It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on the internal strife of the Republican party from a Liberal Democrat perspective

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I don't see as much racism as much as I see snap-back from the rubber band that the pc crowd has stretched to the breaking point.

Of course there are some people who are just racist, for whatever reason they think they have. But there are a whole lot of people who are just sick of being told what to think and what to like and what to accept or get called all sorts of names, including racist and bigot, if they don't. It seems like the idea of a personal opinion has gone the way of the dodo. You can't have a personal opinion unless it has been approved by the pc crowd. If your opinion strays too far from the left, well get ready to be labeled and harangued mercilessly - for daring to disagree and have your own opinion.

This affect extends far beyond race. It is invading every aspect of our lives. I have been saying for years the snap back is going to hurt. This is going to leave a mark. And it is far from over.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I don't see as much racism as much as I see snap-back from the rubber band that the pc crowd has stretched to the breaking point.

Of course there are some people who are just racist, for whatever reason they think they have. But there are a whole lot of people who are just sick of being told what to think and what to like and what to accept or get called all sorts of names, including racist and bigot, if they don't. It seems like the idea of a personal opinion has gone the way of the dodo. You can't have a personal opinion unless it has been approved by the pc crowd. If your opinion strays too far from the left, well get ready to be labeled and harangued mercilessly - for daring to disagree and have your own opinion.

This affect extends far beyond race. It is invading every aspect of our lives. I have been saying for years the snap back is going to hurt. This is going to leave a mark. And it is far from over.

Interesting observation, as the right wingers came in and called the OP ignorant and a liar. Trump doesn't support free speech, seems his followers are the same.

ETA: I think the republicans are done in November, unless they are somehow able to re-label the party, they are finished for national office.
edit on 8/5/2016 by BubbaJoe because: Had another thought

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Interesting observation, as the right wingers came in and called the OP ignorant and a liar. Trump doesn't support free speech, seems his followers are the same.

ETA: I think the republicans are done in November, unless they are somehow able to re-label the party, they are finished for national office.

I am more a trump follower than a killary follower and I have no problem speaking my mind, nor do I have a problem with anyone else doing so. Unless it is outright lies. That I have a problem with.

I think the republican party did themselves in and will require some kind of a reboot to get going again. However, I can also say the only thing keeping the democrats going is the promise of free stuff, up to and including citizenship, if you vote for them. Were it not for the endless line of people with their hands out the democrats would be done too. Take out the illegal alien vote and things are already looking pretty even. Stop redistricting, like they do in Chicago, and democrats would be out on their collective asses in no time. Neither party is a bargain right now. Which is why the two party system is a farce. We just need candidates, not political parties. We don't need delegates or super delegates or an electoral college. We just need candidates and a fair vote where only living legal citizens vote and every vote counts the same as any other.
edit on 5-8-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

We should all get a double star we can give, once per day, for post like that ^
edit on 5-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I am more a trump follower than a killary follower and I have no problem speaking my mind, nor do I have a problem with anyone else doing so. Unless it is outright lies. That I have a problem with.

I think the republican party did themselves in and will require some kind of a reboot to get going again. However, I can also say the only thing keeping the democrats going is the promise of free stuff, up to and including citizenship, if you vote for them. Were it not for the endless line of people with their hands out the democrats would be done too. Take out the illegal alien vote and things are already looking pretty even. Stop redistricting, like they do in Chicago, and democrats would be out on their collective asses in no time. Neither party is a bargain right now. Which is why the two party system is a farce. We just need candidates, not political parties. We don't need delegates or super delegates or an electoral college. We just need candidates and a fair vote where only living legal citizens vote and every vote counts the same as any other.

It's odd to hear you say that.

As someone who sounds more conservative than not...

The part I'm referring to is each vote counting the same.

Rural areas are predominantly red. The electoral college gives more weight to rural votes (economic point/citizen ratio). If we were a true democracy and eliminated the electoral college, Republicans wouldn't have a mathematical shot at winning.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

I disagree. There are enough people who are sick of democrat rule that they would flip that coin in a second. Of course I refer to mainly Chicago and the suburbs as that is where I live. I am certain, however, that this feeling extends far behind the boundary of Chicago. If it were not for the districts, drawn by the democrats, they would be long gone. District 4 and District 6 are probably the best examples. They take heavily concentrated areas of conservatives and attach them to larger areas of democrats, always ensuring the democrats have the greater numbers. By doing so they take away any possibility of a conservative majority, no matter how ridiculous the maps ends up being, and negating the larger conservative voter base in the process. If this is not disenfranchising at its best, I don't know what is.

link

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Lets face the fact that what the liberals do not want for their own reasons is anything that looks like anti-tax, the producers of tax revenue standing up for themselves ect. And frankly the big corporate welfare sorts in the Republican party don't like it much. Look what they both tried to do to the Tea Party. Its about the gravy train sucking america dry.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I am very impressed with your OP. You've hit on some very important, and perhaps ugly truths.

