It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

German Psychiatrist Wants To Scan Refugees Brains

page: 1

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:13 AM

. . . migration in general can also precipitate forms of psychosis, like schizophrenia . . .

Many of us have experienced people going a little crazy with the shock of travel. It can happen to anyone.

. . . questions like: “have you seen anything suspicious?”. We know from studies with settled migrants that those most at risk have a tendency to be suspicious of their environment.

I find it stressful when settled migrants are suspicious of me. In this situation anything I do seems suspicious. Be friendly, unfriendly, ignore, every possible course of action seems likely to generate more suspicion.

Would the study help refugees?
We hope we can develop an early-recognition programme to identify people who are most at risk of developing psychosis and who would most benefit from intervention — without having to put them in a scanner.

Pre-psychosis intervention. I can't see that being easy.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:22 AM
Sounds like an old 60s B-Movie
I vant to scan your brain. blahahaha

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:34 AM
Sure they might be hiding something in their cranium we need to know about it, like... i dunno a gun?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:40 AM
a reply to: Gothmog

Ha. Ha. Ha. We haf se finest hu-mor, you know?

In fact, Mr. Meyer-Lindenberg is well-known and a prolific psychologist. Here is more about his study: Link (in German only, sry)

Tl;DR: Immigrants from war-ridden countries might have PTSD. Who knew?...

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:02 AM
a reply to: ManFromEurope
You know some of us old Southern folk can read a smatter of German . Well , enough to get by on.
I know where and what Ramstein is.
Yeah , war . Bad how it affects people. One day though in the hopefully not so distant future....

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:46 PM
Ah! the old "Islam is a tumor" theory!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:02 PM
Hmmnn... sounds a lot like history repeating itself

new topics

top topics