It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were doomed! DOOMED I tell ya...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well, another asteroid is on its way to kill us all. This one is 150 Sq. miles and will do to us what another supposedly did to the dinosaurs. Its a good thing the world will end in 2012..hehehehehe.....

I just can't help but wonder why anyone would believe such stuff. Here is a link:

www.indiadaily.com...

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I notice IndiaDaily conveniently left out the specific designation for the object in question...too bad, cuz anyone the least bit interested in such things can easily run a computer model from this page...

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

A bit of nosing around the headers on their homepage will reveal a spot to print the object name/number and then it has a nifty program to run it through the decades at whatever speed you like...days, months, years.
There is also a graph showing how close it is projected to come to us.

So...if there's no name or designation, I just put it down to fear mongering.

lol ...fear mongering...what a strange phrase

[edit on 19-1-2005 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Ahhh good old indiadaily.com

They publish *anything*... you could take a dump on a piece of paper and they would publish it..

makes you wonder though, doesn't it.. are people in India that gullable or that desparate for this type of rubbish???

Osiris

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

From the IndiaDaily article
Many of these Asteroids sometimes come from other solar systems and even other Galaxies. That is when traditional Asteroid models fail. According to scientists in Delhi, the initial projected model though not confirmed shows that the Asteroids are not from Solar System and are coming a large cluster.

HAHAHAHA! Ah, IndiaDaily... What a great site.
So far every astronomy article that I've seen from them has been comparable to an astronomy article from The Onion.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

I just can't help but wonder why anyone would believe such stuff. Wupy

Here from your own source:

The data received is vague and is yet to be confirmed

One day Chicken Little was walking in the woods when -- KERPLUNK -- an acorn fell on her head
"Oh my goodness!" said Chicken Little. "The sky is falling! I must go and tell the king."

On her way to the king's palace, Chicken Little met Henny Penny. Henny Penny said that she was going into the woods to hunt for worms.
"Oh no, don't go!" said Chicken Little. "I was there and the sky fell on my head! Come with me to tell the king."

So Henny Penny joined Chicken Little and they went along and went along as fast as they could.

Soon they met Cocky Locky, who said, "I'm going to the woods to hunt for seeds."

"Oh no, don't go!" said Henny Penny. "The sky is falling there! Come with us to tell the king."

So Cocky Locky joined Henny Penny and Chicken Little, and they went along and went along as fast as they could.

Soon they met Goosey Poosey, who was planning to go to the woods to look for berries.

"Oh no, don't go!" said Cocky Locky. "The sky is falling there! Come with us to tell the king." So Goosey Poosey joined Cocky Locky, Henny Penny and Chicken Little, and they went along as fast as they could.

Then who should appear on the path but sly old Foxy Woxy.

"Where are you going, my fine feathered friends?" asked Foxy Woxy. He spoke in a polite manner, so as not to frighten them.

"The sky is falling!" cried Chicken Little. "We must tell the king."

"I know a shortcut to the palace," said Foxy woxy sweetly. "Come and follow me."

But wicked Foxy Woxy did not lead the others to the palace. He led them right up to the entrance of his foxhole. Once they were inside, Foxy Woxy was planning to gobble them up!

nuff said

[edit on 1/20/2005 by shots]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
2070 ? well id be 101 that year so i guess i wouldnt hear it, see, or remember it 5 mins later if i did.
guess i wouldnt give a damn, anyway Im here for microwave cookery. no wait. coping with senility.

Grease me up, theres nairy an asteroid in space that can handle a greased scotsman!

[edit on 113131p://540111 by instar]

new topics

top topics

join