Everything he said was a baseless claim or lie. What "truths" are you talking about?

Here is a ugly truth you wont like. You are everything you claim to be against.

What OP said was what he sees and his opinion on the state of the GOP. And based on many of the replies I have seen in this thread and countless others in other treads, I would say OP is right. A large segment of the Republican party can not see the forest from the trees. Sometimes it takes an outsider to show you what is right in front of you, or some times you have to step back and see the whole pictrue.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

Dude this is all a false bag of philosophy here, OP. Every day the democrats ALARM others with their talk about burring the constitution, making it of no effect, by laws upon laws. We see them using IRS to hound political groups not to their liking, we see them agitating one way or another against americans that have been here for many generations and new arrivals and teach the later to disobey the law and demonstrate contempt.

No the only people in the Republican party who are starting to see things they way the democrats see things......oh and their press propaganda ministry.....CBS, ABC ect are those that are being lured into a vacuum of carefully crafted narratives.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

But apparently you have no problem with the lies of the Republicans, or Trump for that matter. Undocumented immigrants cannot vote, if you have proof otherwise, please provide it, other than that, just more Fox News Faux rage from the right. The last group slapped down for redistricting issues were your beloved Republicans. Your rose colored glasses are thick.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
To the OP, thank you for the post and it is interesting to read your take on what you've experienced.

I'm a registered republican that believed in fiscal conservatism. Sadly, my party has left me many years ago as our republican officials have proven that they are not capable of running a government. The democrats are not far behind, but they in realty do a better job of running this country. From what I have seen, there are about 3 issues that contribute to a self fulfilling prophecy for republicans. Unfortunately, these people completely don't how their own policies hurt them but I feel that it is important to point these out.

1. The Republican belief of a poor economy: What seriously contributes to this is the poor "trickle down" tax policy of the GOP. George Bush Sr. called it right. This is voodoo economics has allowed a small percentage of americans become extremely rich at the back of the general population while greatly expanding our national debt/deficit.

2. Climate change is a hoax: This is probably the saddest part of the GOP. In no time in the history of this planet have we seen warming to this planet occur so fast within 100 years. Yes, the planet has warmed over time, in past cycles, that took thousands of years.

What's interesting is that there are a whole lot of farmers who are republicans that don't believe in this, but climate change is in progress of impacting their farming business. If you come to California and other Southwest states, you'll see that drought has ravaged our farming communities. The farmers are pissed because of water rationing and have been demanding more water, but completely fail to see that climate change is creating the droughts which is going to get worse and will eventually put these farmers out of business and lead to food price increases. In poorer countries this is going to result in famine which will lead to large scale wars. But no, some of my stubborn republican brothers will not admit that this is a problem.

3. Our country is a very violent place. If it is an extremely violent place and you're tired of hearing about mass shootings that occur every week. Maybe we need to tell the NRA to shut the f up and not allow them to control the GOP. I know this is blasphemy for many republicans, but we do have a gun problem in the US and the republican party has allowed the NRA to control our thoughts on what is acceptable under the 2nd amendment. Sadly as a party, we cannot admit that this something that needs to be addressed and don't think the GOP will have the courage to take this on.

You add these three big issues together and you see the reason why many republicans are so angry at the state of the US. What my fellow republicans need to do is to take a deep look into their beliefs that they cling onto so dearly and see the downside of these poor sales pitches that have proven to be disastrous for our country. Slowly, there are a lot of republicans beginning to wake up to these issues, but there are still millions of people that will not accept the fact that they have been fooled by their own leadership in the GOP and will continue to support a party that is crumbling by the day.
edit on 6-8-2016 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
To the OP, thank you for the post and it is interesting to read your take on what you've experienced.

