It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there ever be another peace time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
With all this war on terrorism going on today, I have always wondered that since the day of 9-11-01, if there will ever be another peace time for the United States. We are at wartime now, and it is getting really old. I like George Bush, but the dumb guy should have gotten Osama Bin Laden while he had him in his hands. Now he has let him go. My opinion is that the only reason why he caught Saddam, is because Saddam is the one that fought his father in the Gulf War. So GWB just got mad and went after him. Anyways on to my subject. All of the things going on now, establishing a new government, raiding the middle east of all evil, is NEVER going to happen.
And of course as we continue to send troops over there, to let them die for no reason, we caught what/who we were after, why dont we retreat and come home? Yea im sure the US is scared of being raided, but let it go for a little bit and see what happens. Just keep up a tight guard while staying at peacetime. I remember when I was a little boy, peace time was so great, nothing was wrong, the society was great. Until 9-11, all hell broke loose, and the US immediately went to war. There will be another holocaust, but I gurantee that it will be nuclear. The more our technology advances, the more the world destroys itsself. And it will destroy itsself, due to our advanced technology. Im starting to not want to be here. Its a scary place. Im not skitzo or anything, im just saying, think about it, there probably wont be another peace time.

[edit on 19-1-2005 by asala]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I can't remember a time when there has been peace. There is always violence somewhere in the world, always has been, always will be. There may be peace for us all soon though, if Bush has his way, the peace of unburied nuclear death. After the fallout clears, and man's reign is over, maybe earth can try again.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You have never been in peace times. Just because nobody attacked America in the last decades it does not mean USA was in peace. Infact, it was very busy spreading warfare around, as it is now and, beside hopes, it seem it will be still.
It was an illusion of peace, I'm sorry, and I am not talking as an anti-american, as I am not. I'd like to love your country and in may ways I do, but things will change only and when someone in charge of your country will truly believe that any place in this world is every inch as important as America. That, and the immense power of your country, will make America the land of the free it claims to be.
I don't want to offend anyone really, but Usa's foreign policy is now one of the biggest problem on this planet. The Bush administration should be prosecuted for crime against humanity, on many levels I may add. Saddam was a teddy bear in comparison. The whole world depends on this and it is more than scary, this is actual mass destruction.

dh

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Wars will cease when men (or women) refuse to fight
Of course that means overthrowing and dismantling the ruling and manipulative elite
The greater part of humanity wakes up and starts taking control of their lives and their environment
There's no use liking Dubya or any one of the scumbag elite
They're all of the problem, nothing of the solution
They'll keep you locked in wartime conditions forever
War is the health of the state
And this is a global corporate state they're creating
Where you will mean nothing and better dead

[edit on 19-1-2005 by dh]

[edit on 19-1-2005 by dh]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Is nothing wrong with wanting peace, in the world I think we all will like that.

But from the humble beginnings of our civilization peace has always been in the minds but never in the harts.

Only enlightenment and spiritual grow will bring consciousness to the human race and then we will accept each other for what we are.

One human race on earth and the understanding of our own uniqueness.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
There has NEVER been peace on this planet. There have always been wars, battles, and skirmishes between groups of people as well as individuals. Perhaps this is because we lack communication skills or, maybe, that is the nature of the beast -- man is a violent animal.

Can't we all just get along? (obviously not)

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I know there has never been peace on this earth and never will be, but like what im saying is that, when does anybody think that the US will be in its own peace time ?...I agree with the thing on GWB being prosecuted over the humane thing. Heck, ide much rather Bill Clinton being president than GWB. Yeah so maybe he got a litte leg in the office, but I think he was still a better president than George W. Like the way he handled wars and violence.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by creamsoda
With all this war on terrorism going on today, I have always wondered that since the day of 9-11-01, if there will ever be another peace time for the United States. We are at wartime now, and it is getting really old.

Its been a few years. Vietnam was 10. And the allies didn't get bored with the threat of nazi domination.

I like George Bush, but the dumb guy should have gotten Osama Bin Laden while he had him in his hands. Now he has let him go. My opinion is that the only reason why he caught Saddam, is because Saddam is the one that fought his father in the Gulf War. So GWB just got mad and went after him. Anyways on to my subject. All of the things going on now, establishing a new government, raiding the middle east of all evil, is NEVER going to happen.
And of course as we continue to send troops over there, to let them die for no reason, we caught what/who we were after, why dont we retreat and come home? Yea im sure the US is scared of being raided, but let it go for a little bit and see what happens.
Letting it go was what the US practiced for years. THe results were the original world trade center bombing, the embassy bombings, the attack on the Cole, and finally 911.

Just keep up a tight guard while staying at peacetime.

