It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need info for Marijuana research paper.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
My sister needs info for a 12 page paper for school.

She needs to know the pros and cons, what the goverment says, what the effects are on body and mind, how it will benifet and how will it hurt the society. What are the ethical issues, moral, and social, and if it went into action what are the laws. SHe also wants to know a ton of the types of weed. What are the effects vs alchohal, vs cigeretes. Whats the cost of keeping it illeagal, and what profits would there be if it were legal, my sister goes to a christain school, so give me some juicy info.

She is computer illiterate and i came home and she was on it, i said i would help her so this is my part, also this could be a good, put everything out in the open thread.

Now back to trying to get my ipod working.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
You'd think the NWO would love marijuana because of the way the drug sales finance their operations...but it must be obsolete. The fact is they hate pot. Probably because it counteracts the chemtrails.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You sister should the web for more info. Here are a few links that may be helpfull.

www.marijuanapictures-seeds.com...

www.onlinepot.org...

www.gametec.com...

www.worldwideseeds.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
oooooooooh..... where to start!

Pro's:

how many people you know get into a fight after having a smoke? consider this in comparison to the amount of alcohol related violence... cannabis paasifies the user and therefore will not cause violent actions from the user ... it is commonly refered to as a 'downer' as it is a relaxant...

con:
there has been reference mad to extreme use causing mental instability and in some cases what is known as 'cannabis psychosis'.

I have been a user for about 8 years now and have never experienced anything myself but who knows, the chemicals that effect you in cannabis (THC) may have different effects on different people.. (remember nthat not all people have allergic reactions to the same thing.....)

ethical issues.... welll because cannabis is contraband, if it were legalised then there are chances of other contraband drugs such as heroin or cocain being made legal on the same pretence and this is not in essence a problem (if a person wants to be a heroin user, law will not be an issue to them...) however, people are not as detered by it's affects because the system allows the use in this case and therefore it is considered to be acceptable.. in the same way as cigerettes are which in turn can influence whether the individual will be suseptable to cancer and emphasima..

Cannabis is produced in many ways... either by growing it naturally or by a method using hydroponics where by the method of growing and the strength of the cannabis can be changed over a matter of adapting the crop with each harvest...

if legalised, it could potentially provide users witha cost effective drug, which will eliminate the need for dealers, therefore crime will be cut as it is affordable, any other drugs will be produced under government regulation therefore making them safer and also providing a revenue to to government through taxes earned through the current contraband... to be honest it is just a matter of time...

I don't in any way condone cannabis use as it does make you not care about stuff that goes on around which suits me personally and also makes me able to become more cre8tive, show more empathy and think on a different platform to that which I normally do.. however, not caring can be detrimental in the wrong situation... use is the same as with other such as alcoc=hol... be sensilbe and respect it and you will have no issue with it...

BIG UP YO STATUS!

(good luck woth the school report)

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
There are threads here on this subject that would be useful...do a search and your sister should get a lot of information! Good lock.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Could write to Bill Clinton.... oh, I forgot, he didn't inhale, no help there then

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
well, one of the con's is its suppose to effect the memory. Or was it the short term memory? Or maybe...no wait....did I read that somewhere or maybe....awww don't worry about it, I keep forgetting the point I was going to make....

Now, what was it we were discussing again????

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Man made beer, God made pot...

Who do you trust?

Odd

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
i'm fresh from having smoked a joint, myself, and I am feeling mighty felonious right now.

Pot isn't evil. Anybody that tries to tell you this is wrong. The fact of the matter is that things like crack coc aine and heroin are posing genuine dangers to society, and the administration would rather squander its money on trying to stamp out the one drug on the street today (including alcohol and nicotine) that has never caused an overdose death.

Good luck to your sister... and keep on smokin'

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'd suggest your sister go to a Borders or Barnes & Nobles - pen and paper in hand...go to the gardening section...and look for a book called the Canabible....

If she has questions after having studied it for hours upon hours...perhaps leaving drool marks in the book...you can ask me to consult my copy and clarify any questions she may have....

Also...try visiting www.erowid.org...

[edit on 1/19/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
try Ya-Hooka.com it has lots of links to any kind of information she could ever want.

www.Ya-Hooka.com...

new topics

top topics

join