I'm a registered republican that believed in fiscal conservatism. Sadly, my party has left me many years ago as our republican officials have proven that they are not capable of running a government. The democrats are not far behind, but they in realty do a better job of running this country. From what I have seen, there are about 3 issues that contribute to a self fulfilling prophecy for republicans. Unfortunately, these people completely don't how their own policies hurt them but I feel that it is important to point these out.

1. The Republican belief of a poor economy: What seriously contributes to this is the poor "trickle down" tax policy of the GOP. George Bush Sr. called it right. This is voodoo economics has allowed a small percentage of americans become extremely rich at the back of the general population while greatly expanding our national debt/deficit.

2. Climate change is a hoax: This is probably the saddest part of the GOP. In no time in the history of this planet have we seen warming to this planet occur so fast within 100 years. Yes, the planet has warmed over time, in past cycles, that took thousands of years.

What's interesting is that there are a whole lot of farmers who are republicans that don't believe in this, but climate change is in progress of impacting their farming business. If you come to California and other Southwest states, you'll see that drought has ravaged our farming communities. The farmers are pissed because of water rationing and have been demanding more water, but completely fail to see that climate change is creating the droughts which is going to get worse and will eventually put these farmers out of business and lead to food price increases. In poorer countries this is going to result in famine which will lead to large scale wars. But no, some of my stubborn republican brothers will not admit that this is a problem.

3. Our country is a very violent place. If it is an extremely violent place and you're tired of hearing about mass shootings that occur every week. Maybe we need to tell the NRA to shut the f up and not allow them to control the GOP. I know this is blasphemy for many republicans, but we do have a gun problem in the US and the republican party has allowed the NRA to control our thoughts on what is acceptable under the 2nd amendment. Sadly as a party, we cannot admit that this something that needs to be addressed and don't think the GOP will have the courage to take this on.

You add these three big issues together and you see the reason why many republicans are so angry at the state of the US. What my fellow republicans need to do is to take a deep look into their beliefs that they cling onto so dearly and see the downside of these poor sales pitches that have proven to be disastrous for our country. Slowly, there are a lot of republicans beginning to wake up to these issues, but there are still millions of people that will not accept the fact that they have been fooled by their own leadership in the GOP and will continue to support a party that is crumbling by the day.

Excellent post, as an Independent, I think you have hit the major points. However, you left out social issues, and this is where I believe that the republicans are losing a lot of traction.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Secretary Clinton's inability to think on her feet speak extemporaneously will be her downfall of the debates...The debates will be an absolute debacle for the Democratic Party and I cannot wait...

Pretty much this, combined with her tendency to go down in the polls when she actually talks and makes herself public.

Now I know some people will say "But the convention" but they neglect to mention 3 days of 'political fluffers' that preceded her.

Anyways, back to the OP.

No, there is not a large base of racists in the GOP. There *IS* a large base of people who disagree with the Democratic Party's idea of diversity. The Democrats have been pushing a false premise that "disagreement = hate."

Yes, there is a problem in the Republican party... it's the 'cocktail party' class of inner power brokers who talk the talk but do not walk the conservative walk. They are all about preserving their core power and leading the base along. Kind of like the Democrats to the minorities.

Evolution requires obstacles to be overcome, adversity to be weathered, competition to excel. I see none of these attributes in the main Democratic party. What is see is domestication of the electorate by keeping them safe from external pressures and mental retardation by promoting emotion over critical thinking.

Anyways, you are young. Plenty of time for the scales to fall from your eyes and realize that the Democratic party is not the future, it is based in regressive policies of government ruling the people.
edit on 6-8-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Christosterone
Secretary Clinton's inability to think on her feet speak extemporaneously will be her downfall of the debates...The debates will be an absolute debacle for the Democratic Party and I cannot wait...

Pretty much this, combined with her tendency to go down in the polls when she actually talks and makes herself public.

Now I know some people will say "But the convention" but they neglect to mention 3 days of 'political fluffers' that preceded her.

Anyways, back to the OP.

No, there is not a large base of racists in the GOP. There *IS* a large base of people who disagree with the Democratic Party's idea of diversity. The Democrats have been pushing a false premise that "disagreement = hate."

Yes, there is a problem in the Republican party... it's the 'cocktail party' class of inner power brokers who talk the talk but do not walk the conservative walk. They are all about preserving their core power and leading the base along. Kind of like the Democrats to the minorities.

Evolution requires obstacles to be overcome, adversity to be weathered, competition to excel. I see none of these attributes in the main Democratic party. What is see is domestication of the electorate by keeping them safe from external pressures and mental retardation by promoting emotion over critical thinking.

