blacks and Latinos only! Seriously ? LOL! Pandering much? Keep the race narrative/divisiveness up much? Good grief this election just keeps getting better.

#SegregatedPress

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: seeker1963

In this day in age where every politician is being dictated, taught in body language and have more staff than a closet full of brooms then there is no such thing as an unscripted interview.

Whenever Trump thumps his hand, he is trying to drum up support and when Hillary broadens her hands, she's trying to plead and engage the entire crowd. Where is Trumps non scripted interview? it works both ways. Get them both on radio and eradicate the body language and then we will find out who is less genuine.

Trumps has done maybe 2 let me repeat that 2, 3 tops scripted speeches that I know of. Hell, I wish he did more, so the media would focus on his actual goals as president versus going after his non PC deliveries.

You're right though about the professional politicians being strung up like puppets and their BS talking points without any of their previous actions to back those points up.
edit on 5-8-2016 by seeker1963 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Not all presidential candidates "hold press conferences." Look to recent history for some examples of that if you really care about things like facts.

Further, is there really a need to hold press conferences when you're in public speaking pretty much daily and being trailed by reporters everywhere you go who are pretty much recording everything you say?

This is probably only a thing because someone said it was.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Again what's your point.? Are you insinuating that there's an issue with where I get my information? TV radio internet.
I'm sure you're a member of some exclusive think tank and have the ear of Reince Priebus and Newt Gingrich plus advisors from Yale law school but the rest of us have to rely on those regular sources.
Thanks for coming.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

As opposed to everything with trump which is uncontrolled. Right?

She took some tough questions this afternoon.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Not talking about Trump.

We are talking about Hillary avoiding press conferences.

I see.
But that video wasn't about either.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

We shall see who can answer the hard questions.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

As opposed to everything with trump which is uncontrolled. Right?

She took some tough questions this afternoon.

Every question was scripted and so were all the answers.

Very obvious.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join