It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to tell what an ATS member likes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I have a thing, and it works.

When you go to the profile page, on the LHS (Left Hand Side) you will see the forums that the particular ATS member has STARTED A THREAD in. There is a count as to how many times the member has started a thread in that particular forum. For instance, I clearly have issues with ***ATS management.......

Anyway, when you couple this information with a regular dose of that particular members contributions to this site, you can very quickly gauge what that member thinks and how they approach a particular subject.

and then it's just a matter of honing your skills to be able to get your message across whilst still being civil.

and nice.

It's one of the easiest things to do, because it comes naturally to pretty much everyone.

Yes, I'm preaching to the converted, but sometimes it's good to get a reminder.

ATS is like a garden, many and wonderful are the flowers that exist therein.

Don't be a weed.

***I do NOT have issues with ATS management***

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Your post begs the question...Is there ATS management and if so who drop out of the BurgerKing manager training program?
Cheers

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

and then it's just a matter of honing your skills to be able to get your message across whilst still being civil.
and nice.
It's one of the easiest things to do, because it comes naturally to pretty much everyone.
Yes, I'm preaching to the converted, but sometimes it's good to get a reminder.
ATS is like a garden, many and wonderful are the flowers that exist therein.
Don't be a weed.

Although I was aware that existed, I'm not sure I ever paid much attention to it. Very nice reminders above.
'Don't be a weed'-Love that!

I can see that being a fairly useful gauge. I would add to also check the dates that particular threads were made.
Some folks opinions and beliefs may change often, mine do. I think sometimes a person's replies can be just as telling. Of course it is not realistic to chase around looking for someone's replies, is it?

Nice thread!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I don't usually go there either, but just went to check it out and noticed the Movie icon doesn't show up.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Don't be a weed.

Be the weed control

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Hey Aware!

Did you scroll down far enough?

Is this it?

www.abovetopsecret.com...&fid=62

Odd, I can't get the page with just the movie icon including the thread you created to link properly
edit on 5-8-2016 by TNMockingbird because: bad link/odd

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Hey TN, yeah i did it's just not showing up.

The hour glass is near the bottom of that page, the rest show up but the Movie icon.

May be a glitch i don't know for sure.
edit on 8/5/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Guys I think he's right look:

haha

< 3

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

This will need to be addressed. I have no doubt that proactive contributions such as those in this thread will enable Bill & Co to nail any inconsistencies.

I appreciate the wonderful feedback thus far.

Cheers guys.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

lol

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
How about we remove the posting and thread history of individual members...or allow members the option of keeping it private?

Sure ATS security is awesome, but maybe...in the future, there may be material listed there that a hostile government or political organizations or agencies could/would use against specific individuals.
edit on 5-8-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Im not sure bro, consider the most I contribute to as far as forums is the art section but because it is an art section I do not always lump tons of art into a single thread as I do different pieces of art I post to give you all the ability to experience with me. The cause of this creates a larger amount of threads posted versus the things I actively read about on here including the things I post to and the things unseen as I just read along.

I can say though that it is a good place to start in understanding individuals on a site that is prosperous by a collective.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

That's true, like creepy stalker guys who won't stop razzing you.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I don't see why a privacy feature/option, at least, would not be a good idea.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I have made 358 threads and 96 of them are in the general chit chat forums, I think that sums me up pretty well.

19 in the music forum, 14 in the board business and 12 rants.

I think that given I have been here a little under 2 years it telly you that I need to get out a little more often.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

***I do NOT have issues with ATS management***

The night is still young.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
A view from the lighter side I guess ...

new topics

top topics

join