It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Donald Trump could win - and why

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

The political centre from which Clinton seeks to govern has been contracting for eight years. Recession, bailouts, declining living standards and a ruined infrastructure have destroyed the old "free market" governing consensus.

Old electoral alliances are cracking up, and the new have yet to clearly form. A voting prediction model developed by political scientist Alan Abramowitz indicates that, were it not for Trump's erratic messaging, these factors would be sufficient to give him a lead already.

This is Clinton's problem. The centre-seeking strategy that once confirmed her husband in power, and led to NAFTA and the decimation of welfare, is no longer a winner.

When Democrats moved heaven and earth to stay rooted in an antiquated centre, the election became Trump's to lose.

www.aljazeera.com...

Most people don't like Trump. He often acts like a spoiled brat which cannot accept any criticism. The guy has lot of issues and that cannot be denied. But this is not about Trump. People are voting between colosal changes, even possible chaos, and status quo. Ussualy status quo preveills but this time is different. For many people status quo became unbearable and that is forcing them to step into unknown... Forget about polls, MSM is losing grip over people's minds I think that Democrats are going to have rude awakening. Only thing that can save them is Joe Biden, although it may be already late for that...

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: alomaha

As much as I detest Trump's idiocratic mannerisms, I do think the only thing that can save the Dems is if Trump, Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, Deez Nutz and Giant Asteroid somehow boarded a plane that never landed.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Because .... CLINT EASTWOOD!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein
Come on Jimmy McMillan , make a run for President. The country needs ya cause "The Rent is too Damn High"

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Adam Carolla recently had a talk on his podcast about this, and pretty much nailed it.

edit on 5-8-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Here is the New York Times on July 26, 1988: Dukakis Lead Widens, According to New Poll

Here's the source so we can all calm down for a minute. Remembering the Dukakis 17 point lead over Bush

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Clint Eastwood: Donald Trump Challenging ‘Kiss-Ass Generation’

“He’s onto something, because secretly everybody’s getting tired of political correctness, kissing up,” Clint Eastwood said in an interview with Esquire. “That’s the kiss-ass generation we’re in right now. We’re really in a pussy generation. Everybody’s walking on eggshells.”

edit on 5-8-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein
Come on Jimmy McMillan , make a run for President. The country needs ya cause "The Rent is too Damn High"

He would be the front runner if this scenario were to happen.
Hmmmm...

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
That article is right on the money, if trump wasent such and idiot he would win pretty easily.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

“He’s onto something, because secretly everybody’s getting tired of political correctness, kissing up,” Clint Eastwood said in an interview with Esquire. “That’s the kiss-ass generation we’re in right now. We’re really in a pussy generation. Everybody’s walking on eggshells.”

Yeah that's great eh? Loved reading that. I'm glad he stood up and said something, this generation 'is' a pussy generation no doubt about it. He just said what others were afraid to for fear of being called 'place your label here'.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The political centre from which Clinton seeks to govern has been contracting for eight years. Recession, bailouts, declining living standards and a ruined infrastructure have destroyed the old "free market" governing consensus.

Same thing happened at the end of the German and Japanese empires during WWII. Thing is, as long as the narrative is controlled in the main stream media, there will be no effective change possible. Everyone remains deluded, safe in their awareness comfort zone, to the last.

Under the state propaganda demagogue Goebbels, control of the dissemination of information reaching the average German was total. They remained optimistic, the foreign wars being waged were a long ways away, that things would turn around, new weapons would secure the final victory, aways the final victory.

Even when the bombs were falling outside and the rumors of failure were on everyones lips, they all continued to go to work and the Opera, blindly dismissing their growing concerns.

This empire too, will wind up on the ash heap of history.

Where is our Valkyrie?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Ala Dirty Harry, huh? The rogue cop that tortures suspects and executes them. I think every brutal cop has made that movie their swan song.

Any but Dirty Harry, go ahead make my day, brand of justice.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbarkow

Here is the New York Times on July 26, 1988: Dukakis Lead Widens, According to New Poll

Here's the source so we can all calm down for a minute. Remembering the Dukakis 17 point lead over Bush

Do you know the reason Dukakis then plummeted at lightspeed?

Here, let me tell you: The slightest hint of mental illness, and the country FREAKED OUT.

Hate to tell you, but yo boy will likely go the same route.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

If you accept the premise that the election of POTUS is legitimate, DT can of course, win.

The vote counting is not legitimate. There is way too much at stake to let people vote.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Ala Dirty Harry, huh? The rogue cop that tortures suspects and executes them. I think every brutal cop has made that movie their swan song.

If we're going to start judging actors as people by the characters they've played then most all those in the Hollywood SJW actor horde are done from here out.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Actor- yes
Director-yes
Producer-yes
Pianist-yes
Composer-yes
Lifeguard-yes
Paper carrier-yes
Grocery clerk-yes
Mayor of Carmel-by-the-Sea......yes.
Appointee to various California state commissions- yes
Forest firefighter- yes
Golf caddy- yes

Police Officer- No.
Clint Eastwood was never a cop, as far as I can tell looking at his bios.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If we're going to start judging actors as people by the characters they've played then most all those in the Hollywood SJW actor horde are done from here out.

Wen did you have your first clue?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Well done!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

But we all know, image is all.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
...and here is a reason why Trump will not win...

"Republican donor Meg Whitman has endorsed his rival Hillary Clinton, saying Mr Trump's "demagoguery" had undermined the national fabric.
Senior party activist Jan Halper-Hayes told the BBC she thought Mr Trump was "psychologically unbalanced".
In the latest controversy, Mr Trump has refused to support two senior figures in his own party."

Cheers

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join