It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Hillary Clinton would hike taxes by $1.3 trillion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Hillary Clinton comes up $2.2 trillion short in paying for her policy agenda, despite hiking taxes by $1.3 trillion, according to a new analysis of the Democratic nominee’s campaign platform.

The American Action Forum, a center-right policy institute, released a report Thursday finding Clinton’s domestic agenda would “have a dramatic effect on the federal budget.”

Gordon Gray, American Action Forum’s director of fiscal policy, based the report on estimates of policy proposals from the Clinton campaign itself, as well as independent analyses from the Tax Policy Center and the Center for a Responsible Federal Budget.

Gray found Clinton’s policies for expanding government’s role in family leave and student loans would contribute significantly to the deficit, and in turn a growing national debt that stands at $19.358 trillion.

LINK

The thing that I find most frightening is the Democratic Party having control of both houses of Congress with Clinton in the White House. That will be like the foxes guarding the hen house, fiscally speaking.

Does anyone really want the US to become a one-party state at the Federal level?

I have to comment on Fox News' reporting of this story. Maria Bartiromo does not look different than she did 30 years ago.

edit on 5-8-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Does anyone really want the US to become a one-party state at the Federal level?

Poor fellow! Don't you know that the US is already a one-party state?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I'm surprised that news of this huge tax hike was released on a Thursday. Usually it would come on a Friday evening, when most Americans aren't paying attention.

I'd like to see how much this $1.3 Trillion tax increase will cost every taxpayer, and for Donald Trump to use that number in his "Stop Hillary" messages.

If Hillary were smart, she'd declare that every person's income tax would drop by $2,500 a year, like Obama promised that everyone's health insurance premium would drop by $2,500. Worked for him in 2008!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I don't care what party is in charge. They don't deserve another penny from a tax payer until they get their spending house in order. That means don't spend more then you take in. It is a good start. Its pretty simple..........if you don't have it don't spend it.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
As usual the tax hikes, will hit the working class already been hit by another Democrat legacy Obamacare, I am sure that Hillary foundation supporters the wealthy and rich will be unscathed from the tax hikes after all they just donate their surplus to Hillary foundation and avoid the taxation.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Actually, its been a one party state at the Federal level since Bill Clinton was in office. It would take 20 continuous years of an opposing parties control of the Federal government to scrub the Democrat bureaucrats, operatives, analysts, policy makers, contractors and worse, regulations out of the Federal government.

After 8 years of Obama, its really a done deal.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
That's not surprising... I can't remember a platform that realistically paid its way, and I'm a pretty old fart.

It doesn't really matter if her platform is financially balanced or not, though. Her platform, just like Obama's platform in 2012, Obama's platform in 2008, Bush's platform in 2004, Bush's platform in 2000, Clinton's platform in 1996, Clinton's platform in 1992, Bush's platform in 1988, Reagan's platform in 1984, Reagan's platform in 1980, Carter's platform in 1976, and Nixon's platform in 1972, is just hollow promises. The real agenda is something different, something she, like all those before her, is keeping quiet about.

The disgusting truth is that there is no real need to put names on ballots in the US. We have no idea what we're voting for anyway. And I think the people know this deep down inside. That's the appeal of Trump: a quiet hope that maybe, just maybe he won't lie to us.

A false hope, maybe, but a hope nonetheless.

I do believe Hillary Clinton's agenda is to make Hillary Clinton great again. That's experience talking; every political move she has ever made was for her personal benefit... I believe, right down to marrying Bill. I also believe there is nowhere she would call as too far in her quest for personal fortune and fame.

Maybe Trump is the same; I don't really know. He certainly seems to speak off the cuff a lot, which typically doesn't indicate dishonesty. But I digress...

If you're listening to Hilliary's words, I guess this would be surprising. Listen to her actions, and you won't be.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That is the part that I can not get into the heads of those that back this woman, I know Trump is not better, but this woman is the worst, Trump is after all a business man and we know how they get to keep their fortunes, but Hillary is a no businesswoman she is an opportunistic with delirious of grandeur, is not about the people is about Hillary the president, the first woman president even if her presidency tag her the most corrupted president in history.

But at least history is what will keep her going.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If she raises the taxes it may effect others but it won't effect me as I don't pay any taxes already. However, when they're tired of the National Debt they'll just cancel it and all the Treasury Bond Holders will be out a bunch of money. China did it in 1949 for 50 billion and we can do it whenever. To big to fail... My best,

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Friday, August 12, 2016

Hillary Clinton stated in her "major" economic address in Detroit yesterday, that she will raise taxes on the top 5% of income earners, and on corporations... to the tune of $1.3 Trillion (TRILLION!) dollars.

1. Why would she levy taxes like this on the very people (Ex: Soros), and entities (Ex: CNN), who helped her get elected?

2. Doesn't Hillary know that a huge portion of this insane $1.3 Trillion tax hike will roll downhill, and land squarely on the backs of the Middle Class that she claims to care about?

Something doesn't add up. I get the feeling that Hillary's been consulting with Obamacare's P.R. guy, Jonathan Gruber. He said that Americans are so stupid that we don't realize what's happening to us, until it's too late.

new topics

top topics

join