It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM in the UK, BBC article

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
So, we know this has spread past the USA, and has managed to cross the "water-gap" over to the UK.

Activists have voiced hopes that a strong Black Lives Matter movement can be built in Britain following the growth of the campaign in the US. Organiser Joshua Virasami said black people should come together "to achieve justice and equality in Britain".

The movement has grown over the past three years in protest at police killings of black people in America. Small-scale protests have been held near Heathrow and in Nottingham on Friday, resulting in some arrests.

Protesters purporting to be part of the Black Lives Matter movement obstructed traffic en route to Heathrow airport, meanwhile in Nottingham some protesters have laid down on tracks in the city centre causing delays to the tram network.

Oh, but wait. There's more....

Mr Virasami said: "We need black people all over the world to come together, groups and individuals, to build this movement to achieve justice and equality in Britain and all over the world. "We're asking the government to take responsibility, not just to investigate the statistics but to hear the demands of the communities."

All over the world? Should be pretty darned interesting when they get to the African countries. You know, the countries where complicit tribal slave sellers would engage in commerce with those wanting to buy them. No, not all slaves were sold by Africans, but, still....it was there, and it did happen.

Black Lives Matter movement 'needed in UK'

Apparently it's been said in the news yesterday on an alternative forum that Hillary was one bad poll away from pushing for reparations.

Well, here's my thought. How in the world are they going to actually determine who was actually of the family lineage of slaves, and who actually came here since, but not in slavery? How are they going to look at actual DNA percentages?

This is merely one possibility of a situation that is 100% farcical.

And you're looking for reparations for slaves? Well, got news for you. A predominance of melanin does not mean the right to claim 100% rights to slavery. As all races have experienced slavery...how about we look at paying everyone.

And while we're at it, how about we put on our big girl panties and get over it.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: antiguaEstrella

Protesters purporting to be part of the Black Lives Matter movement obstructed traffic en route to Heathrow airport, meanwhile in Nottingham some protesters have laid down on tracks in the city centre causing delays to the tram network.

This again? Do they think this behavior is going to gain any support? All it does is piss people off.

Apparently it's been said in the news yesterday on an alternative forum that Hillary was one bad poll away from pushing for reparations. 

I don't think even the panderer in chief could pull that one off.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The infection is spreading.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Oh brilliant, more stupid people protesting non-existent problems and taking attention away from stuff that is actually, very, very bad about this country.

Gin

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: RobotBomb
The infection is spreading.

True that it's spreading everywhere. BLM found their way into Israel. Can't wait for them to get in Africa & the Middle East next.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
UK abolished slavery a long time ago....

Oi! Is racism against Afro-Brits really a problem over there??

Gin

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gin

'Black Lives Matter' movement arrives in Israel

Another site that wrote about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I think the UK is the wrong place for them to protest as ethnic minorities (most) now perform better in schools than working class whites and take (proportionally) better paid and qualified jobs than working class whites. You are more likely to encounter a Dr Khan, for example, than a Dr Smith over the nation as a whole.

Obviously, whilst there are still issues, we are actually a very inclusive society. They would be better protesting in France, where you see clear racism every single day (from way before the terror attacks and continuing to this day). Every time i have been to Paris, i have personally witnessed asicans and blacks being abused in the streets and on the metro system.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

No, it definitely isn't.

Racist white supremacist movements (Combat 18 and the like) have never been particularly popular, and their members are banned from serving in law enforcement and the like.

My impression (you know, from living here all my life) is that people don't care what colour skin you have, because that doesn't say anything about your character.

I'm surprised Black Lives Matter didn't adopt a new name for their UK branch, but then I guess "Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi lives matter" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Then I remembered It's a Black Supremacist Movement.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

To be fair, whilst allegedly Far Right, C18 always seemed more about the fighting than anything else. The politics of it just gave it a bit of an identity.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Racism Of course exists here as it does everywere.

But UK has got to be the most tolerant nation in the world. Racism is rare and severely frownd upon by 99.9% of the population. We as a nation have worked hard over the years.
edit on 5-8-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

This guy addresses the insanity of it very well.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

But UK has got to be the most tolerant nation in the world. Racism is rare and severely frownd upon by 99.9% of the population. We as a nation have worked hard over the years.

My guess is that you've coddled and even promoted anti-white racism, which is why you now have BLM there too.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
UK abolished slavery a long time ago....

Oi! Is racism against Afro-Brits really a problem over there??

Not really an issue here. The protesters are probably lazy types who are out for a winge. If they have issues with their lives they need to get on a bike and go find a job, work hard and better themselves rather than make a fuss in a country that is incredibly tolerant to everyone.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Doesnt make sense this, I dont see that we have a very bad problem in the UK. Yes you hear bits no bobs, but no country can stop all the problems, but I'd like to think the UK is very tolerant, and I dont care myself what colour the skin is, its just that in the UK we like people to respect the values of the country whilst we all TRY to navigate through modern times.

There are opportunities for all in the UK, we have good schools, colleges, universities, apprenterships, jobs, its a case of making something work for yourself, and once you do you get the respect you want and so a good decent life in the UK which you yourself earned.

If you choose to join gangs, not stay in school, cause problems and be a problem, expect to get isolated, left out and looked down upon.

The few people in that line, seem well dressed, happy enough people and quite relaxed, so what they are doing Im not really sure about.

I live in Wales, which for those who dont know is a little country attached to the left of England, a great country, very friendly, welcoming and we are happy to help people who are happy to say thank you and then put something themselves into society.

We have a Welsh festival called the Eisteddfod, and this story below is the sort of thing you hear plenty in the UK.

www.walesonline.co.uk...

edit on 5/8/16 by multichild because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

great a new nation of Islam to make everyone a jerk. Also a new generation of money vampires to suck poor black people dry....

Fantastic

I hope Soros is beaten to death by one of them.

edit on 8 5 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: crazyewok

My guess is that you've coddled and even promoted anti-white racism, which is why you now have BLM there too.

Pretty much.

The PC brigade likely nurtured it.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: multichild
Doesnt make sense this, I dont see that we have a very bad problem in the UK.

The "problem" is lazy types and the internet. They watch BLM things and it sets them off. Same with the minority of Muslims who are causing trouble much of this being watching the internet and getting ideas. The internet is brainwashing people.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I cant see it gaining any momentum, if it does and there really is a problem, then fair enough I suppose, I'd rather get these things sorted than have them festering in society.

If there is a real problem, and I'm not talking about small isolated issues, I mean a real problem for black people, then I havent seen it or felt it but I'm happy to say sorry if I'm wrong, and sorry to that person who has been effected.

But I'm not going to say sorry if youve put more effort in being a problem than a good person, and that goes for every person in the UK, not just black people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join