Anyways, you are young. Plenty of time for the scales to fall from your eyes and realize that the Democratic party is not the future, it is based in regressive policies of government ruling the people.

Politics is a game of perception. As long as the dembs foster the perception that the GOP is a bunch of racist white rich guys ...... and Trump sure helped cement that perception....The Republicans cease to be relevant as the electorate changes with minorities getting more and more power.

The Republicans tried for years to gain favor with minorities and made some strides in that direction....Trump destroyed that.

And the roe v wade litmus test for Republicans won't help with the conservative movement... Change or always be the minority party.

The Libertarians are growing at an astonishing rate because the GOP is stuck in the past. lead, follow or get out of the way....
edit on 6-8-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

But apparently you have no problem with the lies of the Republicans, or Trump for that matter. Undocumented immigrants cannot vote, if you have proof otherwise, please provide it, other than that, just more Fox News Faux rage from the right. The last group slapped down for redistricting issues were your beloved Republicans. Your rose colored glasses are thick.

I said I have problem with lies - period. Your deflection is pointless.

It is illegal for illegal aliens (not undocumented immigrants) to vote. But it is also illegal for them to be here in the first place. They misrepresent their citizenship status for all kinds of things, but not to vote according to you... Uh huh...

link

link

link

They are not my beloved republicans. I am not democrat or republican. Though, considering the blind rhetoric from you and your side, I would say with confidence if I had to choose one over the other it would be republican. Exactly what republican redistricting are you referring to? Please provide sources, or...you know the rest...

I may be wearing rose colored glasses, but at least they are the correct prescription and I see clearly. Try it some time.

Be completely honest - do you want illegal aliens voting for our nation's leader? That is a yes or no question.
edit on 6-8-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Comeys description of Hillary's "unsophistication" was regarding classified nomenclature as well as with "email"....

Go to 2:10

-Christosterone

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You have to understand that the GOP has been changing a lot over the past Century. The progressives left with Teddy Roosevelt. The Rockefeller Republicans left in the 1970's. The Dixiecrat arrived and poisoned everything with racism that was carefully hidden in the Southern Strategy and that led to the flight of the minorities (African-Americans, Asians and now Hispanics) and now the sensible Republicans are bailing on them as well.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Politics is a game of perception. As long as the dembs foster the perception that the GOP is a bunch of racist white rich guys ...... and Trump sure helped cement that perception....The Republicans cease to be relevant as the electorate changes with minorities getting more and more power.

1) Democrats are working to cement that perception, not Trump and the GOP. Identity politics and all that.
2) More identity politics. Conservatism does not care about skin color or nationality. As more people see what does and does not work they will gravitate to conservatism.

The Republicans tried for years to gain favor with minorities and made some strides in that direction....Trump destroyed that.

Trump hasn't destroyed anything. That's what Democrats want everyone to think.

And the roe v wade litmus test for Republicans won't help with the conservative movement... Change or always be the minority party.

I have not heard a thing about abortion except from the Democrats. And as for minority party, the natioanl Congress and majority of state legislatures tell a different story.

The Libertarians are growing at an astonishing rate because the GOP is stuck in the past. lead, follow or get out of the way....

If the libertarians fall into the same trap of social progressivism on all levels they will be the new democrat-lite. That will ensure they lose to Democrats every time.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: defiythelie

Dude this is all a false bag of philosophy here, OP. Every day the democrats ALARM others with their talk about burring the constitution, making it of no effect, by laws upon laws. We see them using IRS to hound political groups not to their liking, we see them agitating one way or another against americans that have been here for many generations and new arrivals and teach the later to disobey the law and demonstrate contempt.

No the only people in the Republican party who are starting to see things they way the democrats see things......oh and their press propaganda ministry.....CBS, ABC ect are those that are being lured into a vacuum of carefully crafted narratives.

Thanks for proving my point. Some on the right can not see the forest from the trees. Your comment is laced with alt-right propaganda and then you go on to call CBS and ABC the ministry of propaganda for the left.

Are you really going to claim that the left is calling for the Constitution to be burned? Are you really claim that all Democrats are immigrants hell bent on agitating "Americans"? That the left is teaching immigrants to disobey the law?

If so then you are so deep in the forest that you will never make it out.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This exactly the kind of talking point thread that Correct The Record would use to distract people from Hillary's crimes and misdeeds.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join