Better to fight a prolonged and difficult war abroad than have massive restrictions on your own people and live under a siege mentality.

I remember when I was a little boy, peace time was so great, nothing was wrong, the society was great. Until 9-11, all hell broke loose, and the US immediately went to war. There will be another holocaust, but I gurantee that it will be nuclear.
Your guarentees are pretty meaningless especially if you were a 'little boy' bewhen there were no wars.

The more our technology advances, the more the world destroys itsself.

Technological advancement has resulted in less destructive wars. Instead of a heap of rubble and fire, baghdad is a city that has sanitation problems.

And it will destroy itsself, due to our advanced technology. Im starting to not want to be here. Its a scary place.
The world has allways been a scary place. Best to get used to it, or maybe adapt to it.

Im not skitzo or anything, im just saying, think about it, there probably wont be another peace time.

When is this mystical 'peace time' that you talk off? After WWII there was the korean war, the colonial wars for the europeans, part of which became the vietnam war for the US, then the south american little wars, the constant threat of soviet invasion of eastern europe, then revolutions in the middle east that resulted in a new era of hostage taking and more fighting by proxy, the somali expedition and the first gulf war the balkan war and now the afghan war and iraq war. You'd have to be, what, 5 to have not been around in wartime?

What you suggest is 910 thinking, and isn't even doable. When extermination camps are set up in iraq by iraqis after a US withdrawl, when saudi arabia is threatened by Iranian territorial expansion by US withdrawl, what exactly do you think the US is going to do? Nothing? Stand by and let what would happen happen?

Lots of people suggested similar thinking in the lead up to WWI. The delay in US involvment probably resulted in a much more deadly and destructive war. Hell, permanent non-involvment of the US could've resulted in Europe being ruled by the Kaiser right now, or similar thinking in wwii could've resulted in nazi nukes and nazi europe and the complete exterminination of entire peoples. I mean, its like saying, after pearl harbour, that the japanese were right to attack the US, and that, either way, the US should abandon the terribly destructive and much longer war.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
If you are refering to peace time from 'terrorist attacks' (which are mostly just revenge attacks for past transgretions against them), then you will be in for a long wait, for when the US attacked Afganistan and Iraq it ensured attacks on the west for many decades to come.

As i've stated before, revenge can wait a lifetime.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
First i would like to state the war on "terroism" is a croc!
With that out of the way, war will never stop on this planet as people have already said, but will america see peace in this generation....i doubt. The american war machine has started and i dont see it stopping to soon. America will find another target to further there impeialistic desires, and then this big bad country will be hoaxed up like iraq to be made out a threat to the U.S. America is a powerful country with allies who are powerful, yet its allies are dropping like flies. And my assumption is that america will end up trying to take the whole middle east, which they will fail at....I can see that bold eagle flying dead to the ground in the next 60 years. I will use a cliche here...."what goes up, must come down"

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn when the US attacked Afganistan and Iraq it ensured attacks on the west for many decades to come.

afghanistan had little impact in this, iraq only exposed what was already there, better to expose the threat than let it fester and plot big attacks, radical islam has been a problem long before 9/11.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I dont there ever as been a peace time. As for Iraq it is a costly side show which is chewing up resouces that should be used to find Bin Ladin . Sadly Bushs quick fixs are sending Iraq down the road of disater and failuare.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn
then you will be in for a long wait, for when the US attacked Afganistan and Iraq it ensured attacks on the west for many decades to come.

Since not attacking afghanistan resulted in terror attacks, I guess its loose loose then eh?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Since the beginning of civilization men have been killing each other for every reason imaginable. There's no such thing as peace.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Since not attacking afghanistan resulted in terror attacks, I guess its loose loose then eh?

Well did you ever stop to the think that 9/11 might have been a revenge attack for a different American President's transgressions from the past? And that by doing things like attack Afghanistan just starts the revenge cycle over again?

Ahh yes I can picture it now, some kid that was affected by the US Afghanistan invasion wait's 20 year's and grows up angry just so he can bomb an American place of interest and finally get revenge for what that country did to him.
I can also imagine the reactions of the American public...
"WTF was that for! we don't remember doing anything to that guy! TERRORIST!"

[edit on 22-1-2005 by Johnny Redburn]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
has there ever been a peace time ? I mean if you don't take a euro-centric view, and consider africa, asia, etc, there has probably been at least 1 war going on as far back as our history books go, imo

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yeah I want peace, but there will only be peace when there is no war. And as long as the people support the American government, there will be war and no peace.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by creamsoda
With all this war on terrorism going on today, I have always wondered that since the day of 9-11-01, if there will ever be another peace time for the United States.

What world do you live in? There are things going on that you do not read about or hear about.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by ancientsailor]

new topics

top topics

join